Early photographers...

tips on how to improve your photographs

Moderator: danet

danet

Early photographers...

Post by danet » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:10 pm

I have been immersed in looking at early photographers and their work, one of the early photographers, a couple of gentleman with the surname Kroegel, had taken some of these photos in the early 1900's and it's great to see people just casually posing in many of the pics, which gives it 'personality'. I will put in the TV spotlight piece on a news channel first, about this elder gent, talking about his photos, (as well as playing the banjo, if you can go past that, you doing okay!) then look at the link beneath the youtube, where many of the photos are. The beach scene is marvelous, with their covered up swimming gear. If you have a photographer with interesting photos you want to share, please do so, it would be wonderful to see all the different styles of earlier photographers. Particluarly more family everyday photos, of people they knew, and could put names to them all.

http://sebastianlibrary.com/mobile/hist ... chpix.html

danet

Re: Early photographers...

Post by danet » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:37 pm

westoelad
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by westoelad » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:12 pm

As you enjoy looking at phtotgraphs past and present you may find this local site interesting.

http://www.amber-online.com/sections/ph ... collection

danet

Post by danet » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:24 am

Great link! I do like all the different themes showing people as it is, and one that interested me was mothers and toddlers day out.....I like that, showing mothers and toddlers....so much a part of life that I never really thought of it being such a photographic event, except for in family gatherings, but to show them in public places, on trains, at the table (how I do remember the akwardness of meal times!), trying to talk on the phone, oh.....and in the supermarkets or shopping centres!

Return to “The Photo Shop”