boldon lane

Local History for Tyne & Wear
moltke
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Re: boldon lane

Post by moltke »

The wallpaper shop was Walter Metcalfe's and was on the corner of Boldon Lane and Stanley Street. He still has one shop in the town, on Westoe Road, a few yards down from the site of The
Bridges. Mr. M has recently been kicking hell out of the local Council for operating an unfair voucher scheme which sent Council tenants to B&Q for their paint and wallpaper.
geordielass
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by geordielass »

duncans groceries shop was on bolden lane and presto took over and opened it as a self service shop i believe it was first s,market in s,shields it was on first block just up from wrights biscuits. i was working for duncans at the time it must have been 62/63
Bladerunner
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by Bladerunner »

Remember STARS record shop very well, early 80's. Always had stuff you couldnt get anywhere else.
geordielass
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by geordielass »

there was a good record shop on warpole st just off fredrick st and also lower down on south fredrick street
Delilahcat
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Delilahcat »

The Handy Shop.
By the way there is a very good DVD out called Tyne Dock Borders. It features the man who had STARS record shop and many other scenes of Tyne Dock life...the youth club,St Marys church etc. The library has copies on sale.
geordielass
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by geordielass »

i got a very good cd from ebay william clavery a man and his camera a 100 images of laygate in 50s &60s well worth watching