SHRIYUKEN

Info on local bands, gig dates, group members wanted, musical gear for sale
RandomGoth

SHRIYUKEN

Post by RandomGoth »

About Shriyuken
The band formed out of a heavy metal 5 peice named Nienté. We are now a 4 piece screamo band using drummer Ben Watson and Guitarist Jo Foster. Master basser Rachel Hitchens and vocalist Joey Carr were recruited into the equation from various other bands. The band formed in October 2004 after Nienté's bitter split. The writing process began straight away and songs range from post hardcore to screamo to emo while all the time trying to keep a cautious optimism that other bands seem to avoid. The band has been gigging in and around the North East region of England and are moving further afield and over seas in the coming year. With two lots of minor label interest, fans and band alike feel good about their current status and are confident and looking forward to the musical future. With a drop kick to heart and music that encourages crowds to inflict minor injury upon themselves, they are definately ones to watch.

Band Website: shriyuken.proboards37.com/
Band Members: Vocals - Joey Carr, Guitar - Joseph Foster, Rythem Guitar - Steve Lilburn, Master Basser - Rachel Hitchins, Drums and Percussion - Ben Watson
Influences: A Dozen Furies,36Crazyfists,Killswitch Engage,Kiss,Cradle Of Filth,Machine Head,Kittie,Manntis,From Autumn to Ashes,Bane,Pantera,Southern Blood(Yeah,right, in their wildest dreams!),From First To Last,Trivium,Bullet for my Valentine,MuDvAyNe,Slipknot,Razorwire and lots of local bands we have seen or played with...
Sounds Like: ...Shriyuken...
Record Label: Not yet but have had two lots of interest lately

UPCOMING GIGS

MORPETH FAIR DAY!
5th June 2005
Band Stage Behind Iceland
(Time Not Scheduled Yet)
Free

K.E.VI School Morpeth
5th July 2005
D.T/Main Entrance Alcove
10:15 and 12:35
Free
Only K.E.VI Sudents May Attend...Sorry Folks!

Yours in randomness!
RG
Last edited by RandomGoth on Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
elmarko
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: s/s... home of the 12 year old cider drinkin can a borra 20p chava losers!

Post by elmarko »

wow morpeth fair 2005 is almost upon us... eee i was so hung over at last years and you still dragged me kickin and screamin onto the upside downie ride thing!

haha

may have to come up and see these play as i did last time, is it in the same place with the random drunks turnin up and chillin out at the back? should be a larf
I should have gone to college and gone into real estate and bought myself an aquarium,thats what I should have done