Thank you

Moderator: andysfootball

Mick_Sharp
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Thank you

Post by Mick_Sharp » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:47 am

A big thank you to the volunteers that helped yesterday. The match was a great success (off the pitch) and I believe everyone who attended will have enjoyed their visit to Filtrona.

As always the true supporters step up when required, regardless of their own frustrations of our current predicament. It is days like yesterday that gives me a real confidence that the Club will be successful in overcoming its ground issues and have a Northern League team next season.

Thank You.

Mick

SANDY-AL
Motor Mouth
Motor Mouth

Re: Thank you

Post by SANDY-AL » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:34 pm

Mick I think EVERYBODY involved with yesterday's game should be proud to be associated with S S F C even though no points it was a tough ask but we may be bottom and in real trouble but in terms of credibility we are well up with the best in league and ALL the Darlo fans I spoke to yesterday had nothing but praise for the way we handled all aspects of game and they were most generous with collections and food and drink .I think they are a credit to football and hope they go up with Spenny after all isn't that what we all want for our clubs?

SSFC.Col
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by SSFC.Col » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:01 pm

As an acting steward on one of the gates i thought the Darlo fans were absoloutely superb, what a great bunch.
Excellent banter - great credit to there club.

passtheball
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by passtheball » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:21 pm

The club committee together with the supporters association members who acted as stewards, others who manned the two entrance gates for admission monies, others who sold raffle tickets, others with the collection buckets, Bob in the club shop with merchandise and 200 match programmes,the numerous ( 10 ? ) ladies who cooked and and served non stop in the two kitchens, really well done girls, the bar with JR and his staff, dear Dick with the half time buffet, and I enjoyed all the good fun and banter when doing the PA with the announcements in an overfull crowded bar pre the game, all of us together really put in a great shift yesterday and did ourselves proud, so very well done one and all. Not forgetting for a minute the hard graft also put in during the week on the pitch with forks daily and sand on the day to get the pitch as playable as possible, we all made it together. Pity about the result but never mind Darlo have a good team and hope they do very well at seasons end, as said their supporters are a real credit to the club and it was a pleasure hosting them.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

sonfan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sonfan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:54 pm

I think thats what its all about I feel quite chuffed to be involved with a great bunch of people and friends, and what ever the out come of the season the same bunch will be at it next season =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Return to “South Shields Unofficial Football Club”