Some pics of China.....

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 4140
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:55 pm

Re: Some pics of China.....

Post by ralph » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:35 am

andysfootball wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:46 pm
slow down on the port, red wine and prawns ralph
If only Andy... :-) I used to love Port and enjoy a social drink generally, but I have found that in recent years, alcohol of any kind has a very diminished appeal. I do like prawns, but as most of those available I supermarkets these days are nearly always 'farmed' and from warm waters, they are losing their appeal too. :(

User avatar
max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 3335
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:39 am
Location: Cebu City, Phillippines

Re: Some pics of China.....

Post by max Headroom » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:25 am

Planning to go to hong kong in about 2 months, need a break, will look into visa for china.
By attending a presentation or briefing, or accepting, accessing or reviewing this document you acknowledge, accept and agree to the matters set out above.

User avatar
danet
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5729
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:32 pm
Location: Stuck at Shanghai Airport!

Re: Some pics of China.....

Post by danet » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:13 am

I just have to put up these photos, it was magnificent, and how I wish we had it in Australia, between Melbourne to Sydney, and Sydney to Brisbane, how good would that be!! I'm so jealous now.
Our trip on a Mag Lev train in Shanghai, we did 30 kms in 7 minutes. Speed went up to 432 kms per hour!
So we had another Mag Lev train pass us, meaning mathematically, it was 860kms we passed each other?
It was like "Whoosh".

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 3335
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:39 am
Location: Cebu City, Phillippines

Re: Some pics of China.....

Post by max Headroom » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:17 am

430 klm nice and quick half the speed of a jet liner, you know if both crashed head on the total speed of the crash would be 430 that is if both weighed the same.
By attending a presentation or briefing, or accepting, accessing or reviewing this document you acknowledge, accept and agree to the matters set out above.

User avatar
max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 3335
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:39 am
Location: Cebu City, Phillippines

Re: Some pics of China.....

Post by max Headroom » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:08 am

ralph wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:35 am
andysfootball wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:46 pm
slow down on the port, red wine and prawns ralph
If only Andy... :-) I used to love Port and enjoy a social drink generally, but I have found that in recent years, alcohol of any kind has a very diminished appeal. I do like prawns, but as most of those available I supermarkets these days are nearly always 'farmed' and from warm waters, they are losing their appeal too. :(

A friend of mine os a ship chandler and I got 10 kgs of green king prawns for $150, delightful when sate'd or rissoles, cheaper than buying steak.
By attending a presentation or briefing, or accepting, accessing or reviewing this document you acknowledge, accept and agree to the matters set out above.

User avatar
J Jackson
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 3188
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:10 pm
Location: 122 years in the future - we are all dead.

Re: Some pics of China.....

Post by J Jackson » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:38 am

danet wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:32 am

Image

Health n Safety would have a field day with the first blokes helmet
Pilot voted leave.

Aud
Geet Quiet
Geet Quiet
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:03 pm

Re: Some pics of China.....

Post by Aud » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:34 am

Danet always took great photos,does she still visit the boards ?
Life is a Beautiful Lie...Death is the Painful Truth! ...

User avatar
andysfootball
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 12099
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:29 pm
Location: HMS Bounty
Contact:

Re: Some pics of China.....

Post by andysfootball » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:00 pm

only when out on parol
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

User avatar
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 25232
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:14 am
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: Some pics of China.....

Post by sherri » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:56 am

Aud wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:34 am
Danet always took great photos,does she still visit the boards ?
Hasn't been on in a while, Aud. She may pop in again some time, I don't know.
She's still into photography though. :D
We all visited China together. I just let her take most of the photos.

User avatar
gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 11959
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:20 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Some pics of China.....

Post by gnads » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:41 pm

sherri wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:56 am
Aud wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:34 am
Danet always took great photos,does she still visit the boards ?
Hasn't been on in a while, Aud. She may pop in again some time, I don't know.
She's still into photography though. :D
We all visited China together. I just let her take most of the photos.

Just like a teacher ...... delegation :P
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

Post Reply

Return to “The Corner Shop”