MORE ON THE SHARE ISSUE.

Moderator: andysfootball

passtheball
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

MORE ON THE SHARE ISSUE.

Post by passtheball » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:25 pm

Existing share issue pledgee members of the supporters association may as directed by the thread 'TONIGHT'S GAZETTE' write to me via the address stated in the article for a copy of the prospectus information, of which the outline provisions are stated in that article. The Gazette based its article on the information which I made available for publication. There is also further information on pages 5 & 6 of the newspaper issue of Monday, December 5th for enquiries information, which can be accessed on the Shields 'Gazette' website, http://www.shieldsgazette.com this will be also made available on the forum to compliment the front page article posted yesterday.

passtheball
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: MORE ON THE SHARE ISSUE.

Post by passtheball » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:22 pm

The share issue information and basic details thereof is being published this week in ten local and regional newspapers, two BBC radio programmes on Radio Newcastle including Total Sport presented by Simon Pryde, and also with BBC television by Jeff Brown, as with also a brief showing on Sky Tyne and Wear for online readers. As a follow on from Monday's Shields 'Gazette' launch, it has a part one two page spread in todays edition, the second tomorrow, of a summarised history of the club taken from a more complete account prepared recently for the purpose of providing information of interest to readers about the club. This to assist the impact potential to most hopefully help realise the take up of shares within the local general public and business community and beyond sympathetic to the aspirations of the objective in mind whereby to purchase Filtrona Park as a home for the club in perpetuity and on which to plan and build its future as a community club in all aspects. Hopefully significant capital will be forthcoming, allied to that already pledged by major members of the local business community through the endeavours of club president David Miliband MP, and the membership of the SSFC Supporters Association and the club itself.

Mick_Sharp
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mick_Sharp » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:12 pm

SUNGONEIN
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by SUNGONEIN » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:40 pm

unfortunuately I d say you would be guarenteed more success putting money into a siberian saltmine and digging for gold.

i wonder what the alignment is with a club that went bust in 1923?

Shields were reformed in 1974-the current crowd have no affiliation whatsover with the club that were in the football league

Mick_Sharp
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mick_Sharp » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:35 pm

What is success? In terms of the share issue what is considered success?

Are you backing it? If not why?

I don't expect a serious reply and I suspect the answer is no as you have no association with the Club, you can't even claim to be a supporter!

We know why you're here, what's it like to have unlimited texts but no one to text?

SUNGONEIN
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by SUNGONEIN » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:46 pm

people arent even aware of how much needs to be raised- who the business commuity are who have pledged monmey or how much??what are the figures? far from telling us Shields had a team in the football league in 1922 that small fact might just help.

walk around shields and ask anyone if they know where ssfc play-you know the answer and the club have had 6 yrs to promote the club and consider this option way before now.

anyone who doesnt have a modicum of an idea about what this is about will look and think

"hang on they are sticking by a manager whos hardly won a game-what future is there with people in charge who oversee that?

they would quite rightly have grave doubts about how far or successful the club could be given it cant even get midway in a mediocre league bar 5 teams

football on the pitch reflects those running it,the evidence is so clear and has been mentioned on here time after time even by people who in the past dared not utter any dissatisfaction. attendances have dwindled.

that does not give confidence in the handling of it

there have been issues with the ground yes---issues on the park cant be defended-there is no excuse for the mismanagement-not even money

just a final thought-not everyone buys newspapers or watches tv news or listens to little known radio stations-a leaflet through evey door in south shields might just ahve widened the scope

Skip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Skip » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:04 pm

If you knew anything about advertising, you would know that statistically only 2-4% look at or briefly read a leaflet with only 0.4% reading a leaflet fully. That can end up a big cost for no real return. However, the gazette still has ample followers/buyers and the club are getting free advertisement with the current story being published.

SUNGONEIN
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by SUNGONEIN » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:33 am

and if you knew anything about newspaper circulation you would know that the paper covers the whole of South Tyneside. In the period December 2010-June 2011, it had an average daily circulation of 15,161 which is chicken feed considering the population of south shields alone is 82,854.circulation has dipped even further with online coverage.-How many who dont buy the paper look on the internet and specifically at local football? I t might have been more productive to consider that type of research rhather than print articles about a defunct football club that was in the football league in 1923-just who of the discerning joe public are interested in ???

Mick_Sharp
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mick_Sharp » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:37 am

SUNGONEIN wrote:people arent even aware of how much needs to be raised- who the business commuity are who have pledged monmey or how much??what are the figures? far from telling us Shields had a team in the football league in 1922 that small fact might just help.

Will it? are people not just going to spend what they can/want regardless? I'm not convinced on this one.

walk around shields and ask anyone if they know where ssfc play-you know the answer and the club have had 6 yrs to promote the club and consider this option way before now.

Agree that still all people don't, more to be done. To date fixtures/results in the Gazette, posters on main roads, leaflets in pubs, website, twitter, facebook etc. As for the 6 yrs plenty on these boards why it hasn't.

anyone who doesnt have a modicum of an idea about what this is about will look and think

"hang on they are sticking by a manager whos hardly won a game-what future is there with people in charge who oversee that?

This is something Matty has also mentioned, I'm not getting this one. Surely people will understand the difference between the Football Club and the Supporters Association? And the difference between raising funds to purchase a ground and what happens on the field? Perhaps seeing the league table will have people stop and think 'wow they really do need my help' Ok I doubt it, but see my previous posts on the share issue!

they would quite rightly have grave doubts about how far or successful the club could be given it cant even get midway in a mediocre league bar 5 teams

see here Vase winners for last 4 years the league is far from mediocre. If you had of said bar bottom 5 clubs I'd have agreed, which incidentally I still harbour hope of survival (just)!

football on the pitch reflects those running it,the evidence is so clear and has been mentioned on here time after time even by people who in the past dared not utter any dissatisfaction. attendances have dwindled.

I've previously asked for evidence of this, the Committee (volunteers) work tirelessly to keep the Club alive, we need help, more bodies for a start. Unfortunately the keyboard warriors and Club detractors out number them that will actually get their hands dirty. Lot easier to stick the boot in thought isn't it?

that does not give confidence in the handling of it

As Above

there have been issues with the ground yes---issues on the park cant be defended-there is no excuse for the mismanagement-not even money

I have my own opinion on the 'on pitch' problems, however get your mate Ian to give the Club a call and we'll take it from there.

just a final thought-not everyone buys newspapers or watches tv news or listens to little known radio stations-a leaflet through evey door in south shields might just ahve widened the scope

If I had not read skips post I might have agreed, however my thoughts on the success of the share issue is it needs to flush out a few more of the business community to be a real success.

Congratulations on a post worth reading, now if I can push a bit further? why not chuck some serious ideas on the table. I'll have a look and if required take them away for consideration.

Mick

SUNGONEIN
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by SUNGONEIN » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:52 am

so which organisation tries to raise capital without saying what its target is????

surely the club must know how much money it needs to raise??? for what reason would any organisation as part of it s advertising not reveal to the discerning public how much it needs to raise??? If there is x amount of pounds to raise and people knew how much they might then decide at what level they might need to contribute -especially some people in the "business community"

as marinersteve said-the approach of brushing off criticism has long been a dire fault of this club=along with the inability or refusal to make "official statements" and keep people informed until the last minute

Mick_Sharp
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mick_Sharp » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:10 am

Not sure of the reasons behind it, If I was guessing I would say to prevent extended deadlines and having to change targets as with another recent high profile share offer.

My thoughts are If there was a problem by not presenting the figure I do not think Supporters Direct or Ward Hadaway would have allowed it, surely they would have said, mind that’s a mistake or you’re wrong to do this? After all they are experts in this field.

I’ll assume there is reason for it however I do not have the answer, perhaps others will let you know why.

As for communication the Club could do better, but there seems to be a clamour for a press release following every little rumour. Which other Club conducts all their business in the public domain? If you want to hold a Club up as an example, again happy to take a look.

Ps the Club I think has the right at this time is Newton Aycliffe.

SUNGONEIN
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by SUNGONEIN » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:41 pm

it seems the press tv and radio are the only avenues to promote
A grand fanfare launch at the ground,tv present, as an open day for people to attend and speak to someone about this may have been also a good idea-together with drawn plans, model of ground to scale and committee presentpromoting the plans for the future-publicised well beforehand-actually communicating the vision rather than simply needing to buy a ground=after all i assume there is avision as to what the ground MIGHT look like if the grant funding is achieved? again people more likely to take part if they can see what they are buying into,

sonfan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sonfan » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:44 pm

SUNGONEIN wrote:so which organisation tries to raise capital without saying what its target is????

surely the club must know how much money it needs to raise??? for what reason would any organisation as part of it s advertising not reveal to the discerning public how much it needs to raise??? If there is x amount of pounds to raise and people knew how much they might then decide at what level they might need to contribute -especially some people in the "business community"

as marinersteve said-the approach of brushing off criticism has long been a dire fault of this club=along with the inability or refusal to make "official statements" and keep people informed until the last minute
When would you like to have a meeting we can put behind us all the crap that gets put on here and sort out all your issues at once, the offer still stands why base all your posts on here say. Come and get the facts please. Just let me know please.

marinersteve
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by marinersteve » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:07 am

sonfan wrote:
SUNGONEIN wrote:so which organisation tries to raise capital without saying what its target is????

When would you like to have a meeting we can put behind us all the crap that gets put on here and sort out all your issues at once, the offer still stands why base all your posts on here say. Come and get the facts please. Just let me know please.
that's better, both. Go on, meet for a pint shake hands and let's get off this constant and now about five-year-long mutual slagging off. Your move dave. Agree to disagree if necessary
Onwards and Upwards

http://www.divineartrecords.com
Divine Art - The Spirit of Music

sonfan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sonfan » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:46 pm

marinersteve, he's had his chance. Instead of a meeting (that would never have happened) he chose to s**g off the very paper that is trying to help the footie club with its long term survival [-X [-X. You must have no idea of the damage he has done over the last few years with his rants on this site. So my offer of a meeting has been rescinded, he has become fair game again and will get as good as he gives. Anyone who backs him up in any way is no better than him. With respect, if you don't like the way I go about my job you can vote against me at the next AGM. I don't know you and you don't know me. If you did you would realise my aim like many others is to safeguard the future of the club.We can do without Mr Ord, his help equates to ZERO [-X

marinersteve
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by marinersteve » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:19 am

I am fully aware and have read every post on this forum since joining it when it first started - thats a few years ago. You know from reading on here that I and my family have been closely involved with SSFC in its three incarnations since the 1920s at committee or Supporters Club official level, myself since the mid 1960s. As you say number one job is safeguarding the future of the club: number two job is getting it out of the doldrums of the NL and up the leagues to a respectable level. I wouldnt dream of criticising your work for the club and so far as I can read on here you contribute a fantastic amount. Why I havent met you at the odd match I've been to over the past 3 years I don't know. What I was saying on the other thread is that officals (all of them) should not bow to the lowest level of posting which some posters resort to. It gives a bad impression especially when the club and this forum is likely to be more in the public eye.

Now though I have said it before more than once in the last 4 years or so, I do not align myself with Sungonein in most ways. I dislike his constant barracking as much as most - however to say " Anyone who backs him up in any way is no better than him" is I am afraid also not acceptable, as what it means is "no-one is allowed to make any negative comments or criticism even if there is a problem which is damaging to the club". Back to the same old: one person says nothing is ever right, others say nothing is ever wrong. If I post a comment saying that I am not happy with a result or the clubs league position it is NOT the same as 'backing up Sungonein' . It is a matter of wishing better times for SSFC and that's all.
Onwards and Upwards

http://www.divineartrecords.com
Divine Art - The Spirit of Music

SUNGONEIN
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by SUNGONEIN » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:03 am

considering my brother has passed away i doubt I could think of anything else

marinersteve
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber