Stay "tuned" for more car pics soon :-)

tips on how to improve your photographs

Moderator: danet

danet

Stay "tuned" for more car pics soon :-)

Post by danet » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:15 am

Tomorrow, depending on the weather, going to Geelong for the 20th Australian Street Rod Nationals 8) I am excited about the photo opportunity to post here. Hope the weather stays stable. It will be a good 2-2 1/2 drive for us to get there. Hate going through or near the city though, so will leave a bit early before all the shoppers are up and about.

danet

Re: Stay "tuned" for more car pics soon :-)

Post by danet » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:25 pm

Wow, what an amazing day it was and so many awesome vehicles! The OH had to virtually drag me out almost (pardon the pun hehe) coz there was this one car I really really wanted, it was a 1959 Cadillac, and it is so beautiful, and in irredescent purple and it was for sale!....I want it! I almost felt like a toddler that wanted a toy and had to be dragged away :lol:

Anyway, I am happy to report I had done a marathon walk of 6 hours, and took photos at the rate of 100 per hour!!

Once I recover, I will put some pics in here 8) I have already stuck 6 or so more pics of 'yellow' cars in Curly's photo comp for this month. Amazing how some of the registrations have the sounding word of yellow in it somehow...very clever indeed.

Taking photos of custom cars in a public display area with people all around is oh-so-challenging, but I think I did well, and many others were aware of people taking photos and would stop in their tracks to let the photos be taken, there are so many thoughtful people, it was pleasing to see.

In the pavillions, where many businesses set up with their goods for sale, like custom parts etc. there was one man in his stall that had lots of DVD's of custom cars, and heaps of computers playing different DVD's....it was so well done, and then he had a DVD of over 400 photos he had taken of the cars for $10. If you didn't bring a camera, or your battery went flat, or you were not pleased with your own photos, this was a good buy.
Of course, I think my pics were not too bad 8)

danet

Post by danet » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Here is a pic of one of my fave 3 cars, for now. The colour was sensantional!

Blue...
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Blue... » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:30 pm

The steering wheel is on the wrong side danet... :lol:

That's a nice flake in the paint and you certainly have more stamina than me.. 6 hrs? .... I wouldn’t have lasted an hour!!

it's not rocket surgery... :5dunce:

danet

Post by danet » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:30 am

Yeah, the paint work was awesome! And yeah yeah, I know, so the OH kept reminding me it's still a LHD :roll: so that sort of put a dint in yearnings :lol:
Stamina you say? Is that what I had.... :lol: I was distractred by all them vehicles, and didn't think of my feet, that absolutely ached last night! Owch! But I made it, next time, I might hire Global's mobility scooter to get around :lol:

Return to “The Photo Shop”