help please info needed william moffett mary ann spoors telf

Local History for Tyne & Wear
surpriseitsme
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

help please info needed william moffett mary ann spoors telf

Post by surpriseitsme »

hi my grandparents are from the tynemouth and washington areas an d i would be gratefull for any information about them

My great grandparents were William Gray Moffett born 1897 in tynemouth and he married mary ann spoors telford around 1923 in 1924 my grandad william(bill)gray was born in washington :D and two brothers tom and george and two sisters who died young named mary ann and eva.

Their mother died and the three young lads were sent to an orphanage in the area but i dont know where so if anyone has any ideas the would be most welcome
Last edited by surpriseitsme on Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Delilahcat
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Delilahcat »

Just done a look up on the 1901 census. William Moffett age 4 was living with his father William age 36, mother Anna age 32, brother Joseph age 2 and sister Elizabeth aged 6 months at North King St , North Shields. Father's occupation looks like marine... the writings not very clear. Hope this is of some help to you.
surpriseitsme
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by surpriseitsme »

Hi to update this post this is what i have so far! The 'boys' were living near to a pub called the palatine in a two room flat on a concrete plateau nad was only accesible by steps from heugh street until their mother died and then they moved to a cul de sac called ladies walk where ganny moffett lived in a flat above his aunt maggie and unlce alex and their four children arthur albert una and peggy this was in front of the warnes ice cream factory ganny moffet had lost 2 sons and husband in the great war. On 9th nov 1933 his father william gray moffett died from tb and they were sent to live with the telfords in new washington until nov 1934 when they were sent to the royal albert orphange near bagshot.

does any of this sound familiar to anyone any thoughts or stories very much appreciated

thank you

victoria
surpriseitsme
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Re: help please info needed william moffett mary ann spoors telf

Post by surpriseitsme »

bumping :D
surpriseitsme
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Re: help please info needed william moffett mary ann spoors

Post by surpriseitsme »

just doing my two yearly bumping :oops:
surpriseitsme
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Re:

Post by surpriseitsme »

Delilahcat wrote:Just done a look up on the 1901 census. William Moffett age 4 was living with his father William age 36, mother Anna age 32, brother Joseph age 2 and sister Elizabeth aged 6 months at North King St , North Shields. Father's occupation looks like marine... the writings not very clear. Hope this is of some help to you.
thansk for the look up but this is the wrong family :o)