Pre WW11 South Shields FC memorabilia.

Local History for Tyne & Wear
passtheball
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Pre WW11 South Shields FC memorabilia.

Post by passtheball »

To help research, assistance with any pre WW11 South Shields AFC team photographs, and of grounds, and also knowledge of the whereabouts of any match programmes, plus cuttings of all kinds, souvenirs of all types and general memorabilia is requested for the loan under agreed conditions for strictly photographic copying purposes, would all be greatly welcomed and most sincerely appreciated. Such items are now most difficult to locate, and match programmes in particular can be most expensive to purchase, copies of this itemised material I seek wherever most hopefully available, and as mentioned only for research purposes.
andysfootball

Re: Pre WW11 South Shields FC memorabilia.

Post by andysfootball »

all my stuff is from the 60's

not sure if the green final was produced pre ww2

if so the gazette may have things in their archives

or even other clubs who shields used to play against

ps

when is the shields message baord opening back up?
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON
passtheball
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by passtheball »

Andy, the Shields Football Gazette microfilm photograph copies are too poor to reproduce most unfortunately, and the Shields 'Gazette' photograph archives was bombed in WW11 and just about everything was lost so I understand, so the pre war stuff is just about non existent. I also understand that the 1920's Sports Gazette copies were never kept in archives, if my info is correct. The SSFC forum will I understand probably not be back on line, and the club website is currently being revamped and could be available soon. Have you any team photographs please, and an aerial view of Simonside Hall ground 1972 photographic print ? if so please name the seasons I have some years missing, help would be very welcome and greatly appreciated.
andysfootball

Post by andysfootball »

I'm travelling at the moment but once home will have a look at exactly what i have
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON
passtheball
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by passtheball »

Thanks Andy, look forward to your next message with much interest.