Redhead Terrace

Local History for Tyne & Wear
brian c
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Redhead Terrace

Post by brian c »

On another web site somebody was looking for a Redhead Terrace, does anybody know of such a street in SS as it doesn't seem to be on any current maps.

STUPID YOU ARE.................

BREED YOU SHOULD NOT!
baldy.smith

Readhead Terrace

Post by baldy.smith »

Readhead Terrace is not on the old maps either. There was a Readhead Street which was opposite the town hall near Percy Street but no longer there. That does not mean that there was no Readhead Terrace as it could be one of the Terraces on Ocean Road or Dean Road and one or two other main roads as these often had each block with diferent names that are not listed on the maps. Someone will probably come up with it soon.
Alice
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Alice »

There is a Readhead road that is not far from the college in S.S
curly
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by curly »

There is a Redhead Terrace that runs from Horsley Hill Road down to Mowbray Road parallel with Westoe Terrace and St. Michael's Terrace. It has a top notch fish and chip shop in it!
jimmywizz
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jimmywizz »

spot on chippy that one curly, never been for a year or so but the last time i went their fish & chips were first class
baldy.smith

Readhead Terrace

Post by baldy.smith »

There is a Readhead Avenue runs from Horsley Hill Road to Mowbray Road at least that is how it is named in the A-Z so is it a misprint or has Curly made a mistake? would be interested to know or perhaps the person who made the initial inquiry got it wrong?
curly
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by curly »

Sorry Baldy, it is Readhead Avenue (I don't Know of any Redhead Terrace)
baldy.smith

Redhead Terrace

Post by baldy.smith »

Curly, you are only allowed to say sorry when you make more mistakes than me :lol: you still have a long way to go before that happens. I have never heard of Readhead Terrace either; but hey we tried eh!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
baldy.smith

Redhead Terrace

Post by baldy.smith »

The Redhead Terrace the person was looking for from the 1881 census is listed as being in the Hedworth, Monkton-Jarrow district. Out of the areas my maps cover I'm afraid.