ST VINCENT ST GHOST

Local History for Tyne & Wear
maverick
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

ST VINCENT ST GHOST

Post by maverick »

There is supposed to be a house in St Vincent Street that is extremely haunted. 'Is there anybody out there' that can give me a little bit more information to add to what little I already know.
Maverick.
eddieg
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: ST VINCENT ST GHOST

Post by eddieg »

Don't know about st vincent street ,but heard of one in fawcett way.Where and old man walks along the passage through closed doors.and appeared sitting on the next door neighbours bed.
jimmywizz
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jimmywizz »

there was a post a few years ago about this on here, not sure where it is now though
maverick
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by maverick »

I have looked all over for any information but cannot find it. I do know the number of the house but wont print it as the people that live there might not want it known.
Maverick
sless
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sless »

i have lived in st vincent street for donkeys years at number 94 with me mother and number 10 when i left home
no mention of any ghost
cushy butterfield
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by cushy butterfield »

I lived on St Vincent St for years too. First at 155 then over the road at 142 (I think) never heard tell of a haunted house though. But will keep looking at this thread to read the updates.
life is not how many breathes you take its how much life takes your breath away
comeonthen
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by comeonthen »

I know about this supposedly ghost. The owner of the house at the time told me. Did I believe it, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't make my mind up.
comeonthen
sless
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sless »

tell us the number
or send it to me my private message if you dont want to let everyone know
cheers
cushy butterfield
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by cushy butterfield »

Well come on someone tell me the story about the ghost, who its supposed to be, etc
life is not how many breathes you take its how much life takes your breath away
comeonthen
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by comeonthen »

the owner of the house told me that there was a ghost that used to run up and down the stairs, throw open doors and stand at the foot of the bed. She also said that a young woman had committed suicide in the bathroom. I visited this house and never saw anything but believe me it was the scariest place I have ever been in. I used to get the creepiest feelings whenever I was inside. It was if someone was always standing behind me just about to touch me on the back.
comeonthen
Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot »

Check out the house next door to the Beacon pub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!on Greens Place....make ya hair curl
I voted leave

El Gringo
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet

Post by El Gringo »

I don't know about a ghost on St Vincent Street but there is one on Tadema Road which is at the bottom of St Vincent Street (towards the beach). My friend used to live there and they used to see a shadow moving along the living room wall and their neigbour on the other side of the wall would see it too. It is seen all along the street apparently and moves along the houses.
comeonthen
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by comeonthen »

Pilot I used to live near Green's Place. whats going on with next door to the Beacon? I know the pub has plenty spirits but I am not a drinking person.
People post on here about a subject yet never enlarge on it. El-Gringo is another. Ghost in Tadema Road? I want more information. So come on Pilot and El-Gringo, frighten me.
comeonthen
Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot »

OK my maternal grandmother was a spiritualist priestess and at one time she owned her own spiritualist church in shields, she died when I was one year old, but my mother used to tell me tales of when they lived in the house next to the Beacon in Greens Place. My grandmother had a spirit guide who was a native American and he used to appear to her in this house always the same place in the same room, the back corner of the living room, my mother never saw him but always said that corner was a cold spot in the house and her hair would stand on end if she stood there...........her two other sisters and three brothers used to avoid it. Nothing spooky yet!!!!!!! years later I was working on the river and this old guy worked on the Pilot cutter with me, one night he started to talk about his house, I didn't know where he lived at the time, his dog used to stand and growl at the same spot for about half an hour each evening and the room would go cold, he then told me one day he saw an old woman standing staring into the corner of his living room, the dog was going crazy. A few days late I found out he lived in the house next to the Beacon pub!!!!!! This was about 16 years after my grandmother died. I never went into that house!!!!!!! I also never told the old bloke the tale.
I voted leave

comeonthen
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by comeonthen »

great story pilot. I used to go to a lot of spiritualist places in the old days. the spookiest one was in Winchester Street, where I was told that I could channel spirits if I tried. I have been told the same since but have been too scared to realy try it. Has your grandmother passed on anything to you. I believe my grandmother did for me as she could see spirits.
comeonthen
anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna »

this stuff realy intrests me ,,but scares me at the same time ,,ive always wanted to go to a spirt meeting ..
baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith »

anna wrote:this stuff realy intrests me ,,but scares me at the same time ,,ive always wanted to go to a spirt meeting ..

Get in touch with jimmywizz, he's mad keen on spirits as well. :lol:

8)
anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna »

:lol: yeah ..i mean the spirts that give you the willies ,,not the spirts that give you the sh*ts ... :P
sless
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sless »

hi anna
im casper
:P
baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith »

sless wrote:hi anna