malaymac
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: sometimes Sheels, sometimes Singapore, or maybe Malaysia

Re: Who filled you with fear at school

Post by malaymac »

anna wrote:these boards are full of bad lads ..... :shock:
. :lol:
Thankfully, it looks like, they grew up into being good guys, =D> well most of them anyway. :? :lol: :)
Bandana Dave
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Bandana Dave »

Cream of the crop Anna, you can't get away from ya past no matter how hard ya try, and who want's to ?, all i can say is we were young lads trying to earn wa spurs, we might have done some daft things but it was only us trying to get the better of the other gangs from other estates, thats what growing up was about then, were talking to each other now as adults and having a good laugh about them days, but i'd like to think that were all respectfull people now, it's sad when ya hear about the ones who fell by the wayside but life goes on, but it's good ta have the crack about the old days init ! a little story i'v just remembered !

"When i worked at the "Chi" drop in centre ******* used to come in, and i knew him well, he thought i was one of the lads instead of staff, anyway, he came running in one day and stuck a carrier bag in my hand and said" Here Davey, Hide that for me will ya" as ya know he had a bad d*ug habbit at the time, and in this bag was a sh*t load of d*ugs and a Gun !!, he had just robbed the chemist down Ocean Rd at gunpoint !!, i had to explain to him that i worked at the centre and no d*ugs were allowed on the premises, and i told him if he didn't get rid of the stuff i would have to report him, which was hard because i had known him for years, at that time there wasn't that many Heroin addicts about and it was sad because he was a nice guy, anyway he took the stuff back and went off somewhere else, that was the last time i saw him, must have been early 80s ithink, Sad eh"

Skin Brown married my cousin Denny, i think our kid is working with him now in Wales

years ago i used to hang around with a load of lads from down town, Deka Kennedy, Jacky and Kenny pearce,( their old man Herbie was a tough nut, he could keep them in check) Billy Cummings, we all went to the "Scrubs" together, The Scrubs was, Atendence Centre which used to be in the old Y.M.C.A building in Fowler Street, we were sent by the courts and had to go there for two hours every other saturday and it was run by local coppers who tried to get us back on the straight and narrow, they were very strict and used to batter us if we got out of line, a few other names from there were Rayan Bullah, Eddie Talor, Dan Dan, a couple of the Fontains, all well know around Shields at the time, we used to go shoplifting down King Street when we came out :lol: so it didn't do that much good, after yhat failed the courts got tough and started to send us to Detention Centres for the "Short Sharp Shock" that didn't do much good either cos i bumped into a few of them in other "Establishments" over the years, untill i saw the light, but they were all good lads when ya knew them, Im waffling now :lol: so i'll say good night, stupid O-Clock again, who'd be a Muso eh !!
"Shy Kids Get no Sweets"
Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Globalmyths »

I lost my virginity Barney at the age of 25 when I got married on the 6/6/64
I married a Greek girl in a Russian church in New Zealand and divorced her in Townsville Australia.
How was a totally inorganic world able to create organic life? Answer it couldn't and didn't
anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna »

Dave ,you should right a book ,,, =D>
i love reading your storys , and the fact ,you forget a lot of names and people as you get older ,and its nice to think ,,yeah i can remeber them ..
Skin and Dennie , i no them well.... :D ..it is a small world , she is a lovley lass, she is not with him now ,as you probley know....we have been mates for a long time ,,she got her head screwed on that one ,she bought another house in Whitleas,done it all up ,and is a nana now aswell :D ....its strange when you see your friends children all grow up ,with kids of there own ..
Dennys mam and dad ,a lovley couple ,,which one was on your side of the family ?
Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot »

Did you ever find it again Global.....its terrible when you lose things :wink:
I voted leave

Bandana Dave
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Bandana Dave »

Hiya Anna, Well Dennys Dad Ted, is my mams brother and her mam Celia was brilliant for looking after my mam before she died, glad she's doing well for herself, say hi from me when ya see her will ya, i havn't seen them for years, I started writing a book about my exploits a few years back, mainly because i had been doing my family history, and i thought it would be nice to leave something behind for the next lot, i've got a son called Brian, who i havn't seen since he was about 8 or so, (His Mother was the Wicked Witch of the West) he's 27 in August, but thats life eh, Oh i'll keep blathering on about the "Old Days" in Shields until someone tells me to put a sock in it :lol:
"Shy Kids Get no Sweets"
anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna »

i will pass your message on to Denny next time i see her ....
and you just keep doing what your doing on here ,coz thats what the old codgers room is all about...
not that im calling you an old codger mind .. :D
all ages come in here ..
Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Globalmyths »

No Pilot I accepted my loss with great dignity.
How was a totally inorganic world able to create organic life? Answer it couldn't and didn't
malaymac
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Location: sometimes Sheels, sometimes Singapore, or maybe Malaysia

Post by malaymac »

Globalmyths wrote:No Pilot I accepted my loss with great dignity.
and a smile on your face ??? :D
windmillbill
Big Gob
Big Gob

Post by windmillbill »

Back to fenellas comment about Reuben Ford, yes the Block would take some beating, alongside other lads from the Hill in the 50s/60s, such as Big John Westall (darkie), Peter Newbrook, and many more, not forgetting the girls, among them Louie Moyse and Doreen Wilkinson, proper hard cases if trouble came there way only.
Globalmyths
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Globalmyths »

My fears were anyone who had a tom thumb fire work in their hands and all fireworks that went bang and my biggest fear was thunder and lightning.
highshieldsman
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by highshieldsman »

Barney wrote:Fat Will - aka Billy Egner, Headmaster of the Boys Grammar-Tech, was the only teacher there I was really wary off.
Most of the others, like Jimmy "Ginboy" Emerson, Harry "The Rat" Wake, Ken Slater, and Ken "Zoony" Smith, were more of a laugh than fearsome. Some of the older teachers, like Mr Souter, Basher Grey and Mr Thompson were more frightening.

Bill Egner was only scary if he ordered you to get a haircut or be expelled - in the days when we wanted long hair. I got v p*ssed off when he shouted after me in the front corridor 'you boy!' near the end of the summer term. I ran all round the school and ended up back on the front corridor, hiding under the reception desk. The bug*er found me and sent me for a haircut, which meant I started the summer hols with short hair! Drat.

Jock Thompson was only scary because he was a total sadistic pervert and got away with it. He'd end up in jail nowadays, under Rule 42.

I hope he's rotting in Hell.