brexit

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

Rosie
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: brexit

Post by Rosie » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:13 pm

I've come to the conclusion that if you don't get out now you will never have the chance again. I remember when the UK joined the Common Market and at the time I thought this quite a good idea but what it has grown into is not, in my opinion, what I expected it to grow into. I won't be around in 20 or 50 years time but I expect the idea is that by then there will be no British Parliament nor any parliament in any EU country. As my late husband would say they have you by the short and curlies.
Life doesn't have an undo button

Beachbum
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Beachbum » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:37 am

Nobody can say if Brexit is a good or bad thing.

What I can say is that it was voted in by a majority of the people who actually cared enough to vote.

All the weasel words of the losing remainers do not alter this fact.

If the referendum is overturned by the minority, you no longer have a democracy.

This bothers me much more than anything.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:36 am

Correct, beachbum.
No point having a referendum if the powers that be don't like the result so can just call another one till they do get the result they want.

The majority voted to leave, so leave.

Doesn't matter if it was a close vote. Lots of political parties get into power with a close vote.

Big changes are always a bit nerve wracking in anticipation but you just have to work through that.

Personally, I think leaving is probably going to be more of a good thing than a bad thing for Britain but you'll never know if you don't give it a go.

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:02 pm

well done boris

don't let parliament discuss anymore

the people have spoken
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:11 pm

I suppose there is an inevitabilty that we will soon have a General Election. It may turn out that it will not change the voting numbers on Brexit very much, but it hopefully will clear some of the dead-wood out of the House. Too many tired old faces with tired old arguments... Lord Young, a Government Minister in the Lords resigned today - for God's sake his is not far off 80 years old! I'll be 75 soon myself, but there comes a time in life when one needs to go and let someone else have a go. A clear out is long overdue.

champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by champion. » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:01 pm

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:21 pm

That picture about sums it up Champion. I watched the Parliament Channel yesterday from 12 noon until Parliament was prorogued in the early hours. The 'Remainers' have made the Country ungovernable. They won't even let Boris call an election without trying to impose conditions that ensures they win with BREXIT.

My own hope is that when we do finally have an Election, there will be a thorough clean out of the tired old dross that is clogging the place up now. I see that Harriet Harman, so called 'Mother of the House' has said that she put herself forward as a candidate to replace the present Speaker Mr Bercow... Yea Gods, why can't they just go away and give others a chance. She's an MP as is her husband, her late and unloved Uncle Lord Longford was a plague in the system for years... It may be that Guy Fawkes had the only real plan that could have got some of them out of there. :lol:

Return to “The Corner Shop”