tips on how to improve your photographs

Moderator: danet

Blue...
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Collages

Post by Blue... » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:30 am

danet..

i use a program called fotofusion 4.5 by lumapix...

sherri put me onto it a couple of years back when i came back from south america but back then it was Version 3.. i think.. but now this new one seems so much easier to use from memory..

you can download a trial for free but what you make is water marked... there are 3 different types... basic, intermediate and professional.. depending on what licence you buy depends on what part of the program opens as when you download the program you download all three versions..

when you download your free trial it has vidoe tutorials... you play one video and then practice.. go onto the next video and then practice again..once you've been through all of the tutorials you are very well advanced on how its used and you get instant results...

we plan to put some of our holidays together using the collage as we've never done anything with them.. as you... we'll get around to it one day #-o

so there's South America, New Zealand, Fiji, Nullarbor and now the trip up the Red Centre... i was also thinking of making up a calendar so we can remind ourselves of those times...

there are collages within other programs but they are difficult to use.. but with FotoFusion things couldn’t be any easier... it's fantastic!!

http://www.lumapix.com/web_support/acti ... l_v4.shtml

it's not rocket surgery... :5dunce:

danet

Re: Collages

Post by danet » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:39 am

I do remember when Sherri raved about how great this collage photo thingy was, and I had a look at the link you provided, and it really is amazing. I noticed different prices to purchase it, and it varies greatly.
Is there a way you can buy a disc with it, or is it all purchased online onto one computer only?
I could spend hours arranging the pics and backgrounds, very impressive indeed and so much fun, really brings a new lease of life to pictures 8)
One thing though, some of the pages are the usual scrapbook page size of 12 by 12 inches with the photo arrangements, so requires a printer that does these scrapbook prints. (whereas the usual printer only does the A4 size) Might have a look on ebay for that too!

Blue...
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Blue... » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:31 am

i checked ebay for the program and couldnt find it... lol

i took it that if you can do 12 by 12 you could also do 12 x 8 (A4) ... etc due to the measurements on the side.. just adjust the template before you start

i might give it a go...

Blue...
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Blue... » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:51 am

ok, here's the drum... you can basically do any size that you want..

once you open Fusion select "new project"

you'll see this wheel come up...

select "new project" again and these sizes come up.. also... take a look in the tab "market place" ...you'll find xmas cards and stuff in there :)

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:19 pm

It looks heaps better than it used to be.
I bought a basic version of it years ago because i loved the collages.
It wasn't always the easiest thing in the world to navigate though, and although I watched the video, there were some things I never did master I am afraid. :(

danet

Post by danet » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:03 am

:shock: Oh my goodness!!! If Sherri hadn't emailed me, I would have surprised myelf seeing my nic as moderator! :lol: .....way to go....I am chuffed! 8) ....looks like I am mod of the photo board, and I will be scruitinizing very closely all the "snapping" topics eh? :lol:
It must be the 'new moon' ...new stuff happens....according to my calender on this side of the world anyway. :D

westoelad
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by westoelad » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:18 pm

Here is a collage I did for my mother a few years back.

There is only little old me left alive now out of all the people in the collage...........who knows where the time goes.

Return to “The Photo Shop”