Family History

Local History for Tyne & Wear
megb73
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Family History

Post by megb73 »

Hi
I wonder if anyone can help me.My Mum and her brothers and sisters were born at 23 Orange Street South Shields in the 1900's.Some of the children died and I imagine are buried in S/Shields and I would like to find out where.Is there any way I can do this.They were a catholic Family Gran was an Emily Todd born in Lanchester in 1880 Grandfather was James McEnaney born in 1875/6 :D and although his elder brothers and sisters were born in Witton Park he was born in the USA but appears back in Collierly census living at his elder brothers house in 1901.Hopefully someone can help.
Regards
Meg B
Mr Smith
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: Family History

Post by Mr Smith »

Have a look here for burial records.

https://portal.southtyneside.info/eserv ... ctionId=64

For Births, marriages and deaths look here

http://www.southtyneside.info/applicati ... fault.aspx
Wise man talk because they have something to say,
fools talk because they have to say something.
kenbaker
Big Gob
Big Gob

Post by kenbaker »

I think Emley is the sister of John William Todd 1879 who is the father of my uncle Eddy who lived and worked in South Shields as a butcher.

Ken
megb73
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by megb73 »

Hi Ken I am sure you are right.My Gran Emily had 3 brothers Matthew died age 7years his Mother also died that year but I haven't been able to find Richard or William John.I do know when the Father Matthew died 1888 Emily and Richard went into the Lanchester workhouse.Do you have any further news?Anyway it was good to hear from you.
Regards
Meg
Emelia61
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Emelia61 »

Hi, i was wondering if anyone could tell me more about where orange street was situated please, my nana alice duffie was born 37 orange street, her sisters mary and isabella, and her mother Emily and father james duffie and his father john duffie, all lived at this address.
Delilahcat
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Delilahcat »

Orange St ran parallel to Laygate Lane roughly where the Laygate flats are now. It ended at Dixon St a little bit of which still exists opposite Trinity House. My great grandfather lived there at one time.