SHINE ON at Temple Park Leisure Centre

Info on local bands, gig dates, group members wanted, musical gear for sale
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jellybabyjenbob »

Awww Nikki you look lovely in that picture!
memor
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: Retired under a big umbrela in the sun with a glass of champagne

Post by memor »

Wow... If that woman does that with all her facial defects.......

Think how far you'll go with that big nose!!!!

The World is your Oyster
I always value Pilots wit and input
fullofshit
Even Bigger Gob
Even Bigger Gob

Post by fullofshit »

God you haters are full of s**t. The guitarist out of Shine On is probably one of the best guitarists in Shields you idiots.
fullofshit
Even Bigger Gob
Even Bigger Gob

Post by fullofshit »

Nikki Big Nose wrote:
The guitarist out of Shine On is probably one of the best guitarists in Shields you idiots.
He's a sad, tired old guy playing in a cover band. :angry2:

He does look like Les Dawson, which is to his credit :D
He's not sad, he's happy actually. He's a much much better guitar player than you and has probably done more with his musical career than you'll ever do.
fullofshit
Even Bigger Gob
Even Bigger Gob

Post by fullofshit »

Nikki Big Nose wrote:
He's a much much better guitar player than you and has probably done more with his musical career than you'll ever do.
I very much doubt it, can't see him playing in a orchestra like I did, he sounds like a person who's been playing about 5 years :?:

As for a career :!: :D :!: :D One gig a month is hardly a career, and for a 55 year old bloke he ain't done much with his "career", in fact all but the deluded would call it A FACKIN HOBBY!!! You silly Rock Charver!! :headbang:
What's with the rock charver thing? It's crap. You play in an orchestra? Wow you must be good. Get a life Nikki big head. Jesus you sound like a right f**king a*sehole.
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

fullofshit wrote:
Nikki Big Nose wrote:
He's a much much better guitar player than you and has probably done more with his musical career than you'll ever do.
I very much doubt it, can't see him playing in a orchestra like I did, he sounds like a person who's been playing about 5 years :?:

As for a career :!: :D :!: :D One gig a month is hardly a career, and for a 55 year old bloke he ain't done much with his "career", in fact all but the deluded would call it A FACKIN HOBBY!!! You silly Rock Charver!! :headbang:
What's with the rock charver thing? It's crap. You play in an orchestra? Wow you must be good. Get a life Nikki big head. Jesus you sound like a right f**king a*sehole.
Fullofshit just ignore her. She's just a loser. She'll never amount to anything - like she said, she might have all these qualifications but she obviously hasn't had the musical ambition to put them to any use. I'm more than 10 years younger than her and I've already gotten further musically.

Oh, and just to set you straight on a few things Nikki dear:-
*The guitarist isn't anywhere near his 50s.
*He's been in successful bands and other musical involvments all his life.
*He's a better person and musician than you are or ever will be. As am I.

Love you!
xxxxxxxx
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Nikki Big Nose wrote:
I'm more than 10 years younger than her and I've already gotten further musically.

Well Jellybabyjenbob I am impressed :shock: I take it all back! You are a very talented lady for A FACKIN 11 YEAR OLD!!

I'M 22! you silly boy.

Take that on the chin girl :-k (splutter)

P.S. Just out interest what have you achieved musically??? All we can come up of is Wedding, Barmitzvahs, etc And for that Les Dawson bloke, if he was a proper musician, he would do it full time. A couple of failed pub bands like Le Boyer aint a career luv.
Well silly me. But then again I seem to remember you thinking I was in my 40s a while back so we can both be forgiven.

Just a quick maths correction - If you're 22 and I WAS 10 years younger than you, surely I'd be 12 not 11?

I'm not getting into a war of 'I'm cleverer than you' over this. I just want to point out that you seem to think you're incredibly special because you have intelligence and talent...You're not the only one hun so get over yourself.

I front my own band, I do solo gigs just my piano and I, I'm in Shine On and FunKtion, Music Tech and Music A levels, I sing in several choirs, I have a disinction level Btec in Performance, Distinction grade 8 singing, distinction grade 7 piano, I've sung and played all over the UK,and I've just started my Music Degree. You may have more qualifications than me, but you're older than me and probaly work in a completely different area of music, from what you've said before about orchestras etc. Like I said, you're not the only person with brains and talent. That's not said in a nasty way, I'm just making a few points. I think we'd probably get on in 'real' life, but lets face it, message boards are hardly an ideal way to communicate your ideas across...people invariably interpret what you've said wrongly or b***h about you for the sake of it. Both of which I'm probably guilty of...anyhoo I'm rambling.
x
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Nikki Big Nose wrote:
I sing in several choirs, I have a disinction level Btec in Performance, Distinction grade 8 singing, distinction grade 7 piano
ok I'm not stupid enough to say your'e a crap singer, I've heard you, but......... Grade 8!!!!??? :?: Are you sure?
I've just started my Music Degree
They will be some jobs going at my place in a few years.
I front my own band, I do solo gigs just my piano and I, I'm in Shine On and FunKtion, Music Tech and Music A levels, I sing in several choirs

And a Peter Bogdanovich movie with Cher perhaps:?:

X
Unless my eyes (and all the work I put in last year...) decieve me, yes, my grade 8 singing certificate is sitting in my record of achievment on the shelf right beside me.
Lol...I know how hard it is to get a job in music..it's like that in whatever field you want to work in. Hardly any of my mates that have already been to uni actually have jobs in the area they intended to. However, I'm already teaching piano and singing, and am in the process of setting up a basic music course at Sunderland College, so I'm (kinda) getting there...
And no...not Cher...I can't stand Cher...
x
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Nikki Big Nose wrote:
I sing in several choirs, I have a disinction level Btec in Performance, Distinction grade 8 singing, distinction grade 7 piano
ok I'm not stupid enough to say your'e a crap singer, I've heard you, but......... Grade 8!!!!??? :?: Are you sure?
When have you heard me?
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Lol...I can't get my head around playing guitar. I know E, Emin and A and thats about it. My brain only really works around keyboard based theory lol.
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Nikki Big Nose wrote:
Lol...I can't get my head around playing guitar. I know E, Emin and A and thats about it. My brain only really works around keyboard based theory lol.
That's advanced skills for a STC guitar music student :)
I know E, Emin and A and thats about it.
Why don't you do Les' job in Shine One :? :)
Hmm...I'm not a guitar student? Don't know where you got that from at all lol. I play piano, trumpet, drums and sing...no guitar. I just pootle about on guitar and attempt to play chords and fail miserably. Lol...I wouldn't want the stressl...put up a pic of 'Les' so I can see who you're talking about lol.
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Haha! No comment lol...

Lol...no the GUITAR students at south tyneside are generally not too good...that would be because they've started to let complete dossers onto the courses, who didn't have enough GCSEs to get onto the A level or BTEC courses in the first place. Most of them don't even play any instruments to begin with, and take music courses cos they think they're an easy option. I really really hate that - its means thats people with true talent and a passion for music don't get the amount of help/attention/encouragement they deserve, because the staff are gonna be too busy trying to drag the dossers thru the course by the skin of their teeth.

Ahem...rant over :D
xx
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Do you know any of the staff?
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Hmmm...Well I had no problems there, they're all competent teachers and acomplished musicians, and I came out with good grades. I'm mates with most of them too and they're all good people.
x
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

A couple of mates of mine, one who is on the same course as me at uni, play guitar, and they had no complaints :? What do you mean?
fullofshit
Even Bigger Gob
Even Bigger Gob

Post by fullofshit »

Nikki Big Nose wrote:
What do you mean?
C'mon Jenny :) Your'e being a bit kind here lol :D How does it compare with your Uni :?: I went to Cambridge, it's like a dodgy youth club at STC lol :D :D
You are so full of yourself. If you are that good why won't you tell anyone the name of your band?
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Nikki Big Nose wrote:
What do you mean?
C'mon Jenny :) Your'e being a bit kind here lol :D How does it compare with your Uni :?: I went to Cambridge, it's like a dodgy youth club at STC lol :D :D
I know what you mean, but...Well...No offence to ANYBODY on here, but it IS in South Shields, and there are a lot of kids around Shields that, lets face it, leave something to be desired.

However, I went there (although I'm not a sand dancer..), I sat the same Music, Music Tech and Media exams as other A level students all over the country, and I came out with good grades. Doesn't that say something? :)

Every college has knobs, and yes, STC is starting to become a bit of a 'dodgy youth club.' This is primarily because the college is so desperately greedy for money, they're letting ANYONE on the music courses! Bums on seats = cash. There are students there who don't even know how to sound a triangle doing music courses. It's slowly going down hill, but until the people incharge get their acts together, there's really not a lot the staff can do about it. :roll:

It doesn't really compare to Newcastle, cos Newcastle's just had a brand new multi million pound performance academy built, and at degree level you're really not very likely to get kids that can't even pick up a tambourine allowed on the course, lol! :lol:
x
fullofshit
Even Bigger Gob
Even Bigger Gob

Post by fullofshit »

Nikki Big Nose wrote:
I know what you mean, but...Well...No offence to ANYBODY on here, but it IS in South Shields, and there are a lot of kids around Shields that, lets face it, leave something to be desired.

However, I went there (although I'm not a sand dancer..), I sat the same Music, Music Tech and Media exams as other A level students all over the country, and I came out with good grades. Doesn't that say something?

Every college has knobs, and yes, STC is starting to become a bit of a 'dodgy youth club.' This is primarily because the college is so desperately greedy for money, they're letting ANYONE on the music courses! Bums on seats = cash. There are students there who don't even know how to sound a triangle doing music courses. It's slowly going down hill, but until the people incharge get their acts together, there's really not a lot the staff can do about it.

It doesn't really compare to Newcastle, cos Newcastle's just had a brand new multi million pound performance academy built, and at degree level you're really not very likely to get kids that can't even pick up a tambourine allowed on the course, lol!
Errrm well said :o :)
fullofshit
I wonder where you teach?...u TOSSER! :5squeeze:
I don't teach. Tosser, shows what you know, absolutely nothing you daft fuckwit.
fullofshit
Even Bigger Gob
Even Bigger Gob

Post by fullofshit »

Well yes I do learn people the guitar but I do it privately also I work to get money to support my kids, not that it has anything to do with you, you stupid arrogant freak. How old are you? 12, 13?

What was the name of your band again?
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

:shock: