sima v boldon colts match report

Moderator: hellraiser

barry fry
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

sima v boldon colts match report

Post by barry fry » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:45 am

Sima 2-3 Boldon Colts
Well what can i say for the first hour of the game sima never really showed up and it wasnt a suprise that we went 2-0 down.Yes the Sima missed some good chances in the first half which they are gonna have to start converting into goals if they want to be anywhere the promotion places at the end of the season,and yes we were missing several key players due to work commitments and the fact they couldnt be bothere to get out of bed but Sima still had more than enough quality on the field to beat what i think a poor Boldon team whos league posistion is hard to believe.
Lets forget about the first hour brcause we were that poor.
Just after the hour mark Sima started to knock the ball about and got back into the game when Darren Wann brilliantly brought a long ball by cooper down to tuck it nicely past the keeper to make it 2-1.Only then did Sima start believing they could actually get something out of the game because they started playing some nice football when some brillian work from Slim Smith around the edge of the penalty area wa converted by Karl Dodds and sima were at 2-2 and looked the more likely to go on and win it.
Sima thought they had got a third When Slim Smith looked to have converted from close range but the ref who was stranded way back on the half way line never gave it to the astonishment of some of the Sima spectators because it was clearly at least a yard across the line.Within minutes terrible defending from Sima allowed a Boldon third very late on and sima never stood a chance as there heads dropped.Star man Slim Smith :D :D :D .Sima are playing away to Perth Green next week where a better performance will be need if they are to stand a chance.Anyone needing a lift please get in touch with Geordie,Charlie or dennis asap.
The lads would also like to thank Dava Bainbridge of Farmcraft for his sponsorship of new training tops for the lads CHEERS DAVA.

Sanddancer
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: sima v boldon colts match report

Post by Sanddancer » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:50 pm

Just going from what I did see of the match it should have been a comfortable win for the Sima lads, but as stated by Barry Fry they were let down by some very poor defending (and a few strange refereeing decisions)
Incidentally Barry, I thought it was Darren Wann that had the goal disallowed! :lol:
Growing old is not so bad when you consider the alternative!

barry fry
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by barry fry » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:06 pm

i think it was sanddancer shows how much attention i was paying

Sanddancer
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Sanddancer » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:32 pm

barry fry wrote:i think it was sanddancer shows how much attention i was paying
I know how hard it is to remain attentive, especially when acting as linesman :twisted: :twisted:

Never mind, keep up the good work with the match reports =D> =D>
Growing old is not so bad when you consider the alternative!

Return to “Simonside Club Sporting Clubs”