SOUTH SHIELDS 0 : MARSKE UNITED 4.

Moderator: andysfootball

passtheball
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

SOUTH SHIELDS 0 : MARSKE UNITED 4.

Post by passtheball » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:59 am

The only positive from this evening's game was that it was able to be played at all, when numerous others in the league were not because of the weather. For those hardy souls who turned out on a cold night instead of watching Sunderland on TV in a warm and comfortable home or pub, they deserve a thank you or a stiff drink, as I treated myself later at home after a soul searching post match quiet drink in the ground bar. Suffice to say Shields were well beaten by a better side, conceded four goals, two absolute gifts and two the result of poor defending. The games in hand situation has been effectively cancelled now, and a look at the table tells all that anyone cares to say. Shields started brightly with new signing Renshaw on the park and Mellish having his home debut, and with several changes from the starting line up from Saturday. However as early as the 8th minute Chapim lost the ball in midfield and Feasey's challenge was brushed aside, and a run through a static defence was finished with a shot into the far right bottom corner of the net. Marske went close again moments later as Shields were all at sea at the back, and on 15 came what was an easy goal, as the visitors were allowed to double their score from a challenge that was so poor. Shields settled thereafter and the play became even with chances for both sides not taken, several for Shields particularly from Sweeney in the 40th with a great chance put over the bar. This was followed by Wightman on 42 with a real chance when he worked the ball up the bye line and instead of squaring it to others better placed, he put it into the side netting from a very tight angle. Chapim and Pickering did not start the second half and were replaced by Coe and new signing Lay. Shields were unable to make any impression on the visitors goal despite plenty of commitment but little tactical cohesion, with the midfield far too far behind the attack, making life easy for the home defence. Courtney spilt a ball in to him on 70 when Bell was rounded and it was a simple matter from that for a tap in for no. 3 and game over. Feasey was seen to be pulled down by the keeper on 85, and another stone wall penalty appeal as last Saturday was ignored, though otherwise it would have been academic at that stage of the game whatever the outcome if given. On 88 Shields were caught on the break and conceded a fourth. Even a late consolation was spurned late in the game as another great chance was headed over the Marske bar, as if to show that Shields cannot even buy a goal now.
Another game now lost and whatever happens in the near future will be effectively academic, as the scenario of possible relegation now is probably more so, even with half a season to run, unless something dramatic comes to pass soon. A most disappointing night to put matters mildly for the Mariner's faithful who braved the elements and were rewarded with a display not what was hoped for.
1. Courtney. 2. Smith. 3. Pickering. 4. Mellish. 5. Bell. 6. Chapim. 7. Feasey. 8. Renshaw. 9. Sweeney. 10. Wightman.
11. Stoyanov. Subs 12. Rue. 14. Lay. 15. Kane. 16. Graham. 17. Coe.

sonfan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: SOUTH SHIELDS 0 : MARSKE UNITED 4.

Post by sonfan » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:18 am

Gutted where do we go from here #-o

Roll up the sleves and dig deep it looks like doom and gloom and it might yet be but let's not lie down and d*e, the team have to give 100% on the park and we have a job to do off it. We all have to dig deep come on Shields. =D>

matty the mariner
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by matty the mariner » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:23 am

Skip described this match as a 'must must must win' and what happens-not just a defeat but yet another humiliation.Surely the manager has to go-he is signing players galore but hardly any of them are any good,and some don't even turn up.We are trying to raise funds but the team is nothing more than a laughing stock.As I've stated earlier the ground purchase will never go ahead under the current structure-surely the committee can see this. If not the club will cease to exist at the end of thiss eason.

Mick_Sharp
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mick_Sharp » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:02 am

That for me was the worst defeat of the season, obviously not result (Shildon) or even performance (Durham City). I personally thought we had a great chance of 3 points an opportunity to get some confidence before the Guisborough game. For that reason the result was so disappointing.

However as sonfan says we have a job to do on and off the pitch and as p*ssed off as I am, I'll be doing my bit to help the Club, oh and on Saturday night I'll be letting off some steam, so you have been warned :mrgreen:

SUNGONEIN
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by SUNGONEIN » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:16 am

why would the public put moneuy into something that is being run incompetently?
people have a right to be angry about what the powers that be have allowed to happen thus far. A manager who shouldnt have been appointed,confusion over the ground purchase and absolute rubbish on the field. those responsible are only ever any good at running sunday league sides not Northern League.
My original postwas removed saying much the same thing-you have to take the negatives and do something about it. The SSSA should voicing their disgust-not support for those who have allowed the situation to develop-its not an accident-its incompetence

Mick_Sharp
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mick_Sharp » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:36 pm

SUNGONEIN wrote:why would the public put moneuy into something that is being run incompetently?
people have a right to be angry about what the powers that be have allowed to happen thus far. A manager who shouldnt have been appointed,confusion over the ground purchase and absolute rubbish on the field. those responsible are only ever any good at running sunday league sides not Northern League.
My original post was removed saying much the same thing-you have to take the negatives and do something about it. The SSSA should voicing their disgust-not support for those who have allowed the situation to develop-its not an accident-its incompetence
Oh the normal crap being spouted by yourself, what evidence do you have the club is being run incompetently? you have no idea what is going on, other than what you read and interpret to suit your needs. The team is bottom so its being poorly run? well we are in good company QPR, Peterborough, Hartlepool, should I go on?

Of course you know best, speak for the majority and have been there and done it.

I'll not taking the advice or comments of someone of your character seriously. Go confess all to someone who can help you 08457 90 90 90 you will feel better for it.

Skip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Skip » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:47 pm

Disappointed as everyone else at last night. Thought we could of got the 3 points, but also thought that against Team North and Durham City. Positives from the game, the new individuals looked ok but obviously need a game or two before we see the effect it will have. Still a bit toothless up front, missing chances is not something you can continue to do in this league. Tony Coe looked lively when he come on too after injury lay off.

SUNGONEIN
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by SUNGONEIN » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:11 pm

Mick_Sharp wrote:
SUNGONEIN wrote:why would the public put moneuy into something that is being run incompetently?
My original post was removed saying much the same thing-you have to take the negatives and do something about it. The SSSA should voicing their disgust-not support for those who have allowed the situation to develop-its not an accident-its incompetence
Oh the normal crap being spouted by yourself, what evidence do you have the club is being run incompetently? you have no idea what is going on, other than what you read and interpret to suit your needs. The team is bottom so its being poorly run? well we are in good company QPR, Peterborough, Hartlepool, should I go on?

Of course you know best, speak for the majority and have been there and done it.

I'll not taking the advice or comments of someone of your character seriously. Go confess all to someone who can help you 08457 90 90 90 you will feel better for it.
that you are part of the failure and your response sums it up completely. The appeasers of failure only make the football club look even more rediculous by the day.how on earth can any football club stand by and see this happen is beyond belief-to hope that things will improve is just that-hope-no plan, no vision,not even communication with the wider public in any positive way. Only on J Leighton could surpass the efforts that are on show. Money or no money the towns football club need to be administered by those who have even a basic understanding. I tmight be ok on the Bents to stick with our manager with such an appaling record but I have never known a club in the Northern League do so. The days of playing on Jack Clark Park were at least successful and entertaining, you dont need to go to games to see that whatever happens with buying the ground there is a hell of lot more needed to bring even moderate entertainment.
Such a bad and defensive impression given to the wider public when an opportunity to sell the club has been evidently missed
Last edited by SUNGONEIN on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mick_Sharp
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mick_Sharp » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:14 pm

again more guff, back it up with something constructive not the first thing that enters that pea of yours.

SUNGONEIN
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by SUNGONEIN » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:17 pm

replace guff with "fair and clear summary as the majority of people will see it

Mick_Sharp
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mick_Sharp » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:21 pm

SUNGONEIN wrote:replace guff with "fair and clear summary as the majority of people will see it

Yet again claiming to speak for the majority and yet again unable to back anything up. You really are clueless and have no idea what is going on.

SUNGONEIN
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by SUNGONEIN » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:35 pm

22 Billingham Town 21 3 3 4 22 29 1 0 10 21 34 -20 15
23 Norton & Stockton Ancients 18 1 1 4 6 23 2 3 7 13 27 -31 13
24 South Shields 20 2 1 7 14 29 1 0 9 8 38 -45 10

will that do?

sonfan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sonfan » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:42 pm

matty the mariner wrote:Skip described this match as a 'must must must win' and what happens-not just a defeat but yet another humiliation.Surely the manager has to go-he is signing players galore but hardly any of them are any good,and some don't even turn up.We are trying to raise funds but the team is nothing more than a laughing stock.As I've stated earlier the ground purchase will never go ahead under the current structure-surely the committee can see this. If not the club will cease to exist at the end of thiss eason.
Who's the "WE" Matty what do you do can you answer that please, and dont let the clubs current position be a reason why you dont lift a finger you did nowt when the club was going well [-X

Mick_Sharp
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mick_Sharp » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:43 pm

No completely irrelevant of how the Club is run
Mick_Sharp wrote:The team is bottom so its being poorly run? well we are in good company QPR, Peterborough, Hartlepool, should I go on?
Just because your bottom of the league does not necessarily have any bearing on how you are run off it. I do not see any evidence that any of the team quoted are run incompetently. So where is your evidence to back up your accusations?

thorntonphil
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by thorntonphil » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:48 pm

Don't worry, we are simply giving the rest of the league a head start.

South Shields Football Club - League Champions 2012/2013

Mick_Sharp
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mick_Sharp » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:57 pm

That's the weird thing with a league someone has to be bottom, it's not nice. But the way some are going on you would think it was the end of the Club. Just to be clear if the Club do not have a ground next season it could be the end of the Club and we will have something to b***h about.

thorntonphil
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by thorntonphil » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:03 pm

And that Mick, is a good place to end this topic.

marinersteve
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by marinersteve » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:40 pm

Probably right, you'd think some people believe being well bottom with no signs of any idea how to turn the team around was fine and dandy.. to brush all criticism off only gives ammunition to the continuous detractors and proves their point.
Onwards and Upwards

http://www.divineartrecords.com
Divine Art - The Spirit of Music

SUNGONEIN
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by SUNGONEIN » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:36 am

nail on head steve.............nail on head =D>

Mick_Sharp
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mick_Sharp » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:49 am

What exactly was brushed off? sungonein post said "why would the public put moneuy into something that is being run incompetently?" and my response was "what evidence do you have the club is being run incompetently?" to which I am still waiting a reply to back up that accusation. If there was such evidence it certainly would not be brushed off.

Also as previously mentioned we are bottom of the league if relegation becomes a reality it is not the end of the Club, failing to find a ground to play on next season very probably is.

Return to “South Shields Unofficial Football Club”