Twas on a New Year Windy

Do you have any News or Gossip from South Tyneside including South Shields, Jarrow, Hebburn and surrounding areas of Tyne and Wear? Then let the community know! by posting to our News Desk Forum
robpapE2
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Twas on a New Year Windy

Post by robpapE2 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:12 am

Picture the scene ..3.15 am in South Shields (Biddick Hall to be precise) your not so humble correspondent has risen from his slumbers and decides to do his bit for the community...First returning the wheelie bins to their correct location after being blown into the road ...then pick up the offending debris scattered over a few blocks ..newspapers ..disposable nappies etc (the usual stuff)
Enter stage left ..two 18 year old males ..asking if I had any
A ....spiffs ....or B....cigarettes ..when I answered that the devil weed in all it's forms was no my way ...they said that I would get talked about for picking up litter in the street.!!!!!
No doubt they think that the whole world is like home and its not anyone's job to do any clearing up...no doubt their mums still clean the skid marks off their nike pants !!!!!
Do kids not believe in doing anything now ..I aways had loads of chores to do and expected to be occupied...or is this an extension of the can't work/ won't work culture written of in recent weeks ????? Best wishes to all
the boarders for 2007 !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Babooshka

Post by Babooshka » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:08 pm

Robpapes
no doubt their mums still clean the skid marks off their nike pants !!!!!
looking at the state of most of these scumbags, they don't seem to be too bothered about getting washed or looking presentable..
I'd frogmarch them all down to the local firestation and hose them down with a high power drenching of cold water..that'll sort them out :lol: :lol:
yeah bit late but Happy New Year.. BAH

robpapE2
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by robpapE2 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:47 am

Don't worry ..the wind seems to be with us for a long time..as to the likes of those young men..I only criticised them (inside my head) as I was actually picking up debris in the street..tying up wheelie bins that had blown into the road and other public spirited endeavours...but their response was to mock moi ...(the silly old codger who performed these acts) with the rejoinder "you'll get talked about ..doin' things like that" I infer that in their "world" any show of public service ..picking up litter etc. is bad ....
Anyone who follows school children during the course of walking around our fair town must be annoyed with the way that many youngsters deposit the various snack wrappers,plastic bottles and other waste materials in their wake .....I almost sound like a younger version of Mr Angry ..I had better stop now !!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: 8) 8) 8) 8)

Return to “Local Area News and Gossip from South Tyneside”