anna wrote:your bi-focals might come in handy , to see it Mr Smith ... :lol:
Don't use bi-focals, I use vari-focals. :wink:

8)
anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: ST VINCENT ST GHOST

Post by anna »

well whats that big thing in your eye ..?
thats what i ment .. :D
anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna »

thats a better aviator .... :wink:
baldy.smith

Post by baldy.smith »

anna wrote:well whats that big thing in your eye ..?
thats what i ment .. :D

It's a magnifying glass. :roll:

Another blonde moment?

I've got one of those as well. :wink:

8)
anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna »

your needed in curlys shop ..we have a suspicous male walking around ...can you smell anything ..? :wink:
eddieg
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by eddieg »

Seeing as how Christmas is a time for ghost stories.Here's one me Gran used to tell me When she was young her gran had a boarding house in Holborn.Ithink Dockwrays bank near to the Rose and Crown.She used to go and help to keep to keep the place clean and tidy.One night she was cleaning one of the upper rooms when she heard a knocking at the window ,she ignored it at first ,but when it became more persistant she opened the curtain to see what was going on .She a youg girl at window bekoning at her to open the window.Guess what she did? Incidentley she also said that her Gran had a loaded Rifle behind the front door which always brandished when she opened it.This woud have been around early 1900s
anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna »

what happend next ... :shock:
gag
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gag »

Hi Anna.

We have an old building at work that is used as a training centre for new employees. This building is about a quarter of a mile from the main offices, located in a small wood. Years gone by, the building was a farmhouse and the story goes that a young girl had hung herself in the cellar for some reason or other. I have worked on security here for around eight years and the story was related to me during my site training period. I took the story with a pinch of salt as its common practice in the security industry to wind-up any new members of the team but one or two of the existing security staff would not go anywhere near the building.
Part of our duties on site is to check the fire fighting equipment on a weekly basis and the guy that I was training under told me that one of the security guards had gone over to check the building one Saturday afternoon. He had checked the upper and lower floors then made his way down into the cellar. The fire extinguisher that should have been situated at the bottom of the cellar stairs, wasnt anywhere to be found. The guard thought that someone must have moved it for one reason or another so he locked the building up and returned to the gatehouse to get a replacement extinguisher. He then made his way back to the old building and on making his way down the cellar stairs, nearly tripped over a fire extinguisher that had appeared on the stairs ! You have to remember that on leaving the building to collect a new extinguisher, he had both locked and alarmed the building so no-one could have been in there during the time he was away from it. Needless to say, he refused point blank to ever go near the place again and we took it in turns to check the building whilst he was checking other areas of the site. I, myself, have been in that building numerous times and havent seen anything un-toward.
About two years ago, a couple of cleaning ladies were working in the building and on trying to leave by the main front door, found that the inner door could not be opened no matter how hard they pulled at it. One of the cleaners telephoned the gatehouse and stated that someone had locked them in the building and could we attend and let them out ? I went over to the building and on letting myself in the front door, I tried the inner door and it opened freely ! To top it all, there was NO lock fitted to that door but the cleaners were adamant that the door was "locked" ! subsequently, those two cleaners also refused to go back into the building.
The story goes that this girl, who had ended her own life by hanging herself, didnt mind men going into the building BUT hated females being anywhere near it ! Apparently she enjoyed a joke with males that were in the building, (fire extinguisher episode ?), but got rather more serious with intruding females !

Cheers.

gag. :shock:
You can take the lad out of Shields, but you cannot take Shields out of the lad !!!!!!!!!!!
anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna »

Now ,with me it with be the other way round ,,i would be ok with the females,it be the males i would terrife :twisted:
Spooky story Gag,im sure you have mentioned it before ,about big burly male security guards,being scared of going into a haunted building..
So are you not fazed by anything like that Gag ..im impressed,coz i would honestly pee my niks if i ever experienced anything like that .. :shock: I would have been traumatized by the time you had come to open the door to lets us out ,,them poor lasses .i jump at my own shadow .
Crime Watch gives me nightmares, :shock: ,ive seen me go and put every light on in the house ,put my telly on loud so i carnt hear any little noises outside .. :D
anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna »

This was suppose to have happend not so long ago ... :shock:
SOUTH SHIELDS POLTERGEIST
Tyne and Wear, England
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The South Shields Poltergeist - Paranormal Investigation
In June the haunting came to the attention of Hallowell and Ritson, two paranormal investigators who staged an investigation over a period of several months. The investigators were present during many of the disturbances, and photographed and filmed many of them. One particularly convincing incident was a plastic water bottle which one of them saw and photographed balancing diagonally on the table, not a natural position.

Repressed emotion in living individuals is quite often thought to be responsible in poltergeist cases, but the investigators soon rejected this. They had a strong sense of an independent entity with a malevolent nature. In fact it soon became obvious that the poltergeist was trying to frighten the couple. On one occasion they found their child's rocking horse hanging by one its reins from the loft hatch in the ceiling. In another particular sinister incident, a large toy bunny was found in a chair placed at the top of the stairs, holding a box cutter blade in one of its paws.

The poltergeist also took to writing threatening messages on a white board in the child's bedroom, and in the later stages sent text messages to Marianne's mobile phone, such as 'I m going to get you b***h' and 'You're Dead'. The phone was given to experts to trace the texts, the texts could not be traced back to another phone or a computer.

As the months went by the phenomena intensified. Big red scratches appeared suddenly on Marc's torso and vanished equally mysteriously, in front of several witnesses. The investigators watched cupboard doors swinging open, light-shades swinging, the quilt on the bed moving. The couple were seriously frightened when the child himself was moved. On the first occasion they found him lying on the floor tightly wrapped in his bed quilt, with a plastic table on top of him. The child himself seemed to be asleep, but his eyes were wide open, as if he was in a trance. Another time the child appeared to have vanished altogether, and was eventually found in a closet, tightly cocooned in a blanket.

In fact no real harm seems to have ever been done, but the couple were terrified, and have since moved out of the area. The authors speculate the poltergeist was trying to create fear in order to generate emotion that it could feed from. They compare the case with the Amherst Incident of 1878 in Nova Scotia, where death threats to the occupants were found scratched on the walls.

The investigators quickly eliminated any possibility of Marianne staging a hoax she was obviously frightened, and in any case was not involved in phenomena they themselves witnessed. They were at first less sure about Marc, largely because he didn't seem to react very much to the incidents, and was the type who might have enjoyed playing pranks. But they were certain he could not have been responsible for incidents they witnessed themselves, and by the end of the investigation had totally abandoned any idea of fraud.

Hallowell an Ritson the investigators have released a book based on their account of the haunting
comeonthen
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by comeonthen »

I was drinking in one of the pubs down town. This was in my drinking days when I could drink a lot. I do not drink at all now, as I cannot handle the hangovers anymore. It is a lot cheaper for me to go out now. Not that I go out much as I stay in a lot. It does not bother me as I like staying in and the nice clean men in nice white coats have told me that I can stay in for as long as I want as ……………………………
Where was I, oh yes my story. Where I was drinking there was a conversation going on about ghosts. One lad mentioned a ghost in his house of an old woman and he described her in a very detailed way that grabbed my attention. I told him that it reminded me of my grandmother and told him where she used to live. We were both astounded that the address was the same. So my grandmother is still haunting the house after all these years. She used to scare the hell out of me whenever I stayed in that house. I am pleased she is haunting someone else now. The house is on the Horsley Hill Estate. Let me know if anybody has heard of it.
comeonthen
brian c
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by brian c »

The TV programme "Most Haunted" did a visit to Souter Point lighthose but I don't think they actually saw anything

STUPID YOU ARE.................

BREED YOU SHOULD NOT!