2nd hand Bookshop Near Market Place

Local History for Tyne & Wear
captain beefheart
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

2nd hand Bookshop Near Market Place

Post by captain beefheart »

Anyone know the name of the 2n hand bookshop in the row of shops where the scarlet coat restaurant was
Delilahcat
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: 2nd hand Bookshop Near Market Place

Post by Delilahcat »

Have you been part of the Facebook discussion Captain ?
passtheball
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by passtheball »

The shop proprietor was a most likeable and knowledgeable gentleman called Oley, who had this quality book second hand shop in the middle of what was Station Terrace, that was formerly the premises of Phillips Musical Enterprises, if memory on both counts serves me correct. He met a most tragic and untimely death as I also seem to recall being gored by a bull whilst crossing a field when out walking, perhaps some 15 years ago. Maybe others can confirm these statements ?
captain beefheart
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by captain beefheart »

Great to get the info, my sister who is over from Australia was wanting to know his name so we also asked the question on facebook, my sister remembers that he met an untimely end but couldn't remember the details, all is now clear.
passtheball
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by passtheball »

My pleasure to help you and your sister with these few details. I think his first name may have been Richard, but I am not sure. I remember doing some business with him, and recall him well, he was a thoroughly nice chap. Perhaps another reader will be able to hopefully provide a few more details about the shop and when it was in business etc.