Saving Danet...

tips on how to improve your photographs

Moderator: danet

Blue...
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Saving Danet...

Post by Blue... » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:10 am

Hey guys.... I was just looking at a picture that danet put up of herself on the Aussie from of her on sitting on the old mans car from way back when... its a great pic but a bit damaged as you can see...

So I though I've have a go at repairing it.. what do you think... ? can you have a go at it yourself and show us the results.. I’d be interested to see what you guys can do in PSP C3, 4 or 5 :D

original

attempt 1

attempt 2

attempt 3.. maybe more like.. Stage 3

and stage 4... just warmed it up a bit like the original :D

it's not rocket surgery... :5dunce:

danet

Re: Saving Danet...

Post by danet » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:58 am

Aaawwwww :oops: :D That is so darned nice to do that. I'm glad you liked the pic 8) It was amazing that my dad even had a camera to take the odd pic or two, and I am ever grateful for this classic one of me sitting on the old holden ute. This was my first home, in Rockbank, way over the other side of Melbourne to where I live now :D

Blue...
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Blue... » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:36 pm

looks like the old "out house" there in the back ground.... some rellies of ours had one when we were little... oh boy... smelt a little... my aunty once sat on the toilet after my uncle painted it... lol

I see that bar coming out of the end of the shed too... although it looks be used for a swing... I remember back in the day people would chain up and cut up their beef or lamb ... didn’t bother me back then... but now... I think I’d nearly puke... :lol:

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:56 am

You've done a great job on the restoration, Blue.

Not sure what you mean about cut up their beef and lamb-you mean slaughter their meat?
That used to turn me off even back in the day when I was young.
I can remember these neighbours of ours became friendly with a chap called Roy, who lived a little way down a nearby road. They went into greyhound training together.
I used to be friends with their daughter and we called round to Roy's one day and I nearly died-there was this stack of skulls in a corner of the (unfenced) back yard. And I mean a stack-it must have been at least 7 foot high and seriously wide. My friend told me Roy killed the sheep or cattle or whatever they were for meat to feed to the dogs.
I wouldn't go any further into that yard, it was revolting. :shock:
Back in those days, a lot of Springvale, where I lived, was empty farm land. People killed their own chooks etc.
I never stuck round to see that either. Revolting.

westoelad
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by westoelad » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:20 pm

Smashin' photo, these old b&w capture a lot of atmosphere and special moments in time.
Kudos to you Blue,
This is all I could manage from the original.

Blue...
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Blue... » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:27 pm

westoelad wrote:Smashin' photo, these old b&w capture a lot of atmosphere and special moments in time.
yes, they certainly do..

and yes sherri i mean "slaughter" their meat...

i remember on one of my uncles farms when they were going to kill and cut up some pigs... the pigs were in a trailer, about 4 of them i think...

so all us kids were standing around, i think that we thought that they were going to take them out of the trailer then the next thing two of the adults were in the trailer smashing them on the heads with an axe :shock: ... the pigs were squeeling like you wouldn't believe and i still don't like thinking about it today even... :cry:

Return to “The Photo Shop”