the NORTH -UPDATED 04/05/04-GIG GUIDE

Info on local bands, gig dates, group members wanted, musical gear for sale
Jam
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

the NORTH -UPDATED 04/05/04-GIG GUIDE

Post by Jam »

Following our sucessful gig @ Rosie Malones in Shields back on December 6th last year (thanks those of you who showed up & rammed the place!) and our debut Newcastle show earlier this month @ The Jesmond Archer, the NORTH have a whole bunch of gigs coming up for you lot to come along to and check out.

The dates are as follows:-

10/05/04 The Telegraph, Newcastle

19/05/04 Pukka, South Shields

30/07/04 Bar 36, Sunderland

05/08/04 Head of Steam, Newcastle

More dates are being added as you can see, so keep checking the board and local press for more info....

Also look out for our website which should be up & running soon:-
http://www.thenorth-music.com (again, details of this as & when it happens)

Finally, we still have some BRAND NEW CD's to dish out, so if you'd like one, or would like to be on the Norths mailing list, drop us a line at:-

[email protected]
(PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE _UNDERSCORES_ BETWEEN the_north_music)

Adios Amigos,

Jam :headbang:
Last edited by Jam on Tue May 04, 2004 10:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
G
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

the NORTH

Post by G »

Yo dude! Just a quickie to say that Rosies was rockin when the NORTH were their. Here 2 more of the same at PUKA!!

Just cos I'm in the band doesn't mean I can't be biased does it?? :eusa_dance:
Pic
Big Gob
Big Gob

Post by Pic »

Is it true you guys are playing at breeze on Friday the 30th of April? Good luck and i hope you play Gun.[size=18][/size]
Jam
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

NEW TUNES TO BE HEARD...

Post by Jam »

Yes siree! it is indeed true that we're playing at Breeze-I've updated my initial post with our new gigs, so keep checking here for more info...

As for Gun, yup, we'll be playing that, along with a couple of brand spankers that we're taking out for a test drive--SO DON'T MISS OUT!

JAM
Jam
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Thanks Everyone!

Post by Jam »

Cheers everyone for turning up on Friday-Hope you all had as much fun as the band did! we even had a mention in the Gazette! dont forget to look out for the next few shows, Telegraph Newcastle, followed by Pukka...
uncle rodders
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by uncle rodders »

Hey isnt that the band with that chap who used to be in Jughead many moons back? What happened to the little trombone fella who played with them? He was dreamy!
Whoever he is, he's hiding inside the machines!!
Rossi The Midget
Even Bigger Gob
Even Bigger Gob

Post by Rossi The Midget »

A heare that this band make Crease to Exist look like a f*ckin boy band eh eh ?
Kayleigh
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Kayleigh »

eh eh eh is that all you can say you idiot! And hey Rodders youve been gone for a while
Jam
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Jam »

i dunno if we did-is that the word like?

As for u rodders, 'twas good to c u venture down from them thar hills this evenin-i remember that t-bone player-Dougie, the Lurpack man...
G
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

the NORTH @ THE TELEGRAPH

Post by G »

:twisted: Monday's gig is a charity do and is £4 on the door apparently. If it's half as good as the one at Breeze the place will be jumpin! We're getting better man!!...as the song says.

If anyone has been to any of our gigs your opinion good or bad is most welcome by the way. Don't be shy.
G
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by G »

](*,) Who are Crease to Exist??
MUSICFAN_20
Big Gob
Big Gob

Post by MUSICFAN_20 »

Rossie's just a muppet. theres this band called Cease to Exist, there a heavy metal band I think? U should have a look the 28th of may thing on the doon toon page it just shows how much of a idiot that guy is? :roll:
Pic
Big Gob
Big Gob

Post by Pic »

R u blokes playing Breeze next Tuesday?
G
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by G »

:twisted: We certainly are mate! In fact we have got the following gigs lined up: -

June 16th: Breeze, South Shields
July 28th: The Archer, Jesmond (Battle of the Bands)
July 30th: Bar 36, Sunderland
August 5th: Head of Steam, Newcastle (Opp Central Station)

All of the recent gigs went down really well and the band are playing better and better as each gig comes along. If anyone is interested in supporting a local band playing good original tunes then get yourself along to our gigs. The alternative is being forced to put up with manufactured boybands and pop idol forever!! If you don't support the local music scene then don't complain about the sh*te music we are all being forced to put up with. Support local music but do yourself a favour.............start of by going to see THE NORTH. :wink:
jojoobi
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jojoobi »

to long to read so i`ll just say life oh life ooohh life life life life LLLIIIFFFEEEE
you cant touch this dadaddddada CANT TOUCH THIS DOLLY WORKIN 9 TO 5 JUST TRYIN TO MAKE A LIVING!!!!!!! WHERES MY MEDICATION??????
Pic
Big Gob
Big Gob

Post by Pic »

All was going well with the NORTH, The Telegraph gig and Pukka were close together but went well.

Next up the Battle of the Bands planned for Coast was pulled, due to lack of interest. The band put together a full gig that night at short notice with support from the Waldock brothers.

The gig went well but what followed was a drunken argument which highlighted personalities were clashing.

Almost a year on things are close to taking of again G has had a new addition to family and an overhaul of personnel in the NORTH. The 4 are now 3 and the other two lads are new to the band and from the north side of the river. They are putting a new set together and head into the studio mid May.

The website is up and running, in its first form, while it is also under constant development.

Check it out http://thenorth-music.com

You will see G is playing a support slot back in his native Jarrow on the 23rd. The band he is supporting are called the New Stories, well worth a look!!!
Pic
Big Gob
Big Gob

Post by Pic »

I guess you have a big nose in a Pinocchio way making you a compulsive lyre, so I will take your comment as a compliment.

Thanks

:lol:

Did you try the link?
Pic
Big Gob
Big Gob

Post by Pic »

Is that your nose growing again?
Pic
Big Gob
Big Gob

Post by Pic »

My inquisitive half wondered what made you tick, then we found this post:-
Well actually the clubs I attend are Indie clubs. I'm also the singer and guitarist in an Indie band.

P.S. we don't do sh*te covers either

So I’m pretty sure you will be aware of how difficult it is to play your own tunes and build up a following.
http://www.thenorth-music.com is all about sharing information so we all have a chance of getting an original music scene going.

Its early days and the sites in need of development but this a chance for local bands to help each other.
Pic
Big Gob
Big Gob

Post by Pic »

The North have been in the studio this weekend and have an EP to produce in the next few weeks. They are also playing a last minute gig at the Archer in Jesmand on Monday 16th of May before planning a few dates around the region.