todays score

Moderator: andysfootball

sonfan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: todays score

Post by sonfan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:50 pm

[quote="Number5"]

"I will keep this brief, after seeing the last reply, sadly, the message that is being communicated is atrocious to be frank".

Number 5 the post you refer to was not posted by any member of SSFCSA this site has nothing to do with the association anybody can post on here, there is a moderator who can remove posts if he feels fit. As to the association you do need to be a member to know the details of the meetings, please feel free to ioin if you wish I think we have around 200 members to date. We are by no means a secret society you are more than welcome. Look forward to your reply and again not all posts on this site are from members of SSFCSA.

Number5
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Number5 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:28 pm

Sonfan! My posts are being approved before being posted, so it is rather frustrating to reply, with a long wait before it appears. As I type this there is one still pending.

It may well be an open forum, with anybody able to contribute! It makes no difference whether posts are from members or not! All visitors to the forum are potential customers (members), and they will make their minds up by what they see, and what is being communicated, is not positive. It certainly doesn't do your cause any good, and if I can be so bold, you really need to take a step back and see it from an outside point of view.

Not too long ago there was a lot of information circulating about SSFC, it has all dried up! If you do an internet search for South Shields, the results bring up old out dated information on a website which is showing 2010 as its headline! For the majority an old, dead link will just make visitors go somewhere else.
"Good luck is another name for tenacity of purpose." Ralph Waldo Emerson

passtheball
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by passtheball » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:29 pm

Number 5 - Yours of Tuesday 3:49. The newsletter is just that and no more, neither a newspaper, journal, magazine or whatever, just a periodic few pages once a quarter to keep association members reasonably 'in the loop' on matters that are not confidential and are of general interest as matters of the moment. As such it suffices to do just that, further intention is not and will not be the case of anything remotely even appearing 24/7 as you imply should be the case. Members not on line and particularly those out of town are sent a copy, and if due to the vagaries of the postal service in cases of non-delivery, I would oblige if so informed. All current members were also contacted with renewal reminders/invitations, and again in the event of any not in receipt of same, it is a simple matter to make the association aware and the matter would be rectified. Members know who I am and how to contact me, if not for any reason it is an easy matter to find out how to do so. All matters that are not confidential and for also wider public interest are included as newsletter items, business matters that are confidential and not for general public disclosure remain the closed agenda of meetings for obvious reasons. The association conducts its affairs in a business like manner, and the newsletter mirrors that, and it has been complimented on its presentation and content. In a perfect world and from a professional club, no doubt it would be commercially produced by an experienced media person, and not as I a layman volunteer. Criticism can be too easy, if wholly objective it would doubtless be considered, and valid points taken on merit, and one does ones best as a volunteer in imperfect circumstances with several important other club activities and with numerous other pursuits beyond the football club. You are welcome to step up to the plate .....

sonfan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sonfan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:06 pm

Number5 wrote:Sonfan! My posts are being approved before being posted, so it is rather frustrating to reply, with a long wait before it appears. As I type this there is one still pending.

It may well be an open forum, with anybody able to contribute! It makes no difference whether posts are from members or not! All visitors to the forum are potential customers (members), and they will make their minds up by what they see, and what is being communicated, is not positive. It certainly doesn't do your cause any good, and if I can be so bold, you really need to take a step back and see it from an outside point of view.

Not too long ago there was a lot of information circulating about SSFC, it has all dried up! If you do an internet search for South Shields, the results bring up old out dated information on a website which is showing 2010 as its headline! For the majority an old, dead link will just make visitors go somewhere else.
Number5, I think when a person first joins the forum their posts are checked as in the past we have had a couple of people posting with the intention of causing trouble, once your posts have been checked a few times you can then start posting straight away as far as I am aware.

I disagree with your comments about posts being from members or not, we do not run a closed shop and anyone can log on if they wish if they get out of hand I think they can be removed at any time. As to things not being positive we do get some negative posts from a couple of blokes who don't even watch the games but have a lot to say, again that's up to them. I have never been one to take a step back and I prefer people to make opinions on what they see first hand rather than what can be typed on this site. From my first hand experience the people who do nothing and don't attend games or help in any way seem to be the major negatives on here.

As a non member of the association what info you can read on the site maybe be limited thats true but it's for general info really like match reports, dates for meetings, ticket draw results etc which does get updated almost daily so I dont see where it has dried up? I also don't think anyone will come on this site, read the posts and decide not to come to a football match, you either watch/supporta football team or you don't! After all, we are trying to run a football club not an internet site.

Out of interest do you come to the games? And the invite to join the SSFCSA still stands.

As there will be important info relating to club matters to relay to our members at the next meeting it is important to attend. Once members are informed then we tend to put that info onto the open site.

Maybe it might be a good idea to start a members only site.

optiontrader
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by optiontrader » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:18 am

passtheball does an excellent job of keeping everybody updated on a number of topics....in fact the topics that the vast majority of us are interested in =D>

sonfan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sonfan » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:52 pm

optiontrader wrote:passtheball does an excellent job of keeping everybody updated on a number of topics....in fact the topics that the vast majority of us are interested in =D>
Is that not because he's the club mouth piece :lol: :lol:

Well done Passtheball keep up the good work =D> =D>

Number5
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Number5 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:15 pm

Passtheball, Sonfan!

I realise that there are limitations, due to all sorts of reasons, but I think the point is being missed!

There are some people who cannot get to games for a great many reasons. Some that may not like football, but want to support a local team "off the field". The list is endless.

Association members need to be kept informed, and some of them are not being informed and haven't been for some time. Maybe a members only part of the site may be useful! Like everything else though, they are all things which need to be manned! and can cause bigger problems sometimes. Depends on how the forum is set up.

Thanks for the invite to "step up to the plate". I am a long distance visitor, so would be of no use to the association.

I wish you all well in the future.

The little video clip is a fabulous one, brought to my attention from a friend on twitter. http://tyneandwear.sky.com/football/video/48756 Mr Reay doing a wonderful job.

passtheball
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by passtheball » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:09 pm

Number 5, your comments of today, allow me to reply.

If you are a "long distance visitor", please inform the forum readership how do you know in your own words that "some association members are not being informed, and have not been for some time", not informed about what and can you be specific for me to answer this point, and not just generalise ?
As you say you are a "long distance visitor", and as we have numerous members long distance and resident in such places as Leeds, Southampton, USA, Norway, and New Zealand to mention but a few, just contact me and I will forward a supporters association membership application form, and you can join and then forward your own suggestions for agenda items at association monthly meetings to physically help the association and the club. All ideas and suggestions are welcomed and appreciated, as long as you are kind enough to be objective and leave your contact details, even if you did'nt wish to join for whatever reason. Donations are also always appreciated, thank you.
As you say it is not always possible for fans to attend games, be it for work and or domestic circumstances, as even players are on occasion unable for the same reasons ....keeping in touch via the association is precisely why the association was formed, to inform supporters and work as an organisation to help the club in various ways as possible.
To support a local team as you also say "off the pitch", then here is your opportunity to do just that.
Bob Wray, Secretary, SSFC Supporters Association, 6 Windsor Drive, Cleadon, Sunderland, SR6 7SY, or telephone 0191 537 2633, or e:mail bobandlindawray@hotmail.co.uk or mobile me on 07530 201146. I could not be more open or available.

sonfan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sonfan » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:32 am

Number 5

why on earth would anyone who did not like football want to support a football team off the field #-o

What area do you live in? we can post or email you any info if you join the association you will then have first hand upto date data.

Skip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Skip » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:12 am

Mmmmm, I detect something fishy here. Maybe the sun has gone in and five has come out. Mmmmmm

Number5
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Number5 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:54 pm

Confused.com seems to be an alternative name for the forum!

Committee, make your mind up. Communication is once again scrambled.

I have several acquaintances who are members of the SSSA, many who don't like football, but have got involved, probably like many others, through work colleagues (or maybe relatives). They would never go to a football game, but they like to take part in social activities, and have been to functions run by SSSA in previous years. So as members they think they are supporting a team with their donation. I am sure also there are probably spouses who are members and don't like football either, other than it gets their other half from under their feet a couple of times a week! :D

I appreciate you may have members all over the world, but other than being another one on your list, what purpose would it serve. I have a rather large family, I could take a fiver off each of them and send it to the SSSA, you may add 50 more to your list and coffers in your tin, but in all honesty, what good would it do the football club, the money is going to the SSSA not the "football club". :roll:

Number5 is definitely not sungonein either, so sorry to disappoint Skip!

I will return back to a silent member of the forum and use the power of the internet to see how you progress. I wish you well in the future, as I have said previously I know how hard fund raising etc. can be. I got involved with things when my kids were at primary school, they moved on, lost interest, grew up, got a life ..... but guess who remained as part of the fixtures and fittings!!!!

So not just once bitten, but several times............... staying shy from now on! #-o

SUNGONEIN
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by SUNGONEIN » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:01 pm

No 5 the players are "struggling to find their feet" so how do you expect them to understand what you are saying :x

Return to “South Shields Unofficial Football Club”