When a camera bites the dust!

tips on how to improve your photographs

Moderator: danet

danet

When a camera bites the dust!

Post by danet » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:34 am

:( It has never happened to me, of all the old cameras I have kept for sentimental reasons over the decades, or for backup (now they are all old film cameras, incuding my little old Kodak instamatic 100 I got from my dad when I was 13 yrs of age, that I am certain all of these cameras will still work if I put in a fresh roll of film)....well....my all time favorite take everywhere camera that I had taken so many awesome photos with, was my Panasonic Lumix TZ3, at 7mp and 10 optical zoom, I loved that camera, and as soon as I got a new one, that Sony HX9V, and decided my old fave Pana was to be 'loaned' to the OH on occasions, as it was easy for him to understand and use it, (to which he felt very priveledged about :lol: ) well, what happenened lately.........I turned the camera on, to find it is a very dark blue/purple image coming through on the LCD and can hardly see anything to capture a photo.
I took it to Camera House, and the guy checked it, looked at the lens, looked at the LCD display, they were all okay, and the prognosis was the sensor or processor has died.
What? Just like that? (click of finger) I was just devastated, I loved that camera! Now if that is what happens, say these technical things only last about 3 years on average, like car parts etc. Then that is a bit annoying. So my conclusion is, never take just one camera on a holiday destination, just in case it carks it, just like that.
Sigh....... :(

Mr Smith
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: When a camera bites the dust!

Post by Mr Smith » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:55 am

I have and still use a little Fuji Finepix 4800Z, it is now twelve years old and other than getting a new battery for it I've never had a problem with it. The only drawback with it is the memory card size, it is a Smart Media card and they didn't do them in large capacity sizes and I believe they no longer make that particular card. Takes great photos though, colours and picture quality are excellent. I've never had any camera d*e on me (yet).
Wise man talk because they have something to say,
fools talk because they have to say something.

danet

Post by danet » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:50 am

Oh Mr. Smith, I can tell you, it's devastating :( Each day since, I have looked at it, put it on, but nothing, (hoping for a miracle :roll: ) ...gee, it's really really hard to 'accept' it has died on me, I still can't get over it :?
I am however, going to get a 2nd opinion of the prognosis, just to make sure, before I decide what to do with it, and all it's possesions that belong with it, extra batteries and chargers and usb leads, and it's own original box too!
I once only ever had a problem with a digi cam, my first one, the Kodak DX6440, where in the first year, something happened to the lcd screen and could not read anything, it seemed to be bleeding underneath the lcd screen, so it was sent away and fixed up for me.
Oh and recently, I have had another digi cam problem, the very latest newest one I bought last month, (the Sony HX9V) I had to send it back, because it would not do the HD video, so had to pay for the postage back to Hong Kong (long story there)....but I recently just got another replacement camera back, and it works fine, thank goodness.
I now have this little joke with myself, if I have to choose out of many boxes of electronic items, to buy, I bet I pick the 'lemon' of the bunch :lol:

Axeman
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Axeman » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:46 pm

Or you could see it's demise via a seagull...

WWW.NEWHARTLEYSERVICES.CO.UK. SAVE SAVE SAVE. Swap to a cheaper, better service.
Play in an on-line lottery syndicate...WWW.BETLOTT.COM

Blue...
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Blue... » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:55 pm

LOL at that gull…

Danet… just throw the bleeding thing out… its just another piece of electronic junk…

Like motorcycles (so I have learnt) you need to ride as many as you can while you can… when I bought my first RIII motorcycle I thought that it would be the last bike I ever bought…

But since then I’ve had a Goldwing, another RIII, a GSX14 and when I get rid of that one we’ll be getting a Spyder … the mrs has also had a Virago, Vstar and Bonniville (which I’ve ridden all of them) they are all different and have all been a great experience… oh… I’ve also test ridded over the last couple of years.. the scrambler, speed triple and the hayabusa… :D

it's not rocket surgery... :5dunce:

danet

Post by danet » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:55 pm

Axeman... :lol: that really is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time....what a great camera to have the video on the whole time!
Danet… just throw the bleeding thing out… its just another piece of electronic junk…
:? Yeah, yeah.....I said yeah :(

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:42 pm

Interesting clip!

Return to “The Photo Shop”