To compare cameras

tips on how to improve your photographs

Moderator: danet

danet

To compare cameras

Post by danet » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:47 am

I was comparing cameras on "Snapsort" for picture quality etc.

So if you want to compare any camera at all, it specifies weight, sizes, mp, what it has and doesn't have, compares everything in fact, then go to....

http://snapsort.com/compare

if the compare page does not show up with the 2 panes to type in, then click on the "compare" word at the top LHS of the page, and then 2 boxes should come up to type in, to compare any 2 cameras you wish to review. 8)

Blue...
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: To compare cameras

Post by Blue... » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:27 pm

my daughter just bought a Nikon P500... i was spewin, !!

im not sure what got into their heads, they should have came to see me first... i think that they just impulse buy and recently i've had a crack at them for taking on too many loans...

my daughters husband is going to be like his old man... in dept up to his eyeballs into his later years instead of getting out of dept... but that's another story

just looking at the comparison with the Nikon to the Fuji I’d have certainly gone for the Fuji... I would have even sold my daughter my Nikon DSRL cheaper than the P500... anyways... here’s a picture from the P500 that we took last night... 36 x zoom, Hand Held..

it's not rocket surgery... :5dunce:

danet

Post by danet » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:29 am

It looks like a good camera, that Nikon, super zoom, and flip out screen etc.
I don't think your kids chose a bad camera, and go by what they felt was for them, to handle it etc. and probably easier to use these mid range super zoom cams, without it being a DSLR with all the extra interchangeable lenses and being somewhat more bulkier, at least this Nikon has more portability with that zoom power, which is what I went for also with my Panasonic FZ100.

I do know what you mean, wishing your kids had asked you for advice etc. but they follow their own whims and wants, and I bet you never asked your folks for what they thought you should buy for yourself :P I think if you just talk about a subject matter along the path of life, that in itself is like giving advice and ideas, without them front on asking for advice.
So it's the journey, be more specific with mentionings, as it is like planting the seeds in their brains 8)

For instance, my son and his new partner, wanted to go on a cruise, but then changed their minds to go on a cheaper holiday to Bali, and I won't say what my opinons are of Bali, since the bombings, and the Corby cases (and others), so I put my 2 bob's worth of what I thought of it, and told my son, don't bring a suitcase, a backpack that you can keep your eye on all the time. So that is what he is doing, yet his GF's mother, starts with the I'm putting fearful ideas into his head blah blah, and I said..."No...not fear....the word is caution"....

So my point is, we are actually advising our kids, in normal everyday conversations, not just hoping they would come to us, like we are sitting on some golden throne like wordly wise gurus, and they seek our advice for a decision when the time comes, as they are making decisions during the journey before they get to the destination.
Well, one would hope a sensible deicison anyway.

danet

Post by danet » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:39 am

BTW......excellent capture of that moon with the eclipse.

Mr Smith
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mr Smith » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:16 am

danet wrote:BTW......excellent capture of that moon with the eclipse.
How about this one by sless. :wink:

Wise man talk because they have something to say,
fools talk because they have to say something.

danet

Post by danet » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:07 am

That's an excellent capture by Sless, Mr. Smith. 8) Beautifully clear. He really does enjoy taking some great photos I have seen, particularly of birds in flight etc. Do you know what digi cam and settings Sless used for that moon pic, and whether hand held or tripod?
Did you have the moon eclipse over your part of the world for photo opportunities (which I slept in and missed out on this morning :roll:), or is it just on our side of the world that the eclipse happened recently? :P

Mr Smith
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mr Smith » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:33 pm

Sless used a Canon 500D with a sigma 150-500mm lens to take that and his bird shots.
He claims he took the one of the moon hand held but I have my doubts about that. :D

danet

Post by danet » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:22 pm

Ahh, excellent, thanks for the tech details :D I am amazed to read of so many forum members having either a canon EOS 400, 500 or 600 D.
I was keen on the 550 D, and the prices have come down so reasonably, but I have a liking for the 600 D now, only because it has a flip out screen. I can't have them all #-o , I have the Lumix FZ100, and the size and zoom lens is good enough for me for now, but I really do like the Canon 600D :D

Mr Smith
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mr Smith » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:51 pm

Someone on the boards is the proud owner of a Canon EOS 6D, wish I could afford one. :wink:

danet

Post by danet » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:48 am

Mr Smith wrote:Someone on the boards is the proud owner of a Canon EOS 6D, wish I could afford one. :wink:
Are you serious, someone has the latest (what was secret rumours of it's coming) all new canon 6D with full frame? Oh now I am jealous! =P~

Never mind, I have decided, that one day, I could just have that really fab high end DSLR camera, knowing I can just take the photo willy nilly, and it will be amazing, so in the meantime, I have to improve upon myself to try and take that amazing capture with a middle of the road, within everyone's budget type camera :lol: . 8)

Blue...
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Blue... » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:02 am

Mr Smith wrote:Sless used a Canon 500D with a sigma 150-500mm lens to take that and his bird shots.
He claims he took the one of the moon hand held but I have my doubts about that. :D
thats interesting mr smith...

the 36 x zoom is = to approx 850mm and yet the 500mm lens looks to get closer and have more detail... how does that work? :?

it's not rocket surgery... :5dunce:

Mr Smith
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mr Smith » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:13 am

Blue... wrote:
Mr Smith wrote:Sless used a Canon 500D with a sigma 150-500mm lens to take that and his bird shots.
thats interesting mr smith...

the 36 x zoom is = to approx 850mm and yet the 500mm lens looks to get closer and have more detail... how does that work? :?
The image is most likely cropped so looks closer, and the sigma is a high quality lens costing more than the camera with the 36X zoom.

Return to “The Photo Shop”