Full Time Gobber

Fridays Gazette

Post by Mick_Sharp » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:12 pm

SUNGONEIN
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: Fridays Gazette

Post by SUNGONEIN » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:47 pm

doesnt it just show how poor the communication is with the public-absolutely zero

shouldnt the club have a plan???? shouldnt they have made a formal statement? rather thana matter of fact second hand statement in the local rag which means nothing?.
is there nobody with any idea of how to get out of this other than rely on the same regime =action should have been taken this week -what would they have to lose? whether relegation is avoided or not it all amounts to a poor show and nothing of any positivity can be taken from the inaction but only to show that the odds are not good

DEREK
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by DEREK » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:32 pm

A good article in tonights gazette. However, more information on potential buyers for the club and the share issue wouldn't have gone amiss. We need to keep people informed more as to whats going on otherwise people who have already pledged money may have second thoughts or, as seems to be suggested lately the share issue seems to be a backup plan. If so, what is plan A?

marinersteve
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by marinersteve » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:20 am

Sorry to say I have to agree, the last 'official ' note on the share issue was to explain the delay that is was caused by waiting for FSA approvals ( and I know from expereince how long they can take and how finicky). But I am bemused to hear commetns that it is now only a second choice and that some other plan has come up; previously it had been suggested that the scheme Darlo use to raise funds (can't remember its name) was being chased and that came to nothing. We are half way through the season and need to effect the financing and new structure NOW so that there is time to put long term plans in place or we'll be back where we were last July - nowhere. Certainly those who have pledged support (and I am sure for many it wil be a financial hardship and sacrifice) need to kept fully apprised of all developments even if it is to report sticking points, in order to retain confidence and willingness to make that contribution. Meanwhile we have three maybe four players of the required standard, and some of the old stalwarts who were let go are doing very well indeed. And yet the games aganst Harrogate, the close one against Darlo, and especially at Hebburn in which I saw the best team display by our lads for at least four years (maybe equalling at Pickering in the cup) prove that the capability is there somewhere, ... .
Onwards and Upwards

http://www.divineartrecords.com
Divine Art - The Spirit of Music

marinersteve
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by marinersteve » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:20 am

Sorry to say I have to agree, the last 'official ' note on the share issue was to explain the delay that is was caused by waiting for FSA approvals ( and I know from expereince how long they can take and how finicky). But I am bemused to hear commetns that it is now only a second choice and that some other plan has come up; previously it had been suggested that the scheme Darlo use to raise funds (can't remember its name) was being chased and that came to nothing. We are half way through the season and need to effect the financing and new structure NOW so that there is time to put long term plans in place or we'll be back where we were last July - nowhere. Certainly those who have pledged support (and I am sure for many it wil be a financial hardship and sacrifice) need to kept fully apprised of all developments even if it is to report sticking points, in order to retain confidence and willingness to make that contribution. Meanwhile we have three maybe four players of the required standard, and some of the old stalwarts who were let go are doing very well indeed. And yet the games aganst Harrogate, the close one against Darlo, and especially at Hebburn in which I saw the best team display by our lads for at least four years (maybe equalling at Pickering in the cup) prove that the capability is there somewhere, ... .
Onwards and Upwards

http://www.divineartrecords.com
Divine Art - The Spirit of Music

Return to “South Shields Unofficial Football Club”