Happy New Year Mariners Fans

Moderator: andysfootball

andysfootball

Happy New Year Mariners Fans

Post by andysfootball » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:08 am

Happy New Year,

Well done for your ongoing support.

For those that remember here's a one for you.

http://youtu.be/xPkKgrmgFTw

I can feel the tears running down my cheeks still from the amount of bloody linament the players would soak themselves in.

All the Best for 2013
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

optiontrader
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: Happy New Year Mariners Fans

Post by optiontrader » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:37 am

Happy New Year Andy...and all fellow Sandancers!!!!!!

SUNGONEIN
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by SUNGONEIN » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:35 pm

Andy
was kit man at Sima Hall the age of 16 for 4 years-assisted Charlie Thomas, Bobby Elwell, painted the stand during close season, sat in the dugout with Elwell and the grreat Ernie Brown who was trainer at the time every game home and away and had the pleasure of being in the dressing room before all the top games in the cup and heard every word before every game. What motivators those guys were, didnt need lap top computers to show players how to kick a ball, didnt need to use bad language or abuse officials and there was NEVER an occasion when players didnt turn up even for training. The manager had full control and they were worth working with and showed great respect. How far has this club come and what do they now represent?

When that music was played when the lads ran out on to the pitch the hairs stood up on ur neck- and the stench of that linament still remains-now they cant even get players to turn up and one game seems to make a summer-what has happened to football and attitudes? I can guess what action the likes of Elwell and Thomas would have taken if the players didnt turn up and yellow livered excuses were offered-the directiors would have changed management well before now if they werent up to scratch-there is no comparison and never will be

marinersteve
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by marinersteve » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:02 pm

yes there was a real feeling of organisation depste that fact that behind the scenes much was wrong: for example the way the accounts showed substantial payments to 'staff' which included all the volunteers like us who never saw a penny!.. of course as most older fans know the March of the Mods was the team's great motivational theme, the team used to practically dance out onto the pitch, raring to go and up for every challenge. Now they troop on heads down and couldnt care less - with one or two notable exceptions the likes of young Ramma, Chris Feasey and Jonny W for example for whom i have all the time in the world. ANYHOW: of course it was yours truly who introduced the theme tune, still have the original single which got worn down by the crappy record player in our PA room in the West stand! and for the 2nd half what else but the B-side, "Tango 65".

In those days Warney Cresswell's usual seat was right in front of our box and of course DIck Kirkup had the press box just next door.

Anyway it is still teatime on 1 Jan over here so want to say to all fans, players, officials, etc best wishes for the New Year, and a fresh start hopefully from all sides with one aim, recovery, progress and success. I do miss you all! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Onwards and Upwards

http://www.divineartrecords.com
Divine Art - The Spirit of Music

Return to “South Shields Unofficial Football Club”