Moderator: andysfootball

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: The Royal wedding

Post by gnads » Fri May 25, 2018 9:23 am

whip wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 10:32 am
In my eye young lass's should be out doing what young lass's do best.

That is, shopping , going out to clubs gigs holidays together.

Having girly day's out/in and down pub to have a good old fashioned chin wag.

Not to be regulated by the firm and protocol.
i await for the mist to clear.
Royalty Pfft.
Around your sphere(head) there will always be a permanent mist. :lol:
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by whip » Fri May 25, 2018 10:09 am

gnads wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 9:23 am
whip wrote:

Royalty Pfft.
Untrue lad.

i once saw princess pushy in Kings X railway station.

I lost all respect for the royals from that day on.

Bloody load of snobs and silver spooned knobs i ever did have the misfortune to encounter.

As for the new bride, good luck lass you will need it and more.
GB FIRST

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Fri May 25, 2018 5:05 pm

whip wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 10:09 am
gnads wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 9:23 am
whip wrote:

Royalty Pfft.
Untrue lad.

i once saw princess pushy in Kings X railway station.

I lost all respect for the royals from that day on.

Bloody load of snobs and silver spooned knobs i ever did have the misfortune to encounter.

As for the new bride, good luck lass you will need it and more.
I used to encounter Princess Michael frequently and she never failed to be pleasant. I was with a lady work colleague one day when she stopped for a chat. The two women had a good natter about their sons in the way any two mothers would - nothing snobbish or superior about her, though she always behaved as you would expect of a lady. Most people who try to pull her down, have never met her and base their opinions on what they have read in newspapers seeking a sensation to boost sales. Having Republican views may be a reason for attacking the Institution of Monarchy, but not attacking individual members.

Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot » Fri May 25, 2018 5:59 pm

I'm back....the reason I missed the whole wedding thing....I left for Mallorca the day before the wedding, it was on Spanish TV because I heard some of the staff at the hotel chatting about it but I managed to miss it all, my wife has threatened to download it on catch up but she'll have to watch it on her own. Its just not my cup of tea but good luck to them I quite like Harry from what I have seen of him and I'm sure his wife will shake up the Family, it needs a good shake.
I voted leave

Rosie
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Rosie » Fri May 25, 2018 9:34 pm

whip wrote:

Royalty Pfft.
Classic male chauvinism

"a male who patronizes, disparages, or otherwise denigrates females in the belief that they are inferior to males and thus deserving of less than equal treatment or benefit"
Life doesn't have an undo button

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Sat May 26, 2018 4:56 am

Pilot wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 5:59 pm
I'm back....the reason I missed the whole wedding thing....I left for Mallorca the day before the wedding, it was on Spanish TV because I heard some of the staff at the hotel chatting about it but I managed to miss it all, my wife has threatened to download it on catch up but she'll have to watch it on her own. Its just not my cup of tea but good luck to them I quite like Harry from what I have seen of him and I'm sure his wife will shake up the Family, it needs a good shake.
Pilot, 'the family' is only an outward manifestation of what you really disapprove of and if any of them, from top to bottom, try to do any 'shaking up', they will go the same way as King Edward VIII and Princess Diana.

There has been a lot of talk in The US following the election that unexpectedly brought President Trump to power, of 'The Deep State'. Put another way: that section of society that lurk below the parapet, their names mostly unknown to the public at large, but as Governments come and go, they keep the Country firmly in their grip and make all of the important decisions.

In early Victorian times, 'Society' consisted of about 10,000 people. They married and bred within their own circle, the owned most of the land, occupied all the top positions in Government, the Civil Service, the Military Services, the Church etc and it was they who Ruled the Country, while if anything went wrong, The Monarch proved to be a good lightening-conductor. The Monarch also was a convenient top to a pyramid from which honours showered down on the favoured 10,000, from Non-royal Dukedoms to Knighthoods. Very few of those Honours came from the Monarch, who simply signed the Grants of Nobility that the most powerful people in Society had actually awarded to themselves and their friends.

'Society' has evolved since then and it has become possible, for the new rich to find their way into the club, but it is very much still alive and kicking and that is why good old 'lefties 'like Pa and Ma Kinnock, whose hatred of the House of Lords was well known, now wear their red and ermine robes with pride and in due course, their son (just like in the old days of inherited Titles) will, when he has finished his time as a Labour MP, surely follow them to The Lords. :lol: The royal family are still acting as a lightening-conductor to take the flak from the disgruntled in a population who usually, when given the opportunity, would gladly seize the chance of joining the club they so despise. :D

max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by max Headroom » Sat May 26, 2018 5:44 am

Rosie wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 9:34 pm
whip wrote:

Royalty Pfft.
Classic male chauvinism

"a male who patronizes, disparages, or otherwise denigrates females in the belief that they are inferior to males and thus deserving of less than equal treatment or benefit"
things sure have changed, it was only yesterday they weren't allowed to vote or drive cars.
Arbeit macht frei.

max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by max Headroom » Sat May 26, 2018 6:08 am

ralph wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 4:56 am
Pilot wrote:
Pilot, 'the family' is only an outward manifestation of what you really disapprove of and if any of them, from top to bottom, try to do any 'shaking up', they will go the same way as King Edward VIII and Princess Diana.

There has been a lot of talk in The US following the election that unexpectedly brought President Trump to power, of 'The Deep State'. Put another way: that section of society that lurk below the parapet, their names mostly unknown to the public at large, but as Governments come and go, they keep the Country firmly in their grip and make all of the important decisions.

In early Victorian times, 'Society' consisted of about 10,000 people. They married and bred within their own circle, the owned most of the land, occupied all the top positions in Government, the Civil Service, the Military Services, the Church etc and it was they who Ruled the Country, while if anything went wrong, The Monarch proved to be a good lightening-conductor. The Monarch also was a convenient top to a pyramid from which honours showered down on the favoured 10,000, from Non-royal Dukedoms to Knighthoods. Very few of those Honours came from the Monarch, who simply signed the Grants of Nobility that the most powerful people in Society had actually awarded to themselves and their friends.

'Society' has evolved since then and it has become possible, for the new rich to find their way into the club, but it is very much still alive and kicking and that is why good old 'lefties 'like Pa and Ma Kinnock, whose hatred of the House of Lords was well known, now wear their red and ermine robes with pride and in due course, their son (just like in the old days of inherited Titles) will, when he has finished his time as a Labour MP, surely follow them to The Lords. :lol: The royal family are still acting as a lightening-conductor to take the flak from the disgruntled in a population who usually, when given the opportunity, would gladly seize the chance of joining the club they so despise. :D
Well they are really a waste of space.
Arbeit macht frei.

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Sat May 26, 2018 8:51 am

ralph wrote:
Pilot wrote:

Ralph the Royalty are not a problem in your country ... but before too long they won't have a country to be Royals in .... you've been invaded & taken over from within.

You may not think so but it's the truth ... you have a foreign culture growing within your cities, local councils/politics, national politics & your house of Lords..... they have an agenda & your current politically correct politicians from both sides are allowing it to happen.

You're losing your country, just like France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany & Scandinavia.

How is it offensive to advertise anything to do with Christian values or Christmas yet your public transport systems have signs all over them declaring "Happy Ramadan" & for "Allah".

How is this acceptable? ...... thanks to your Muslim Mayor Saddiq Khan ... who is now one of many Muslim Mayors of major cities where there are large Muslim populations.

The only group allowed to push their beliefs & customs on others are Muslims.

The same stupidity is occurring in Australia.

The Royals are the least your least concern .... at least Meghan Markle isn't Muslim. :roll:

Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot » Sat May 26, 2018 9:12 am

I believe Australia went through a similar change Gnads most top positions are taken by European Australians.
I voted leave

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by whip » Sat May 26, 2018 10:05 am

Folk can like it or lump it for I care not one fig.

Whip is not a royalist.

I used to be but mind's change and i know mine changed for the better.

Thousand's of folk done good in other theaters that day, why not give them a praise.

Big deal so a royal got married Pfft.

i bet they never even had Black Pudding for breakfast or Lobster for their wedding reception lunch either.

That's the trouble with Toffs, they don't know what's good for them

Bleeding load of pansies so they are :D
GB FIRST

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Sat May 26, 2018 2:44 pm

gnads wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 8:51 am
ralph wrote:
Pilot wrote:

Ralph the Royalty are not a problem in your country ... but before too long they won't have a country to be Royals in .... you've been invaded & taken over from within.

You may not think so but it's the truth ... you have a foreign culture growing within your cities, local councils/politics, national politics & your house of Lords..... they have an agenda & your current politically correct politicians from both sides are allowing it to happen.

You're losing your country, just like France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany & Scandinavia.

How is it offensive to advertise anything to do with Christian values or Christmas yet your public transport systems have signs all over them declaring "Happy Ramadan" & for "Allah".

How is this acceptable? ...... thanks to your Muslim Mayor Saddiq Khan ... who is now one of many Muslim Mayors of major cities where there are large Muslim populations.

The Royals are the least your least concern .... at least Meghan Markle isn't Muslim. :roll:
Gnads, there is for many the problem you speak of, though the politically correct, to whom free speech is sacred, would fight to the death to try and stop you saying it. :lol: Re the Christian religious festivals... I believe commerce, costs and profits are playing their part. Better to manufacture things which don't specify a religious connection and just refer to the time of year 'Winter Festival' in the hope of widening the market to the non-Christian sections of society. Easter Eggs these days are often now just called 'chocolate eggs' for the same reason, Likewise: Instead of labeling products as 'Halal to appeal specifically to the Muslim section, they often just put the 'Halal' labeling in the tiniest of print and send it out to shops and fast food restraunts in the fervent hope that the majority won't notice it and the Muslims can't be offended or put off buying it.

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Sat May 26, 2018 2:53 pm

whip wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 10:05 am
Folk can like it or lump it for I care not one fig.

Whip is not a royalist.

I used to be but mind's change and i know mine changed for the better.

Thousand's of folk done good in other theaters that day, why not give them a praise.

Big deal so a royal got married Pfft.

i bet they never even had Black Pudding for breakfast or Lobster for their wedding reception lunch either.

That's the trouble with Toffs, they don't know what's good for them

Bleeding load of pansies so they are :D
For all your protestations, I'm not at all sure that you don't harbour some 'royal pretensions yourself... e.g. Referring to yourself in the third party, is very royal: "Whip is not a royalist." Queen Victoria used to do this all the time: she would say things like: "The Queen finds it all very irritating." or 'The Queen is not amused." Though she always denied that she had ever said the latter. :wink:

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Sat May 26, 2018 11:46 pm

Pilot wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 9:12 am
I believe Australia went through a similar change Gnads most top positions are taken by European Australians.
:lol: :lol: Totally irrelevant to what's happening in your country. There was no one running the country pre-european settlement.

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Sun May 27, 2018 2:20 am

ralph wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 2:44 pm
gnads wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 8:51 am
ralph wrote:

Gnads, there is for many the problem you speak of, though the politically correct, to whom free speech is sacred, would fight to the death to try and stop you saying it. :lol: Re the Christian religious festivals... I believe commerce, costs and profits are playing their part. Better to manufacture things which don't specify a religious connection and just refer to the time of year 'Winter Festival' in the hope of widening the market to the non-Christian sections of society. Easter Eggs these days are often now just called 'chocolate eggs' for the same reason, Likewise: Instead of labeling products as 'Halal to appeal specifically to the Muslim section, they often just put the 'Halal' labeling in the tiniest of print and send it out to shops and fast food restraunts in the fervent hope that the majority won't notice it and the Muslims can't be offended or put off buying it.

In other words capitulate/appease?

If things of Christian value are offensive to one religious group(supposedly a minority) then it would be equally offensive to the majority when the minority push their religious values openly.

Neither should be allowed to happen in a just/fair society.

https://www.royalparks.org.uk/managing- ... -policies
RELIGIOUS ACTIVITY IN THE ROYAL PARKS
The Royal Parks (TRP) does not permit collective acts of worship or other
religious observances in the TRP estate, either in their own right or as part of
a demonstration, event or other activity. This includes spoken or sung
communal prayers or other events that are primarily religious in focus.
Exceptions are made for annual acts of remembrance at the regimental
memorials in the Parks, which have taken place since the First World War.
As a public body, it is not the place of The Royal Parks to make value
judgments between one religious observance and another. We must either
permit all collective religious observances or refuse them all. Our approach is
to continue to refuse all such observances on the grounds that they are not
traditional park-related activities and the disadvantages to the public at large of
allowing them would almost certainly outweigh the benefits to adherents of a
particular religion or belief. The policy extends to the construction of
structures within the estate with a religious significance.
Cultural events that do not include collective religious activity are permitted
subject to the standard approval process.

Always double standards.

Tommy Robinson has been arrested, bought before a magistrate & given 13 month sentence for speaking out about the Islamisation of the UK.

All done within a couple of hours. Just 3 days ago.

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Thu May 31, 2018 1:51 am

Now your Police have arrested Tommy Robinson on a false charge not very long after a Muslim became your Home Office Secretary. :roll: :roll:

You live in a Fascist police state.

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball » Thu May 31, 2018 8:16 am

gnads wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 11:46 pm
Pilot wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 9:12 am
:lol: :lol: Totally irrelevant to what's happening in your country. There was no one running the country pre-european settlement.
totally irrelevant to the royal wedding
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Thu May 31, 2018 9:00 am

I was responding to a comment that was also totally irrelevant to the Royal Wedding.

whip
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: The royal weding

Post by whip » Thu May 31, 2018 1:10 pm

Thank heaven a*se and twine it's over.

Now let whip breath a sigh of relief.
GB FIRST

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Thu May 31, 2018 3:24 pm

gnads wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 1:51 am
Now your Police have arrested Tommy Robinson on a false charge not very long after a Muslim became your Home Office Secretary. :roll: :roll:

You live in a Fascist police state.
Gnads, he was sent to prison for a second related offence of 'Contempt of Court'. It is the 'contempt for the Court's authority that is regarded as a very serious offence, for when you put two fingers up to that authority, civil order is on the way out. I remember a Judge sending a man to prison after a comparatively minor motoring offence, but committed when he was 'banned from driving'. The Judge made it plain that it was his ignoring the Court that resulted in him going to prison.

That having been said... On the news this morning, Muslims are complaining about Islamaphobia in the Governing Conservative Party and demanding an inquiry. We are currently having the Labour Party tearing itself apart because some members are being accused of anti-semitism, while members in all Parties are complaining about lack of equality for women in all fields known to human kind. In general, long-suffering white men who mostly couldn't give a fig about any religion including the one they were born into and just want women to let them get on with living a quiet life. Germain Greer added more fuel to the fire this morning (when didn't she :lol: ) by asserting that a lot of rape charges are just down to 'bad s*x'. She seems to have upset all the usual 'angry' crowd.

Do I hate anyone? No, but I wish that all these people who have such a problem living in the UK, would get the hell out of it. Go to those countries where their own religion is dominant, or back to where their forebears came from - and if they are just women who always want to gripe at the system: don't get married and leave men alone - then we might all be a lot happier.

I feel much better for having said that. :lol:

Return to “The Corner Shop”