image posting tips

show the world your local photos / send a free e card
jimmywizz

image posting tips

Post by jimmywizz » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:27 pm

hi when you post an image to the gallery a little tip is to resize your image to about 1000 pixels in length (for a landscape photo) and when you save it make sure you reduce the imaze quality to about 70% or 7 on photoshop and make sure it is set to 72dpi this will help to keep you file size down and your photo will load faster and the image quality should still look ok, if you try to load bigger images than this it will slow down your load up speed or it could even refuse to load

rainbow
Head Doer
Head Doer

Image posting tips

Post by rainbow » Thu May 25, 2006 9:09 pm

Hi, this is my first post on site........I read your handy hints :roll: then I read them again :wink: then I thought :idea: ...its time for a coffee..then as I have my chocky biscuit with my coffee..I will read it all again :lol:
By now you will realise I am a learner to my PC..but never fear as one day :) I will post some holiday pics..if thats the norm.. 8)
:D Rainbow

jimmywizz

Post by jimmywizz » Fri May 26, 2006 10:49 am

post away rainbow

anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:34 pm

Hi Rainbow.. i am also not very clued up on my P.C ,i have learnt how to put photos up in gallery,and put my aviator on,,but just carnt get the hang of putting a pic up in a post,, maybe one day,i will.. Good Luck.. :D

anna
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by anna » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:36 pm

and ive just looked at the date of your post,, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . even bottle blondes are a little slow... :lol: :lol: :lol:

rainbow
Head Doer
Head Doer

Re: image posting tips

Post by rainbow » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:40 pm

Hi Anna, well it took a good while but I did manage to get some of my fav photos posted on site .....aahhh!! how can you tell I am still a learner at all this techno stuff.....lol.... :) Rainbow :) :)

rainbow
Head Doer
Head Doer

Re: image posting tips

Post by rainbow » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:28 am

Well its been a good few years since I asked Jimmy for advice on posting photos. I have just posted a few more in the Members Gallery, and I hope others who view my efforts in photography (lol..I am still a learner) enjoy the pics. :) Rainbow

Return to “South Shields Photo Gallery / E postcards”