Photo competition ending Sat. 29th. August

danet

Re: Photo competition ending Sat. 29th. August

Post by danet » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:22 pm

tedster wrote:i take me little camra all over with me ,,its times when you forget it that you come across some good foto subjects,,,
So true. And even with a camera in hand, you see something, and by the time you put the camera on, and compose the shot....it's gone! I often think...wow, what a great shot that would have been. Usually as a passenger in the car...so it has to be quick!
I took some pics today while in the Mullum Mullum tunnel today on the way to Melbourne, but while my friend Karen was driving, I took the photo facing the rear of the car for an interesting effect.
I might put it up in the Photo Shop soon. :)

tedster
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by tedster » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:47 pm

yeh and yours truley forgot his camra today,i was realy looking forward to the sandancers day,,,,,,,,, :oops:

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:00 am

Good shot Danet .... it was never second best.

It added a bit of difference/a breath of fresh air to what gets posted here all the time.

Just how many churches/cathedrals & grave stones can ya handle?

& we all know & can see how lush the UK countryside is :roll:

Marra withdrawing his shot just fits in with his childlike attitude.

Again well done Danet.
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:53 am

Superb shot, and a very worthy winner. =D> =D>

8)

Fenella
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Fenella » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:32 am

well those last 2 comments are enough to convince me not to try again ill stick to doing the odd photo thread of my travels im sure theres churches and gravestones in penzance hope youre looking forward to them as much as i am going to enjoy taking them eh ?
Directionless so plain to see a loaded gun won't set you free so you say

baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:18 pm

Fenella wrote:well those last 2 comments are enough to convince me not to try again
As mine was one of the last 2 comments I am at a loss to comprehend what you are
going on about. How on earth can what I posted be construed into something which
would make you not wanting to try again. I think you and I must be from different planets.

8)

PartyGirl
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by PartyGirl » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:41 pm

baldy.smith wrote:
Fenella wrote:well those last 2 comments are enough to convince me not to try again
As mine was one of the last 2 comments I am at a loss to comprehend what you are
going on about. How on earth can what I posted be construed into something which
would make you not wanting to try again. I think you and I must be from different planets.

8)
I guess its cos you said it was a worthy winner! Sour grapes if you ask me!

Marra, you win some you loose some - get on with it!

Fenella
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Fenella » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:41 pm

just sounded a bit like rubbing it in to me though ,but heigh ho eh :|
Directionless so plain to see a loaded gun won't set you free so you say

baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:12 pm

Fenella wrote:just sounded a bit like rubbing it in to me though ,but heigh ho eh :|
Rubbing what in, I don't get you :?

Don't be so stupid and petty, get your photos entered. I've entered a couple and haven't
had a sniff yet even though I thought they might be winners. It all comes down to the personal
preferences of the judge anyway.

8)

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:53 pm

Fenella wrote:just sounded a bit like rubbing it in to me though ,but heigh ho eh :|
Maybe you need to step back a minute and have a look at all this from danet's shoes. How must she feel?
So far you have thought of it from your own perspective, and fair enough.

Now, you, marra, withdrew your entry and danet's was chosen.

This is the first time this has happened and when curly came back, he mentioned he had had yours in mind originally.
How do you think danet feels? of course, she would be pleased to have hers selected. She has already said she is showing friends the links.
But how do you think it must feel to 'win' in these circumstances?
How would you feel if your photo was chosen but you were told

Oh well, the one I fancied has gone! I hate to take second choices but what choice did I have. (curly)

I would personally feel a little embarrassed, like I had taken someone else's spot.
I don't think curly meant it badly, it was probably an off the cuff remark, but that is how it came out.
How would you have reacted if your photo had won in those circumstances?
What would you have said?

And now, when anyone says anything positive about danet's photo, you are upset, thinking it is a personal go at you. I wasn't going to go into this detail, but I don't think you 'get' it. How about looking at it another way-maybe people's comments are aimed at danet, to reassure her that her photo really was a worthy winner.

Baldy is right. The winner is just a personal choice by the judge anyway, and there are a lot of great photos. There is no definitive 'best' as such, it can come down to a matter of taste.
But don't begrudge danet her congratulatory comments. We would have given them to you too. :D

PartyGirl
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by PartyGirl » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:39 am

=D> =D> =D> =D> well said Sherri - how come you are always so diplomatic and tactful??? I dont think I have every been tactful in my life!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:30 am

And I thought I was being a bit blunt there, party girl. :lol:
I think I was a little harsh on curly. My bet is he was just feeling disappointed to have a photo withdrawn from the competition.

Mind you, on re reading things, marra does have a point, in that perhaps gnads could have been ... nicer. His post did read as maybe a bit of a go at marra's tombstone and cathedral shots.
Personally, I love a lot of marra's photography, I always enjoy seeing the places he goes and I have even used a couple of his photos in the classroom. To me, there are a few -what I would call- really top end photographers on these boards.Marra is one of them.
But danet takes great action shots, too, and deserved her win as well. :D

When you think of it, it is not as if there is an actual prize attached to this competition, it is just a bit of fun and a bit of a treat for us all to get to see a few photos from all round the world.

Return to “Weekly Photo Competition”