Jordan Family Marsden Street

Local History for Tyne & Wear
Tet
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Jordan Family Marsden Street

Post by Tet »

I have recently started looking at my family history and so far have found out that my grandfather's family lived in Marsden Street in the 20's and 30's. I am looking for any links left in the area as my grandfather did move south "under a cloud" in the early 30's, having run away with another married woman to come south and form this side of the Jordans. But records show that he was from a large Jordan family, being one of nine children. The eldest Thomas went to Canada but came back again to Marsden street in the 1930's after my grandfather came South. My grandfather was married to Hannah Robson ( married 1919) but left her to live with my grandmother, here in the South. Very little information was ever given to my father who only discovered his illegitamacy at his mother's funeral. My grandfather died in 1956 and I was only a few months old and therefore unknown to me. My grandmother never spoke of her past life. If anyone can fill in any gaps or tell me more about the area at that time I would like to hear about it. I am discovering my "Geordie" roots. Hope someone or some Jordans know of the history. Thanks