Dogs in pushchairs

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Dogs in pushchairs

Post by Pilot » Wed May 16, 2018 2:57 pm

I was down town yesterday it was very busy and a glorious summer like day, but i saw something (twice) i've never seen before, two different people pushing dogs in a pram, does this happen everywhere ? What is the world coming to when people take their dog out for a walk in a pushchair, its been suggested the dogs may not be able to walk, if that is the case is a visit to the vet not a better solution ?
I voted leave

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: Dogs in pushchairs

Post by ralph » Wed May 16, 2018 3:09 pm

Pilot wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:57 pm
I was down town yesterday it was very busy and a glorious summer like day, but i saw something (twice) i've never seen before, two different people pushing dogs in a pram, does this happen everywhere ? What is the world coming to when people take their dog out for a walk in a pushchair, its been suggested the dogs may not be able to walk, if that is the case is a visit to the vet not a better solution ?
A few years ago, the Chaplain at St James's Palace had two dogs, one very old. When he took them out for a walk, the old one rode in a specially made little buggy, while its young companion used to trot alongside. Like us, they sometimes need a little extra help in their winter years. :D

Where have you been, I've missed your contributions?
Last edited by ralph on Wed May 16, 2018 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot » Wed May 16, 2018 6:55 pm

oh house full over Easter, bit of a family crisis meaning we had to dash down saaaf for a week, then Jersey to child mind for a week apart from that nothing much lol
I voted leave

champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by champion. » Wed May 16, 2018 9:51 pm

I took this piccie in Hebburn next to a sda the other week when i was passing through.... :lol:

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball » Wed May 16, 2018 9:56 pm

at least hebburn has no dog shyte on the pavement anymore!
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Wed May 16, 2018 10:48 pm

Pilot wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 6:55 pm
oh house full over Easter, bit of a family crisis meaning we had to dash down saaaf for a week, then Jersey to child mind for a week apart from that nothing much lol
Welcome back anyway. :-)

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Wed May 16, 2018 10:49 pm

:
champion. wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:51 pm
I took this piccie in Hebburn next to a sda the other week when i was passing through.... :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Wed May 16, 2018 11:30 pm

andysfootball wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:56 pm
at least hebburn has no dog shyte on the pavement anymore!
No sign of dog shyte there Andy ... but have a go at all the fag ends laying on the pavement.

Bloody littering smokers :x they should cop a 2 hundred quid fine for dumping them on the street.

They are one of the biggest littering problems on the planet.
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Wed May 16, 2018 11:53 pm

I have a friend with 5 dogs. One is the size of a horse & she walks them at 4.30am each morning so she can let them off the leash in the nearby park to have a bit of a run.
But one of the little dogs is old and loves to walk to the park but is too tired on the walk home so she has a baby sling and carries him.
Maybe it is similar with the prams, the dogs walk a little way then get helped?

Most dogs would not want to sit still in a pram so I can only assume the dog isn't 100% well.
No, I have never seen it done here.

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Thu May 17, 2018 9:13 am

sherri wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:53 pm
I have a friend with 5 dogs. One is the size of a horse & she walks them at 4.30am each morning so she can let them off the leash in the nearby park to have a bit of a run.
But one of the little dogs is old and loves to walk to the park but is too tired on the walk home so she has a baby sling and carries him.
Maybe it is similar with the prams, the dogs walk a little way then get helped?

Most dogs would not want to sit still in a pram so I can only assume the dog isn't 100% well.
No, I have never seen it done here.
5 dogs? Really? In most places I know unless you are a breeder you can't have anymore than 2 dogs on the premises in residential neighborhoods.

Is your friend breaking the local council by-laws? Sounds like it.
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Thu May 17, 2018 1:09 pm

No, she has a permit.

Some of the blocks around here are quite big.

jeff
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jeff » Thu May 17, 2018 4:19 pm

This is what the best dressed dogs will be wearing at Windsor on Saturday!
There's nothing wrong with being mediocre........as long as you're good at it!

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Thu May 17, 2018 11:33 pm

I don't know when I have ever been more shocked.
Denim? :lol:

jeff
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by jeff » Fri May 18, 2018 6:31 am

Spotted this one on our journey from Bega down to Melbourne last year. Stopped for a coffee at Cann River and there was this lady with her dressed up pooch. Poor thing, it must have bveen uncomfortable - it was a very hot day!
There's nothing wrong with being mediocre........as long as you're good at it!

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Fri May 18, 2018 7:59 am

That sounds a bit cruel. A coat on a cold day maybe but not on a hot day!!

danet

Post by danet » Fri May 18, 2018 2:24 pm

Must be something wrong with the dogs in pushchairs, as most dogs benefit from a good walk and exercise.
Only time we put our dog, with a comfy pillow, on a wheelburrow, .....our dog was getting onto being 16 yrs of age, and had some creeping paralysis, so we used to push him around in a wheelburrow. He loved it. Perplexed as he didn't know what was going on with his own back legs, poor diddums. In the end, the paralysis went up to his front legs and then it was awful. He was being looked after and fed but it was cruel, I couldn't let him suffer, in fact, I cancelled the vet a couple of times, as I couldn't go through with it, but in the end, it was obvious he had to be put down. (We don't even do that kindness to humans!)
The vet said, it's a shame, as he seems very 'with it' in mind. I miss him, was a wonderful blue healer. Lived a good life on the property.

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Fri May 18, 2018 2:35 pm

danet wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 2:24 pm
Must be something wrong with the dogs in pushchairs, as most dogs benefit from a good walk and exercise.
Only time we put our dog, with a comfy pillow, on a wheelburrow, .....our dog was getting onto being 16 yrs of age, and had some creeping paralysis, so we used to push him around in a wheelburrow. He loved it. Perplexed as he didn't know what was going on with his own back legs, poor diddums. In the end, the paralysis went up to his front legs and then it was awful. He was being looked after and fed but it was cruel, I couldn't let him suffer, in fact, I cancelled the vet a couple of times, as I couldn't go through with it, but in the end, it was obvious he had to be put down. (We don't even do that kindness to humans!)
The vet said, it's a shame, as he seems very 'with it' in mind. I miss him, was a wonderful blue healer. Lived a good life on the property.
Danet, it is no wonder dogs get called man's best friend, their loyalty and love can be 100%. That would be very unusual from another human. :D

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by whip » Sat May 26, 2018 1:49 pm

I once saw a dog in a pushchair.

The mother was telling max to be quiet else she take bone away.

g.nads was rattled as the mother nicked the bone of him whilst he was P.eeing up tree .

:lol:
GB FIRST

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball » Sun May 27, 2018 12:36 pm

danet wrote:
had to do this today with my dog " boss" a lab

everything working correctly but his back legs failed totally never to work again

all in the space of a couple of days

his tail was still wagging this morning but had to be hand fed and given water in a cupped hand

other lab is pining already after a lifetime together
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Sun May 27, 2018 10:43 pm

andysfootball wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 12:36 pm
danet wrote:
had to do this today with my dog " boss" a lab

everything working correctly but his back legs failed totally never to work again

all in the space of a couple of days

his tail was still wagging this morning but had to be hand fed and given water in a cupped hand

other lab is pining already after a lifetime together
Sorry to hear that Andy. You are right, decline in health can happen so very quickly, in humans as well as animals. I have had a sharp reminder of this in recent weeks with two people I know. :(

Return to “The Corner Shop”