Beckett gig dates

Info on local bands, gig dates, group members wanted, musical gear for sale
matthew142
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Beckett gig dates

Post by matthew142 »

Why not get yourself along to a Beckett gig, enjoy the music and have a chat with the lads. Take a look at the Beckett website: http://www.beckett1040.co.uk

See you there!
Last edited by matthew142 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
StottieCake
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by StottieCake »

I met my better half at a Beckett gig on 12th September 1981 at the 21 Club in Tyne Dock. Time for another night out I think.
Cisco
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Cisco »

Arthur Ramm who plays with Beckett, I use too know his brother Gordon very well, never seen him for years, who was the oldest between them, does anybody know.
fullofshit
Even Bigger Gob
Even Bigger Gob

Post by fullofshit »

BECKETT’S DRUMMER SADLY PASSED AWAY
Sad news passed around quickly on Saturday as it became shockingly apparent that Beckett’s drummer Alan Craig had died on stage shortly after a gig at the Douglas Vaults pub in South Shields (Friday night 27th of April). The band had completed their performance, yet shortly afterwards while Alan was sorting stuff out sitting behind his drum kit he passed out and keeled over. According to reports the manager of the pub administered mouth to mouth resuscitation but, unfortunately, Alan could not be revived. Although there is no official report on how Alan passed away, it’s suspected that he died from a heart attack. It had been Alan’s 60th birthday just one month prior. Beckett are a much-loved band that are legendary in the South Tyneside area. The origins of the band date back to the very early 70’s; they released a critically acclaimed self-titled debut album in 1974 and went on to support such major acts as Free, Rod Stewart & The Faces, Ten Years After, Argent, UFO, Lindisfarne, Slade, Alex Harvey, and Captain Beefheart. The group went through several line-up changes over the years, but they recently reformed about 6 years ago with members from an early incarnation of Beckett and had been gigging as a 5-piece band ever since. Remaining members Arthur Ramm (guitar & vocals), Kenny Mountain (guitar & vocals), Bob Campbell (bass) and Mick Smailes keyboards have been left devastated by the incident. Obviously all future gigs by Beckett have been cancelled. For more info about the band and their fabulous past history, please log on to their official website at http://www.beckettonline.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk There is also a guest book on this website in case anybody would like to leave any messages of condolence.
jellybabyjenbob
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jellybabyjenbob »

Poor Alan :(