ALL THOSE MISSING PLAYERS YESTERDAY ...

Moderator: andysfootball

passtheball
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

ALL THOSE MISSING PLAYERS YESTERDAY ...

Post by passtheball » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:58 am

A fair and valid question to pose that numerous who were present at the RCA game yesterday would like an answer to - Shields have a squad of some 28 actual bone afide registered players in a real total as of this moment in time, including those absent through Christmas holiday ( 2 ? ) and current injuries ( ? ), and of which a bench of three was all that was available, of which I am informed NONE could take the field and for whatever reasons unknown. So where indeed were the following and WHY ? Eleven players were therefore obliged to play for the full 90 minutes, and if any had been injured, there would have been I am told no subs possible, so a numerically inferior team would have been obliged to continue the game. Put it another way if less than eleven had turned up pre the kick off would that number have taken the field ? It really begs the question with fresh legs in the second half available, Shields could have won this encounter no doubt in the minds of those supporters present. So, where indeed were the following total of 13 ? Anzevui, Bell ( Adam ), Bell ( Lee ), Brown. Burnicle, Clarke, Ford, Lay, Matthews, Rue, Stoyanov, Sweeney and Talbot ? No recognised centre half was a huge miss in the formation, and players were obliged in some cases to be played out of position in order to put a team on the park. In the circumstances, eleven guys literally ran themselves into the ground for the club and especially Ramsey who was physically totally exhausted at the end, and far indeed from being match fit and with only 30 minutes of football played so far this season. 13 guys to whom questions are now asked, where were you ???
Last edited by passtheball on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SUNGONEIN
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: ALL THOSE MISSING PLAYERS YESTERDAY ...

Post by SUNGONEIN » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:12 pm

all about management

or maybe it was one turkey too far...........

are you seriously saying that as they do at the bents park or temple park this club has a policy of "seeing who turns up"

I would go so far as to say that clubs in the sunday morning league would be better organised and know well beforehand what their playing strength was going to be before a game.

drastic action and surgery was needed weeks ago-not taken-with this the end result

its beyond belief and makes a laughing stock of the northern league and the towns "football club" at a time when they are trying to promote this club as being "well run" and worth investing in-who would????

passtheball
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by passtheball » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:29 pm

To easy to put the boot in once again, as this post suits your particular viewpoint perfectly. Whatever be the reasons why players make themselves unavailable, is not the fault of management, instances as this only make managerial problems more difficult, and in my opinion says a lot about people in general these days.

SUNGONEIN
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by SUNGONEIN » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:37 pm

unbelievable

no wonder this situation gets worse by the day

ask yourself---what would have happened at any club other than this one

it is shambolic and the club deserve nothing less than relegation if they continue to watch it happen

a MANAGER that was any good would have players who WANT to turn up for him

really....... you must still have your head in the turkeys backside

passtheball
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by passtheball » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:04 pm

That's a nice comment, well in character, and lets all readers know what a splendid chap you are. I might get the opportunity to wish you a Happy New Year personally if I should happen to bump into you down town.......

Skip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Skip » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:03 pm

We are in the position we are in because of such players attitude like this. The management cannot be blamed for their attitude Dave. You can only watch players play, then try and get some recommendation off others about attitude. Unfortunately, that attitude changes in some players when the chips are down, and some are not prepared for a fight or scrap...in a footballing way.

I do hope some of those players read this forum, and take stock of their attitude and actions. Especially the one's who are happy to take money from the club but offer nothing in return, in the shape of commitment to playing football for South Shields FC. Some of the excuses as to why players didn't or don't turn up are very very poor. So, these players need to shape up or ship out in my opinion, before I have a quiet word with a few of them myself! :evil:

SUNGONEIN
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by SUNGONEIN » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:17 pm

isnt it the case though that Shields have signed so many players they could have had 3 teams in the NL?
The players should be ashamed I agree and remember Davy Graham apologising wholeheartedly for not turning up to the same fixture 5-6 yars ago on boxing day.
However surely a change should have been attempted some time ago to stabalise the situation-there must be a reason why players sign then disappear and cant all be about money? I dont see any clubs making attempts to take those who are left and at the end of the day in any organisation the management carry the can when things go wrong, I dont think anyone has anything personal against the manager-its just so glaringly obvious what shpould have happened but you have to ask the question as to why the club committe have continued with that situation and whether they are able to get the services of a manager who can at least get a settled team. players do follow managers and not always for money-it seems shields have to chase players who cant get a game for other teams-a sorry situation. It seems there is an air of resignation around but without trying to change the situation other than sign players on a wing and a prayer it wont get better. I feel gutted that the drop looms as does everyone else but to do nothing should not be an option

Skip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Skip » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:29 pm

The club could of changed things yes, but they have decided to stick with it for now, rightly or wrongly. Sometimes a change of management does work, morale and attitudes change. However, it's not a guarantee and it can also backfire big time. I guess we'll see what happens in the next few weeks, and once all the new signings are available, and what difference it has or hasn't made.

SUNGONEIN
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by SUNGONEIN » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:51 pm

Skip-- but at thuis moment in time it is relegation that is guarenteed and in that case it is not just the competence of the manager that is in question

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:45 pm

don't know much about the manager or the squad

but if players at this level simply do not turn up or make themselves unavailable

then not only should the club not be at this level but they would actually be better off at a lower level

to be honest if i was a coach i don't think i could get a club into this situation

because even if the players lacked ability they would not lack loyalty and passion

you'd be better off going down with the players that tried their guts out during this game

than staying up with having to put the others on the park

it only takes a year to win or lose a league

it takes many years to build a good club culture
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

marinersteve
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by marinersteve » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:52 pm

There used to be a good club culture and I have said before on the forum go back 5 years or so and the atmosphere was great win OR lose - nearly all the players posted on here also Gary & justin, regularly, loads of jokes and banter, great team spirit all round.
Onwards and Upwards

http://www.divineartrecords.com
Divine Art - The Spirit of Music

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:07 am

what's happened?

SUNGONEIN
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by SUNGONEIN » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:44 am

the club have decided to continue with failure Andy which some of those posting on here totally fail to oppose or wont have a word said against the "strategy"

if players cant turn up there is a deep rooted problem-after al they are apparently not being paid much so they cant be losing much. maybe the laptops given them to show them how to kick a ball wernt up tp spec????

if they dont have the passion or motivation you need to ask why that is-and who is responsile for creating a "good club culture" and motivation in the first place and you are absolutely right the club does not deserve to be at this level when this happens-total shambles. no communication at all from the club bar one-nothing from the chairman or other committee members-absolute silence. The people who turn up week after week expecting better need to regroup-and the club hierarchy need to issue a huge apology -i cant imagine that this would happen at Bay, Spennymoor or any other club with standing in this league-money or no money-and it doesnt happen at Alnwick or Thornaby who pay nowt-so why Shields?

Stewards enquiry

passtheball
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by passtheball » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:38 am

Seemingly no matter whatever is posted, it is interpreted to represent the particular views of D. Ord, currently aka 'Sungonein' and with a list of perhaps a dozen earlier pseudonyms ranging from 'Userman', 'Sue White' etc etc over the course of the last five years to continue to post his own particular comments about SSFC. It is a subject that he is not prepared to discontinue, and thus to allow the club to work out its own salvation, whatever be his thoughts. Never at any time has anything been posted of one iota of credit or even faint praise as have been mentioned earlier in response to his posts, nor indeed will there ever be as is quite obvious to all who read them, either on this forum or Non League Zone under his pseudonym of 'Shieldsman' . To pillory, abuse and ridicule as is his permanent wont and wish as is forever exhibited. If the club does escape relegation, if the club achieves ground ownership or whatever in that context materialises, silence will as ever be his comment. When the opportunity existed for him five years to play a meaningful part with the Supporters Association from the first and only meeting he attended then, his stance has continued without respite, and indeed he chose to denounce and insult it as a 'Stalinist or some such secret society', of which it is nothing remotely like. But be all that as it may, and whatever he continues to choose to post, they represent the views of one with only a vested interest for perverted revenge against SSFC for alleged comments made to his person by a former manager. In poInt of fact as is very well known to all at SSFC, on two occasions he has made grovelling apologies in person for the personal abuse and slander to a former manager for his disgraceful public comments unrelated to football and of a personal nature. He has been offered a meeting by the chairman of the Supporters Association to air his views of late, of which he ignores the invitation, whom he also chose to post uncomplimentary personal views even about his place of residency, for whatever reasons of his. Of the game at RCA on Wednesday and the subs bench situation etc, this is enlarged and portrayed to suit his opinion and point of view about anything and everything he can bring to bear to publicly make matters the worse as he possibly can. There is as said only one reason why his comments continue as we all at SSFC are very well aware. Whatever be his remarks the club will work out its own salvation with the many good people who do care for it and work on its behalf and his comments will continue to earn the response they attract.

SUNGONEIN
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by SUNGONEIN » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:04 pm

here we go again................... One wonders why you cant even offer an explanation of the topic in hand and continue to talk about history, even as far back as 1922...................

the turkey must still be wrenched tight................

no constructive reply or even excuses no one needs to actually post here for people to make their minds up as to what is happening-you come out with the same self sacrificing drivvel without ever replying to what anyone might observe-say for anything that might be a positive and there arent any of those to pass comment on at the moment

you are certainly one of those people who would let people believe the world is flat, that man actully didnt land on the moon or JR actually came back to life

as in 1984 people were vapourised because they dared challenge the Party-what will you be telling us next-that Shergar has been fouind and won the Derby or thet Lord Lucan is going to be the next manager of Shields............................if he turns up #-o

passtheball
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by passtheball » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:30 pm

You could not do yourself more discredit or insult than post such junk, such as posted tells all who know you too well exactly why you are considered in the light you are, either by people at SSFC with their hearts in the right place or many contributors on Non League Zone who have realised what a prize jerk you really are ....
Last edited by passtheball on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:35 pm

which still doesn't address why players don't up for games......

SUNGONEIN
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by SUNGONEIN » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:41 pm

Andy I reckon we will be waiting till Columbus is resurrected and sailed back round that flat world of his before any insight is given or guessed but dont hold your breath-posting negativity or taking action isnt a strong point here

I remember running the SSA footy team back in 1976 when we were bottom of the Business Houses League but always got 15-16 lads to turn up whatever their ability for a game of football-this lot cant even get 13 fit who are paid to do so-they must have thought FK that-not worth getting out of bed for-and actually who can blame them because getting hammered most games without any sight of improvement must be very hard to get motivated for

passtheball
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by passtheball » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:41 pm

Its a pointless and time wasting exercise getting involved in any exchange with Ord/Sungonein, as others of late and I realise only too well, with his one track mind poisoned agenda to vilify and castigate anything whatsoever that concerns SSFC, good, bad or indifferent, be it ground, manager, team, officials, supporters association, personalities etc etc - any topic or subject is to him considered to be fair game regardless. So, he will continue his one man campaign to do his absolute worst to attempt to down the club on each and every possible opportunity whatever be its efforts on and off the field, put the boot in and maximise any possible damage irrespective, its with all the same sentiment and viewpoint. Its good we live in a democracy and can all make a judgement on his opinions and why, as he is perfectly free to publicly express himself in the manner he so chooses. It would make no earthly difference if SSFC won the FA Vase, won promotion, got to the third round of the FA Cup against Man U - whatever, the self same diatribe and bitter invective would continue regardless, or maybe some success would silence him as did being third top of the league at this time in 2009, or winning a couple of cups in 2010 ? Anyone would be hard pressed to find any club anywhere with such an individual who will spend his time in such an unedifying and constant parade on a club public forum in his manner. My New Years resolution is to ignore him in future and leave him to ruminate to his hearts content, and use my time and concentrate on matters far more worthwhile and satisfying.

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:36 am

passtheball wrote:A fair and valid question to pose that numerous who were present at the RCA game yesterday would like an answer to - Shields have a squad of some 28 actual bone afide registered players in a real total as of this moment in time, including those absent through Christmas holiday ( 2 ? ) and current injuries ( ? ), and of which a bench of three was all that was available, of which I am informed NONE could take the field and for whatever reasons unknown. So where indeed were the following and WHY ? Eleven players were therefore obliged to play for the full 90 minutes, and if any had been injured, there would have been I am told no subs possible, so a numerically inferior team would have been obliged to continue the game. Put it another way if less than eleven had turned up pre the kick off would that number have taken the field ? It really begs the question with fresh legs in the second half available, Shields could have won this encounter no doubt in the minds of those supporters present. So, where indeed were the following total of 13 ? Anzevui, Bell ( Adam ), Bell ( Lee ), Brown. Burnicle, Clarke, Ford, Lay, Matthews, Rue, Stoyanov, Sweeney and Talbot ? No recognised centre half was a huge miss in the formation, and players were obliged in some cases to be played out of position in order to put a team on the park. In the circumstances, eleven guys literally ran themselves into the ground for the club and especially Ramsey who was physically totally exhausted at the end, and far indeed from being match fit and with only 30 minutes of football played so far this season. 13 guys to whom questions are now asked, where were you ???
that's all very well with you and sungonein.

however did you get an answer from any of the 13 guys to who you posed the question above or did someone of higher authority answer it

you are obviously in a position of some importance at the club, passionate about it and put in a lot of your own time in which is commendable

you therefore deserve an answer but perhaps your question really cuts too deep

answering it truly may cut to the core of the clubs current predicament

perhaps you even know the answer yourself anyway

Return to “South Shields Unofficial Football Club”