History Of South Shields in Photos

Local History for Tyne & Wear
Mr Smith
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

History Of South Shields in Photos

Post by Mr Smith »

I'm a member of a group on Facebook which is basically people searching for historical information about
South Shields. I have about 1500 old photos posted on it and the number of questions asked on them is
unbelievable. I have a couple of books on South Shields but nothing good enough to cope with the sort
of questions being asked. What I'm looking for is some old books and maps relating to the History of
South Shields and I'm quite happy to pay for them. I've got the 1895 maps of South Shields, The Mouth of
the Tyne and Harton, but any others would be a great help to me and the group.
Wise man talk because they have something to say,
fools talk because they have to say something.
passtheball
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: History Of South Shields in Photos

Post by passtheball »

Can you please tell me the name of the group on facebook ? I would like very much to see the 1500 piece collection, in return I can help you with copies of old maps of Shields, and maybe also be able to help with answers to some of the questions you have been asked.
Mr Smith
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Mr Smith »

passtheball wrote:Can you please tell me the name of the group on facebook ? I would like very much to see the 1500 piece collection, in return I can help you with copies of old maps of Shields, and maybe also be able to help with answers to some of the questions you have been asked.
The group is called "SOUTH SHIELDS RESEARCH THROUGH IMAGING". We have quite a collection of maps
already in the group but there are lots we don't have yet. The group is not a social forum, it is purely
for people doing research on Shields or family research.
Wise man talk because they have something to say,
fools talk because they have to say something.
martymont
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by martymont »

Mr Smith there is a reference book in the library about North East Shipbuilding in vol.1 they have a map of the Tyne in 1750 included is South Shields quality is ok, there is also plans of what became Brighams around 1850 it also includes a couple of streets, the volumes are quite large.
mazza
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by mazza »

Theres another facebook page called south shields old photos