This season

Moderator: andysfootball

Skip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

This season

Post by Skip » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:03 pm

Well, the season is upon us again. Comes round quick!

Don't know what other people's thoughts are for this season but mine are quite humble. We all know it's been a strange and very struggling per season, both on and off the pitch. With the club nearly folding, like I remember in 2004, the efforts off the field have secured the club once again. Excellent graft from all! =D>

As for this season, I'd be happy to see us survive as I believe this seasons division 1 looks its strongest for many a season. The money that seems to be floating around others clubs in their persuit of players is quite astonishing for this level of football. A nice cup run would be great this year, and the opening round fixtures in FA cup and vase seem to have been quite favourable to us, but doesn't guarantee advancing to next round, only hard work on the pitch ensures that.

The start of the league season doesn't look to bad either, maybe a good chance to put some early points on the board? Hope so! Nice to see Barrie smith back and Blandford looks a decent turn too. Lee Bell always a good battler and once Talbot returns, it will look better again. I do feel if our strikers, Kane and Ramma can find some early form, we'll score a few goals as the wide men have impressed with quality balls in the box during pre season. Midfield looks good. Barkley, Scott and Gil will provide a test for any midfield in this league. Feasy looks fitter, Coe can change a game if he concentrates a little more, like to see him running at players, causing them problems! Playing 4-5-1 at end of last season also looks the way to go. We looked more solid. Remember playing 3-5-2 beginning of last season and it just didn't work. Early exits from cups, and struggled in league. 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 looks more suited to the players we have.

So, tomorrow see's the start of another adventure. One things for sure, there'll be ups and downs....... But always entertainment! Good luck to everyone.

philsr3
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: This season

Post by philsr3 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:18 am

I concur - best of luck lads, do our home town proud! I can't wait to see you at Harrogate RA in a couple of weeks so we can repeat our heroics of 1997 - hopefully without that disgraceful defeat at gainsborough with that cheating ref from doncaster :evil: :evil: :evil:

But 4thQ here we come!
Cheers,

Phil

matty the mariner
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by matty the mariner » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:38 am

Who's the keeper for this season.Cunningham has gone to Benfield and Ball hasn't signed-just wondered which of the new players are keepers.

passtheball
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by passtheball » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:24 pm

Kyle Barlow and Ben Starford in answer to your query are the two Shields goalkeepers, and both played throughout the pre season friendlies, also Jonny Ball according to information received has a job in Ibiza as a holiday company representative.

matty the mariner
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by matty the mariner » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:51 pm

Thanks for the info.

SUNGONEIN
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by SUNGONEIN » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:50 pm

One keeper from coronation street and one from softly softly doesnt bode well :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

diehard1
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by diehard1 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:25 pm

Someone needs to get out more but on second thoughts just stay in
and keep watching the telly :oops: :oops:

JONNY BALL
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by JONNY BALL » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:36 pm

Jonny is back from working abroad and was asked to sign as late as thursday night after only being given three half games which is not enough for a player never mind a goalkeeper pre season.Jonny is a young lad still at university who has to financially support himself as best he can and last season just managed as one of the lowest payed players in the squad.This season he was unfortunatly offered even less which was an embarrasing amount and a bit of a dissappointment especially as alot of the squad have jumped ship.We understand that things are tight at the club but he cannot manage financially on any less.Whatever happens we wish the club and it's supporters all the best for the season.

Return to “South Shields Unofficial Football Club”