todays score

Moderator: andysfootball

Number5
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

How very sad!!

Post by Number5 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:41 pm

How Sad?

Although this is my first post, I have been visiting the forum for some time. I was aware of the fund raising etc
from a friend, so visit from time to time to see how it is going.

Football is such a passionate topic at the best of times, and will always cause debate, whether it be good or bad.
It can be glorious, totally devastating, frustrating and also disgusting! The latter when supposedly grown men
behave in a manner that would be unacceptable in a school playground! Everyone has a right to their opinion, and
all have their own reasons for how they spend their free time and money.

From an "on the fence" point of view, it is such a tragedy that from what looked like a really friendly community
of good "craic and banter" (which could be enjoyed by all age groups safely), it has turned into such a hostile
environment, and in the interests of the team on the pitch, you all need your heads banging together. It may only
be a forum to some people, but in reality, it is probably a very public forum for South Shields Football Club, who
need their public to support them, both on the pitch and off it.

The tone of the atmosphere coming from the supporters association on the topic of who is and who isn't welcome at
Filtrona Park is really disappointing. Respect appears to be totally lacking on all sides and it is sad to see
that the effort which was put in to set up the Supporters Association seems to have evaporated.

Fund raising at any level is not easy, even with massive support it is an uphill task. The most important thing is
that every aspect of the aim is to get your message right, the PR. It needs to be consistent, clear and concise,
with communication being key**. It is important to get the message out to your public, but please make sure the
message you are sending is the right one. The only message being transmitted to the South Shields FC public at the
moment is total chaos of a bunch of bickering supporters who seem to be more interested in the number of hits to
the forum and how many prospective members they will have if everyone brings a friend with them.

I think its time to wake up and smell the coffee!!!!! Eventually the glass half full, will become the glass half
empty!

**A major problem for us public relations professionals nowadays is that too many of us believe the communications
part of our job is the totality of what we do. The fact is that public relations consists of two major components.
The first (and most important) has to do with influencing our client's or our employer's behavior. What I am
talking about is best summarized in the rapper line "if you're going to talk-the-talk, you gotta walk-the-walk." I
don't know of a more succinct definition of public relations.
Harold Burson Excerpt from : http://www.burson-marsteller.com/Innova ... aspx?ID=70
"Good luck is another name for tenacity of purpose." Ralph Waldo Emerson

marinersteve
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: todays score

Post by marinersteve » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:16 am

Just so it's clear to all I do not align myself with Dave O. in respect of his personal gripes with former manager and so on, nor his way of putting things... to say the least. However he is right to be sceptical about the team perormances and/or tactics/ and/or quality. Again I repeat - its so frustrating becasue the one match I got to this year was awesome. The suggestion to have a meeting and just get some meeting of minds or agree to differ and stop the tirades (both ways) is most sensible.

Whre Dave is right is about communication.
For those of us not able to get to Filtrona good communication is the key and having had so much hoopla about the buy out and share issue and the fab support from Millband and the lawyers etc, it's not right at all that we should find out indirectly that (apparently) thre is now another plan in place of which we know nothing. I want to have confidence in the plans and actions of the club - never mind the results, we will support the team win or lose but the club is also about where we want to be and how to get there. Openness is essential. It doesn't have to be a long rambling screed just a quick few words on 'what's happening off the pitch' Steve, you said 'You also have no idea what is going on behind the scenes.' - that is exactly his point!

Remember I have been there.. as a committee member from 1993 to around 2005, and I spent a heck of a lot of my life at to quote Sonfan 'running functions, raising funds, selling raffle tickets , draw tickets, and putting their own money time and effort into saving this club etc etc' - in the days of Bob Elwell, Peter Feenan and after, I used to have regular talks with the manager who would visit my office and talk about fund raising and special events, we got the South Tyneside Enterprise Partnership into the clubhouse (it's probably been abolished now) and much more, we had great support from the Hampshire Supporters, where have they all gone>? But above all transparency, keep people informed - otherwise the assumption is nothing is happening. so maybe everyone who goes to a game, buys a programme, gets to the Supporters' meetings, is fully informed./. so please pass on the gen. Keep us happy and committed until we get back to the UK.....

My pennyworth... sorry for rant
Onwards and Upwards

http://www.divineartrecords.com
Divine Art - The Spirit of Music

matty the mariner
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by matty the mariner » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:50 am

Sonfan-could you please remove the reference to the specific amount I have pledged.These things are personal and should not be in the public domain.I'm not interested in how much other individuals have pledged-I know how much I can afford on my company pension,which is my only source of income.

Mick_Sharp
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mick_Sharp » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:45 am

matty the mariner wrote:Sonfan-could you please remove the reference to the specific amount I have pledged.These things are personal and should not be in the public domain.I'm not interested in how much other individuals have pledged-I know how much I can afford on my company pension,which is my only source of income.
matty I believe you have already put the amount into the public domain:

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=31638&p=488260#p488260

matty the mariner
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by matty the mariner » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:12 am

That quote you linked was made well before the share issue pledge was released.It was just a suggestion as how the ground could be bought out-right,by a certain number stumping up a fixed amount.It could easily have been 2000 at £200 each.

sonfan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sonfan » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:17 am

It is common knowledge the amount of money you offered towards the shares and yet again thank you for that, other people have stated their wishes not to have the amount displayed in public in fact SSFCSA have no intention of making public any amounts pledged if you wish to do so as you did thats up to you. That was not my point I was stating that you do nothing to help the current plight of the club at all, and like I said other people have pledged their money also.

Do you not think the rest of us are not happy with the current plight of the club but choose to get stuck in to do what we can to help unlike your self. If it were not for the small band of people who put the time and effort in week in week out =D> =D> there would be no club at all. Or put it another way if evereyone went on like you the club would have folded a long time ago. [-X

optiontrader
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by optiontrader » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:35 pm

Re Share issue:- I think we have to thank the 2-3 members of the supporters association who did a lot of running around for months. They had everything organised i.e. press release, radio etc, however I believe if we had had a decent start to the season it would have progressed, unfortunately with us odds on for relegation it would have been a flop. They had a back-up plan, and if we want to survive next season we will need it, however I do find it strange to hear that this was the preferred option!!

Regarding the manager continuing, the club commitee have made this decision and we have to support it, whether we agree with it or not, we have 4 home league games coming up= 8-9 points from those 4 games will get us back in play.

We also need as much revenue as possible, not encouraging people to watch Shields or invest is not clever, however frustrated we feel.

sonfan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sonfan » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:18 pm

[quote="Harra"]Steve Ramsey you have my respect for trying to keep the club alive.

Thanks for your support there are a lot of people who do a lot of work behind the scenes that go out of there way to make things work without them the club would not exist. =D>
Last edited by sonfan on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

optiontrader
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by optiontrader » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:30 pm

sonfan:- I posted I think we have to thank the 2-3 members of the supporters association who did a lot of running around for months which as everyone knows includes you, still no excuse for discouraging investment though!!

sonfan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sonfan » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:37 pm

optiontrader wrote:sonfan:- I posted I think we have to thank the 2-3 members of the supporters association who did a lot of running around for months which as everyone knows includes you, still no excuse for discouraging investment though!!
Who? has discouraged investment,

sonfan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sonfan » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:17 pm

optiontrader wrote: We also need as much revenue as possible, not encouraging people to watch Shields or invest is not clever, however frustrated we feel.
With respect Sir, Where on the posts are people not encoureged to watch SSFC or invest?

There are only two people who choose not to support the team but have a lot to say about it, if they came to the games and then made comment fair enough but the results do not always reflect how the team or indvidual players have performed, so some of the comments do no more than to put more preasure on the current situation.

optiontrader
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by optiontrader » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:49 pm

sonfan:- we are all gutted about the current situation, and as you say there are 1 or 2 detractors who do not help. I believe you indirectly told Matty where to stick his £400 though I can understand your frustration. We really have to stick together in the short term, as passtheball says the next 4 or 5 games are critical, mess them up then we are down!!!!

sonfan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sonfan » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:54 pm

optiontrader wrote:sonfan:- we are all gutted about the current situation, and as you say there are 1 or 2 detractors who do not help. I believe you indirectly told Matty where to stick his £400 though I can understand your frustration. We really have to stick together in the short term, as passtheball says the next 4 or 5 games are critical, mess them up then we are down!!!!
With respect that's not what I said on more than one occasion I have thanked Matty for his offer and will do again, thats not the issue it's the negitive posts that are subbmitted when the chips are down, but never a word of praise when ever it is deserved that is the type of response supporters should be given to there team.

Also I have never subbmitted a post of any kind to discourage anyone to not come and support the team after all thats what it's all about.

Matty's ok he tends to keep his posts to team results etc which may be valid, on the other hand Mr Ord can get quite personel about peoples life styles, jobs, what they ware, where they are from etc, he has had a go at myself and made a comment about young ramma at one time as well as other members of the set up. Whats that got to do with the running of the club? Who does he think he is.

As stated before my offer of a meet is still on.

Skip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Skip » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:16 pm

Numbers5: I think your opinion is wrong about "everyone" arguing with each other. Everyone, and I mean supporters, are just fed up with posts from the same suspects every time South Shields lose. They don't attend games but look at results and start spouting absolute rubbish, which does no good to the club as a whole.

The amount of work which does and has been done to keep South Shields FC from folding altogether has been tremendous, but some people forget about that. We are fortunate to actually have a team, and a place to play this season after everything that's happened,but some people forget about that. The supporters association has also helped the club massively and their loyalty and hard work has also helped in keeping the club around.

As I stated in many previous posts, the club needs support at ALL times, not silly, negative comments that do nobody or the club any favours.

optiontrader
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by optiontrader » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:18 pm

sonfan:- Thats fair comment. The majority of us do appreciate the Supporters Association, which has blossomed over the last few years, and hopefully the Supporters Association will be included in any future share issue ( however its performed ) to give us supporters a share in the club!!!!

sonfan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sonfan » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:40 pm

optiontrader wrote:sonfan:- Thats fair comment. The majority of us do appreciate the Supporters Association, which has blossomed over the last few years, and hopefully the Supporters Association will be included in any future share issue ( however its performed ) to give us supporters a share in the club!!!!
Thanks again for your support, im sure the SSSA will play a major part in any share issue as we will be running it and controlling the way the funds are used after a vote on any issue, the share issue was brought about when other avenues to purchase the ground were being knocked back because of financial problems with the banks no wonder with todays climate and decreasing value of propety, thats the reason the share issue was brought in even though it still has its problems because it would still leave a short fall and this short fall that would have to be repaid by a large loan which again could cause problems for the club.

In an ideal world a buyer could be found to purchase the ground and free hold and ran as a bussines in its self leaving the football club to run its self. Of course a long and secure lease would give a long term future =D>

As to the share issue that could help to redevelope the team and give a long term safe financial future, with representation on the board of directors of the football club. We could then see that our funds were used in a maner that we saw fit and give the fans a long term say in what goes on, just a thought of mine.

high cholesterol man
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by high cholesterol man » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:01 pm

AFTER READING THE UTTER CRAP AND STUPID REMARKS ON HERE ALL I CAN SAY IS EITHER SHUT THE FXXK UP AND GET A LIFE OR COME AND SUPPORT THE TEAM WITH YOUR ENTRANCE FEE AND EARN THE RIGHT TO CHEER OR BOO THE TEAM FACE TO FACE. STOP HIDING BEHIND A COMPUTER. JUST TO HELP YOU FIND YOUR WAY HERES THE ADDRESS AND POSTCODE ---- Filtrona Park, South Shields, Tyne and Wear, NE34 9PH.
SEE YOU THERE MAYBE =D> =D> =D> =D>

Number5
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Number5 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:44 pm

Skip! I said some supporters bickering!!!

I will keep this brief, after seeing the last reply, sadly, the message that is being communicated is atrocious to be frank.

As MarinerSteve has said above. The problem is, exactly that there is nothing being communicated. Everyone knows that there are certain things which are not for the public domain, and can't be revealed.

However, it would be interesting to know more about the aims of SSSA, and how the membership is progressing. There are several posts about meetings and how everyone is welcome, I can't remember seeing any follow up as to what has been achieved or discussed at the meetings. Even the newsletter gives no real information of contacts for the SSSA committee etc. this sort of information is far more important than the size of the document which has been sent to the FSA etc.

I know that there are people behind the scenes doing a lot of work, probably at their own cost! I am sure that there have been many others over the years! Again it doesn't serve any purpose to prospective members, if anything it will put them off.

It is looking more like the Shields Secret Service Association than anything else.

I wish you all well in the future

passtheball
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by passtheball » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:01 pm

Number 5 - Contact details for the senior officials of the Supporters Association were on page 4 of its newsletter no. 1 which was available on this forum as per usual practise for all readers to download for fully three months from the beginning of the season until issue two was posted two weeks ago, and are easily available on request for anyone who is not aware. The aims of the association are also printed for all to read on the reverse page of all newsletters, so no reader may be unaware or uninformed. As for reports from meetings of business matters raised, discussed and/or decided, I as secretary have no intention to go public and post such matters, it is the prerogative of all with an interest in the association and its affairs to attend meetings if they so wish, and most certainly not my intention to post such reports thereafter. As for the association being some kind of a secret society, I leave any response to members who do attend meetings to make their own comments known.

Number5
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Number5 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:49 pm

passtheball! The point seems to be repeatedly missed! There are some details which need to be available 24/7 for people to know "Where, when, what and why"!

The template of anything official should remain the same with details on it. Newspapers are published on a daily basis, but they don't only put the contact details on for a limited period, once a quarter!

There used to be a time where everything which was going on with the SSSA was shared with its members, it hasn't happened for a long time, and as a result many people you may find have been missed. I do know a couple of people who have not been asked about membership renewal this year! Members already signed up lost! They have decided to take their interests elsewhere and I wonder how many other people may have done the same.

I realise that as secretary it is at your discretion to release relevant information, but, when everyone has asked their family members and work colleagues etc etc and signed them up and taken their money and paid it to the SSSA, whether it be 5p, £5 or £50,000 they are entitled to know what is going on, even if they can't get to a meeting!!!

In the last few weeks even Twitter has been missing on match days! Communication has been lost and doesn't look like it is going to change anytime soon.

Good luck for the future!

Return to “South Shields Unofficial Football Club”