New Signing

Moderator: andysfootball

thorntonphil
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

New Signing

Post by thorntonphil » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:02 pm

I hear today we have signed Steven Graham from Harton and Westoe.

Great signing in my opinion, seen him play a number of times this season for H&W and will be a superb addition to the midfield.

optiontrader
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: New Signing

Post by optiontrader » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:46 pm

If he's half as good as Davey GRAHAM....he'll do.......

SSFC.Col
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by SSFC.Col » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:13 pm

Seen him play hes a cracking player for H & W am sure he can make the step up.
Welcome.

sonfan
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sonfan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:49 pm

=D> WELCOME TO SSFC

thorntonphil
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by thorntonphil » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:57 pm

marinersteve
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by marinersteve » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:37 pm

Welcome indeed.

by the way how is Big D these days?? This board hasnt been the same since he and his teammates made it so much of a laff back around 2006-7... Most of the team posted and was some great banter. Even Felix silent as the grave these days! :lol:
Onwards and Upwards

http://www.divineartrecords.com
Divine Art - The Spirit of Music

felix
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by felix » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:00 pm

I'm still here! i just daint get along to many games at present so daint get a chance to comment on how things are goin etc.

And good luck to stevey g, i'm sure heel do well for us and as said before, if he makes half the impression on the club that big davey did in his time here heel be a massive favorite.
Brought to you in association with Lawsons Timber.......
If these lads cant give you wood, then no-one can!
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/vetsreunitedfc/

matty the mariner
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by matty the mariner » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:48 pm

Perhaps we should try and sign Tony stephenson & Liam Mcbryde from Hebburn-they score 3 goals between them today.Oh I forgot-weDID have them but they were turfed out by the previous management,which included Jon King.Absolutely pathetic.

F150
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by F150 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:02 am

Matty why dont you support your club instead of coming on here week in and week out moaning :oops: .
When was the last time you actually came to a game . You make coments on here about games that you did not even see.
You call yourself Matty THE MARINER (JOKE) your a part time supporter and GOOD TIME CHARLIE.

matty the mariner
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by matty the mariner » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:49 pm

You don't need to go to the games to know that 8 defeats out of 9 and bottom of the league means you are a poor team.People keep going on about budgets but Hebburn are 4th top-do they have the 4th best budget-I think not!!

Skip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Skip » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Matty, I think when people talk about budget it's more to do with pre season. 2 weeks before start of season the club had no ground, so had no budget as there would be potentially no income from sponsors or fans. The club did well to put a team together in this short period of time with little money. I will agree however that results have been poor so far this season but I'm sure everyone agrees with this. When I say everyone, I mean management and players too. Now, we can all come on here and ask for the managers head, thinking that someone else will be better, but I disagree. Individually, the players we have should be capable of moving us up the table, getting them to play as a team in the next few weeks is the challenge the management have, which I'm sure their well aware of. The team and club need supporting even more during tough times like this Matty, so your support will be greatly appreciated. Why not come down tonight, for Whitley Bay game, usually a good 400 strong crowd and great atmosphere. Support through the good and bad times, the good times will return quicker!

marinersteve
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by marinersteve » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:31 am

F150 wrote:Matty why dont you support your club instead of coming on here week in and week out moaning :oops: .
When was the last time you actually came to a game . You make coments on here about games that you did not even see.
You call yourself Matty THE MARINER (JOKE) your a part time supporter and GOOD TIME CHARLIE.
From the SSFC message boaard: 29 October 2007... a post from F150:

I think it is time for change we seem to be falling into the same troubles as last season struggling in defence and in goal how many goals do we need to score to win a match. It is time for the manager to start adding to our squad before we start falling of the pace in my opinion we need a goalkeeper, centre half and a pacy striker so its time for Stud and Justin to prove there worth so lets sort it

As I said on that forum a couple of days ago, not much changed, then, except Studs and Justin left - now very little time if any for Jon to prove his worth and that is nly be being out of the bottom 3 by Christmas
Onwards and Upwards

http://www.divineartrecords.com
Divine Art - The Spirit of Music

SSFC.Col
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by SSFC.Col » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:29 pm

marinersteve wrote:we need a goalkeeper, centre half and a pacy striker
Steve you are so wrong about needing a goalkeeper, i know you cannot get to many games because of distance, but Courtney has been oustanding between the sticks. Without him defeats would have been even worse, believe it or not he has pulled off a string of excellent saves denying certain goals.

You are correct about defence / midfield / forward certainly lacking a player in these areas.

Daryl Hall or Stoneman at the back / Scoggs midfield / Ramma upfront- problem solved.

Skip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Skip » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:53 pm

I thought Tom was outstanding for first few games but has been a bit shaky of late. Maybe time for Ben to come back and put some pressure and competition on that place!

Return to “South Shields Unofficial Football Club”