SHINE ON at Temple Park Leisure Centre

Info on local bands, gig dates, group members wanted, musical gear for sale
elmarko
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: s/s... home of the 12 year old cider drinkin can a borra 20p chava losers!

Post by elmarko »

they may not right there own tunes but they do a damn good job of covering other peoples, and there bloody good to watch. so who really cares if there covering someone? there enjoying it, there entertaining us, and there getting paid for it... wheres the problem?

spodge... im with the rest here im afraid, you are comming across as a bit of a t**t here
I should have gone to college and gone into real estate and bought myself an aquarium,thats what I should have done
GeoNeil
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by GeoNeil »

Spodge - nae bovva

And elmarko - they may do a good job at being a tribute band.. but they are a tribute band... and I would have thought the City Hall would be the sort of place that would play host to the real Pink Floyd (well, actually that would be the Arena but n/m)

And the lass out of Funktion (whom I haven't had the fortune of seeing, I must say) isn't a backing inger, she's on keyboards and vocals, so there!

Why all this crying over a tribute band anyway? I'd understand if it was you're own muic that was being slagged off, but you're a tribute band.
sewell
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by sewell »

Spodge...

Well you really must be a saddo then driving around everywhere in your BMW, Just shows that you cant have a good time and have a good drink while your out. Just because i get the metro when i go out to drink doesnt mean i dont have a car...

Goes to show that your common as s**t because everyone has BM's these days. And you pay over the top for what you get. Must have more money than sense because you get nothing in a BM for what you pay for.
GeoNeil
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by GeoNeil »

Ooh hark at you you little class warrior you *ruffles sewell's hair*
elmarko
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: s/s... home of the 12 year old cider drinkin can a borra 20p chava losers!

Post by elmarko »

spodge, you have an 'M' series bmw? very nice, althoug they do seem very expensive for what you get...

geoneil, jenny does singing and keyboards in funktion i know, but i thought she was one of the backing singers in shine on? you should go see funktion some times, there good (for a covers band :lol:) and im not just saying that cos my couzin is in them... :D

its quite funny how were arguing over a cover band that few people on here have seen... then again im easily amused!
I should have gone to college and gone into real estate and bought myself an aquarium,thats what I should have done
sewell
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by sewell »

Spodge,

At the end of the day if you are so rich go and spend a measley £10 and get yourself a ticket for temple park and go and see shine on because they are a good bunch of lads and i know for a fact that they work really hard to entertain us. So go and see them, they deserve our support.
GeoNeil
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by GeoNeil »

sewell wrote:Spodge,

At the end of the day if you are so rich go and spend a measley £10 and get yourself a ticket for temple park and go and see shine on because they are a good bunch of lads and i know for a fact that they work really hard to entertain us. So go and see them, they deserve our support.
You are in the group and I claim my £10 (which I won't be spending on your tribute band gig)
sewell
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by sewell »

I am actually not in the band, but my dad is the lead singer, and he deserves all the support he gets and he would rather not have the support from people like u's.

And if you like jenny, she struts her stuff in shine on aswell as funktion,,,to see more visit http://www.crazydiamonds.co.uk
GeoNeil
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by GeoNeil »

Why the hell are you spamming your Dad's band and his site if...
as you wrote:he would rather not have the support from people like u's.
If anything, I'll be making damned sure to avoid that band in any future dates (and you haven't done Funktion any favours either... :roll: )

Kinda shot yourself in the foot there haven't you...? :hat39:
sewell
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by sewell »

couldn't care less, i'm not in the band! and guess what, its not the end of the world and i shoot myself in the feet all the time. Who cares! Try and do a good thing and it just turns around and hits you in the ass so im over it. At the end of the day initially i was trying to defend this band but there is obviously no changing peoples opinions
tich
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

not a music board

Post by tich »

if your serious about your music your on the wrong forum instead of clicking local bands noticeboard you must have clicked the s**g me off forum;;;;;;;;;;;
:roll: :BangHead:
elmarko
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by elmarko »

wow ive just read this whole topic... tis realy amusing!

by the way, for anyone who cares, ,funKtion are playing at annie mcarthies in shields (over the road to the library, under the strip club), free entry, cmon down :D
DarkSideOfTheSpoon
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Wow...

Post by DarkSideOfTheSpoon »

...Just Wow...

Ya post one lil message and come back a couple of months later and WWII's broken out...

For the record, the Band has always had 3 backing singers ( all of whom are perfectly capable of fronting their own show - and do! )...

Some of you people really need to get out a bit more... in fact, there's a good gig on at Temple Park Centre next week...

*runs for cover*

LOL
"...and the one day you find.. then years have got behind you - no one told you when to run... you missed the starting gun..."
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jellybabyjenbob »

Hi. I'm Jenny aka Shine On backing singer, aka keys and vox for FunKtion.

I'm not gonna have a go at anyone individually, cos I know you're probably all just gonna backlash at me anyway. However, I'd just like to point out that, if you had seen any of the members of Shine On play with any other bands or projects, then those of you saying that none of us are real musicians would be completely and utterly proved wrong.
If you came to see us you would see that the backing singers are not just there for 'Eye Candy,' and as for sleeping with the other band members?...Its like having 5 extra Dads!!! I'm sure that Sewell and anyone else that knows any of them will agree with me that they are all top-notch guys! In the Shine On show we do a full rendition of 'Dark Side of the Moon,' including 'Great Gig in the Sky' in which you'd hear that Steph, Jen and I are not just there for 'Eye Candy' as you put it, whoever it was.

And I just wanna say cheers to Elmarko and Sewell amongst others for sticking up for us. South Shields is meant to be one of the friendliest places in the North East...whatever!
Kev201
Big Gob
Big Gob

Post by Kev201 »

Shine on are brilliant, and i'm metallica fan. All the criticsm is cos they are very few people on this board who can have a decent converstion without slagging each other off and pointless insults. lookin forward 2 the gig
The Joy Of Violent Movement, Pulls You Under!
elmarko
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by elmarko »

wow jen ya remembered lol, i thought you woulda forgot i even mentioned this post since it was damn freezing when i saw ya and ya was probly ment to be talking band stuff...

i saw shine on advertised in the gazette today, half page addy, was rather suprised :D
sewell
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Post by sewell »

hiya jenny,,,hope you have a crackin gig on saturday, will be going! i thought i would stick up for me da coz nobody else seemed to be,
Oh and smile when anth takes pictures of you on saturday! hehe

Sewell
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

S.T.E.F. wrote:
Steph, Jen and I are not just there for 'Eye Candy' as you put it, whoever it was.
No you must be good singers, otherwise you wouldn't have a fat one. :idea:
South Shields is meant to be one of the friendliest places in the North East...whatever!
Only if you are poor, unsuccessful, stupid, unattractive or any combination of the above. :roll:
Are most people on this board in some kind of competition to see how small-minded they can be?
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Lol...a few people mentioned it to me after you had elmarko, I thought I might have a peep :D Thanks..its somewhat enlightening as to how friendly most people from Shields really are! lol.

I'll smile Sewell..lol! And anyone that takes the p*ss outta your dad is obviously a complete mong. He's one of the nicest blokes I've ever met, so don't pay any attention to em! :)

Jen x
elmarko
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by elmarko »

Are most people on this board in some kind of competition to see how small-minded they can be
i think the short answer to that would be YES