ALL THOSE MISSING PLAYERS YESTERDAY ...

Moderator: andysfootball

passtheball
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: ALL THOSE MISSING PLAYERS YESTERDAY ...

Post by passtheball » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:54 am

I have been made aware of where the named missing players were on Boxing Day and why they were absent. A couple of pairs of fresh legs in the second half would have made a huge difference to the outcome of that game, whereas Sunderland RCA were able to make three subs in the second half on what was a very heavy and energy sapping pitch, and this made the difference, whereas Shields were unable to do likewise. Some of the named players I now know are no longer with the club and the league registration list is subsequently out of date and requires amending by the registration secretary to show the current squad. Numerous were away on Christmas holiday, others were down with the flu or current bug epidemic, some were obliged to work, and at least one had a transport problem at a late stage, and maybe more as matters turned out, some were absent through family commitments, and several others were absent for reasons unknown to me. I admit that an enquiry by me would have revealed all that before I posted, but to be in that situation of such a bench as was there on the day was hugely disappointing for supporters and not least club management. I hope this answers your well meant enquiry as it is obvious to any fair minded person that such as happened was due very largely to circumstances and not as portrayed or deliberately misinterpreted by another. With hindsight it would have been far better for me to have remained silent and not be so honestly open and have let the matter rest and pass without subsequent comment in that respect.

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:26 pm

ever thought about going into politics?
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

sonfan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sonfan » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:15 pm

More talk about the players that were not able to turn up [-X , what about the ones who ran there hearts out =D> =D> =D> =D>

SUNGONEIN
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by SUNGONEIN » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:17 am

as a well known tv character would say "I dont believe it................"

what a mismach of excuses amazingly all happening on boxing day.............what is the world coming to

optiontrader
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by optiontrader » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:41 am

Maybe if SUNGONEIN changed his name to SUNGONEOUT he would be more positive about SSFC :lol:

Mick_Sharp
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mick_Sharp » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:37 pm

We love our little ray of sunshine just the way he is, keeps us sane when the going is tough. And after we have discussed the necessaries (last night was the finishing touches for the Darlo game) we enjoy a good laugh to lighten the mood. Oh how my ribs hurt after a recap of a chance meeting in a bookies between certain people............. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SUNGONEIN
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by SUNGONEIN » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:13 pm

as the town continues to be bemused as to who south shields fc actually are,,,,,,,,,,,,,,who runs them and who is responsible for the mess they are in #-o
as players fail to turn up and the demise gets even closer.............and one game being the priority hailing triumph at keeping the prices the same.......what great vision and a future in store and you wonder why people have stopped turning up.......crowd and players

Mick_Sharp
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mick_Sharp » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:44 pm

:lol:

marinersteve
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by marinersteve » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:19 pm

Andy, there is hardly a person anywhere with more love in his heart for SSFC that passtheball a good friend of many many years.

The problem with a few of the other stalwarts is (and you can find my post saying this same thing three years ago) that this long running feud with Dave (Sungonein) has lost all sense of rationality. The trouble is now, even if Dave did raise a good and valid point he would be vilified and rejected no matter what, because of what has gone before, and anyone who dares raise the slightest criticism of the current situation is (and I also quote from a recent post) simply describe as "backing up Ord and no better than he is" -

While (yet again) I do not share Dave's position generally (you have to keep repeating things..) the point raised about (1) players not turning up and (2) no official club spokesperson communicating on here - I think passtheball speaks for the Supporters' Assoc?? - are both perfectly valid questions. For me I want to see a statement from club or direct from the manager stating the actual issue and the action taken. After all we have some brilliant hardworking and totally committed players, why should they (and the club) and the fans) be let down, if that was the case. I say IF as it's actually only speculation that players were asked to turn out and and failed to do so, I don't think this has been specifically confirmed by the club?. Once upon a time they'd be in this forum community and sharing discussion and banter...
Onwards and Upwards

http://www.divineartrecords.com
Divine Art - The Spirit of Music

SUNGONEIN
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by SUNGONEIN » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:53 pm

absolutely spot on Steve

just for the record...........my original complaint about the behaviour of the previous manager was never dealt with by the club which speaks volumes and may give you some pointer towards my bitterness with one or two individuals....as ever you are hitting your head a gainst a brick wall because I dont think they actually care what you think its a case of do as we say-like it or lump it or some skewed reference to the past--they never deal with the present and never will and will hide behind the "we know best scenario" relying on the same couple of individuals to make their comments on their behalf without actually addressing what anyone asks about. I cant recall any official statements by anyone who actually "runs" the club other that a few lines in the local rag about sticking with the failed manager or something on the ground purchase-ohhter than that you would think they are either not able to keep people informed or simply dont want to to for their own purposes-one reason why very few people know the club exists or go to games

Return to “South Shields Unofficial Football Club”