Scanners for Negatives

tips on how to improve your photographs

Moderator: danet

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Scanners for Negatives

Post by ralph » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:24 am

A friend of mine has for some time, had a scanner that allows him to scan 35mm negatives, and then download a positive image onto his computer. But, he has a great number of two and a quarter inch square negatives (the film was known as 120) that he would like to so the same with, but cannot find a scanner that specifies that it can handle this task - perhaps its just not commercially viable to manufacture one as there probably aren't too many of that size negs about that are in useable condition.

However, with so many people on this site interested in photography, I thought I would ask if anyone knows of such a scanner - my friend would be very grateful for any information you could come up with.

danet

Re: Scanners for Negatives

Post by danet » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:13 pm

I have had the same dilemma Ralph. I have a scanner for 35mm negatives, and slides, but not for them older negatives that are almost like a small photo size themselves :?
What I did, was scan part of it on my scanner, just to try and get something out of it, which worked, but not the whole picture of course. But if you know of any scanners that do those bigger negatives, I would love to get one also.

Mr Smith
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mr Smith » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:30 pm

You can get them with various size of negative carriers to cover a wide range
of sizes.

This one does them up to medium size negatives.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Epson-Perfectio ... 91&sr=8-15

and another doing multiple size negatives

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Epson-Perfectio ... 14&sr=8-18
Wise man talk because they have something to say,
fools talk because they have to say something.

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:38 pm

Thank you Mr Smith, the ones recommended by you seem to be just the ticket - particularly the V600. Worth paying that little bit extra I would think. I have passed on the info to my mate.

Return to “The Photo Shop”