Most known person around South Shields?

Local History for Tyne & Wear
Aidan15
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Most known person around South Shields?

Post by Aidan15 »

Can somebody please tell me about a man called Keith Bell?

Also, on a sidenote how long are moderator approvals for posting on for?
jimmywizz
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: Most known person around South Shields?

Post by jimmywizz »

your posts will be live from now on, why do you ask about this person ?
martymont
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by martymont »

Aidan15 Thought the most known person around Shields was Big Hec as he appears a lot on these boards.
Aidan15
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Aidan15 »

I was just really interested in South Shields history and was just browsing around the forums and I think it was on a Sunderland message board that he was known as the gangster of S.Shields but I asked my dad and he doesn't remember him and I'm guessing some of you are older folk that might know a bit about him that is all, it says on the forum he burnt down some stables or something.

Here it is ; http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread ... 210&page=3

Thanks for taking of approval I just looked on FAQ's and didn't see any time limit... is they a time for new members?
Last edited by Aidan15 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jarrow Pete
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jarrow Pete »

Keith Bell who I have known since I was 14 is the biggest heap of s**t to walk the streets of South Shields.He fancied himself as a hardman even in his youth and when he got older he had to surround himself with young thugs to protect himself from the many who wished to give him a deserved good hiding. I remember him turning up at my in laws one New Years Eve and when I asked what drink he wanted he said orange juice, he reckoned he had to stay sober and have a clear head because of the number of enemies he had. He was eventually kicked out of the town and moved down south under a different name, he always said he was going to write a book about his exploits as the self styled hardman of Shields but the publishers said they did not print fairy tales.
jimmywizz
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jimmywizz »

Aidan15 wrote:I was just really interested in South Shields history and was just browsing around the forums and I think it was on a Sunderland message board that he was known as the gangster of S.Shields but I asked my dad and he doesn't remember him and I'm guessing some of you are older folk that might no a bit about him that is all, it says on the forum he burnt down some stables or something.

Here it is ; http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread ... 210&page=3

Thanks for taking of approval I just looked on FAQ's and didn't see any time limit... is they a time for new members?
nope you just have to make 5 posts then they go live after that