Ten Pin Bowling

Looking for a place to go with the kids/family or a night out with your mates, discuss trips or venues here
rainbow
Head Doer
Head Doer

Ten Pin Bowling

Post by rainbow » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:51 pm

:) Ten Pin Bowling...who can remember going to the Jarrow Bowling Alley....memories aahh!! never been as fit as when we used to go regular... :) Someone told me we have Ten Pin Bowling in Shields? directions please... :) And fingers crossed has anyone got photos of the Jarrow venue.

comeonthen
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: Ten Pin Bowling

Post by comeonthen » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:42 pm

Did Jarrow have a bowling alley? I bet they pinched the pins to use a clubs to get themselves a woman.
comeonthen

Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:46 pm

I can remember going to the jarrow ten pin bowling till they opened the Dogsbowl in shields......the new one in shields is near the fair ground I think.
I voted leave

rainbow
Head Doer
Head Doer

Post by rainbow » Sat May 02, 2009 1:00 pm

cheers for the posts...still wondering if anyone has photos...Best laugh was going around the Supermarket with my sister...I was driving her crazy saying...now this is the coffee bar place..and over there was the bowling lanes..lol...when she said I would end up in the freezers with the chops...lol..i shut up...Now Morrisons is on site...aahh!!

Jarrow Pete
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Jarrow Pete » Sat May 02, 2009 7:08 pm

Can remember the Jarrow bowling alley, Presto took it over as a supermarket. Above it was a night club, Club Franchi I think.

Return to “Places to Go”