Daddyo has passed away

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

User avatar
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 25207
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:14 am
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: Daddyo has passed away

Post by sherri » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:20 pm

Barney wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:24 pm
R.I.P. Daddyo. You will be missed, you ol' bug*er. I always enjoyed your tirades, although I haven't been on as much recently. You certainly knew how to liven things up, and the boards will be much quieter now. :(
:lol: he would love that, barney.
I'm sending off a sympathy card today with everyone's names so will make sure yours is included.

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 4070
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:55 pm

Re: Daddyo has passed away

Post by ralph » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:31 pm

sherri wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:20 pm
Barney wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:24 pm
R.I.P. Daddyo. You will be missed, you ol' bug*er. I always enjoyed your tirades, although I haven't been on as much recently. You certainly knew how to liven things up, and the boards will be much quieter now. :(
:lol: he would love that, barney.
I'm sending off a sympathy card today with everyone's names so will make sure yours is included.
Thank you for that Sherri.

User avatar
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 25207
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:14 am
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: Daddyo has passed away

Post by sherri » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:06 pm

I'm sure his family would like to know we're thinking of them and that he had an influence beyond his own borders.I know we all have our differences with other members from time to time but the board is a lot quieter now they have gone. Sometimes I wonder what post number global would be up to if he could still be here! Probably 50,000 by now. :D
Card is nearly ready, just heading to the shops soon & will post then.

Image

User avatar
andysfootball
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 12034
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:29 pm
Location: HMS Bounty
Contact:

Re: Daddyo has passed away

Post by andysfootball » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:20 am

thanks sherri
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

User avatar
niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:58 pm

Re: Daddyo has passed away

Post by niagraa » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:02 am

sherri wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:06 pm
I'm sure his family would like to know we're thinking of them and that he had an influence beyond his own borders.I know we all have our differences with other members from time to time but the board is a lot quieter now they have gone. Sometimes I wonder what post number global would be up to if he could still be here! Probably 50,000 by now. :D
Card is nearly ready, just heading to the shops soon & will post then.

Image
hee hee hee, check out globals profile...

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1101

he is STILL averaging 8.82 posts per day, it'll be a few years (probably decades) before it averages out to 1 post per day :)

User avatar
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 25207
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:14 am
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: Daddyo has passed away

Post by sherri » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:19 pm

niagraa wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:02 am
sherri wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:06 pm
I'm sure his family would like to know we're thinking of them and that he had an influence beyond his own borders.I know we all have our differences with other members from time to time but the board is a lot quieter now they have gone. Sometimes I wonder what post number global would be up to if he could still be here! Probably 50,000 by now. :D
Card is nearly ready, just heading to the shops soon & will post then.

Image
hee hee hee, check out globals profile...

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1101

he is STILL averaging 8.82 posts per day, it'll be a few years (probably decades) before it averages out to 1 post per day :)
He was a legend. :D Still averaging 8 posts a day? Gotta love it. :D
I take it back about him probably being up to 50,000 posts by now. I see he was past the 40k mark several weeks before he died. Be up to at least 65k by now, for sure. :wink:

User avatar
champion.
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 9455
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:58 pm
Location: CUCKOOS NEST!!!

Re: Daddyo has passed away

Post by champion. » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:40 pm

I aint gonna lie i got a shock when i heard this....i liked Daddy'o, he could certainly stir the pot. R.I.P Daddy'o.

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 4070
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:55 pm

Re: Daddyo has passed away

Post by ralph » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:06 am

champion. wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:40 pm
I aint gonna lie i got a shock when i heard this....i liked Daddy'o, he could certainly stir the pot. R.I.P Daddy'o.
Stir the pot was putting it politely. :D I decided to look back at the last time he and I exchanged views: he started off by telling me I had made a good post, but as the topic progressed and our views diverged, his very last words were insulting. He died as he lived, as combinative as ever. That would have made him happy and I will miss him.

User avatar
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 25207
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:14 am
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: Daddyo has passed away

Post by sherri » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:47 am

He was feisty. :D
He once told me that I had opposed him on every front for over a year. I hadn't been aware I had but I know I'm an 'objective personality'-we look for the cons and try to point them out to be helpful. :lol:
But I think deep down he just wanted to be liked and respected, which is the same for most people I suppose.

All I know is I am very saddened by his death, when there were still a million topics to discuss and dissect, & world problems to solve. :wink:

User avatar
max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 3327
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:39 am
Location: St Petersburg, Russia

Re: Daddyo has passed away

Post by max Headroom » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:36 pm

Never mind another hero will turn up for you to worship.
By attending a presentation or briefing, or accepting, accessing or reviewing this document you acknowledge, accept and agree to the matters set out above.

User avatar
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 25207
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:14 am
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: Daddyo has passed away

Post by sherri » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:42 pm

I didn't 'worship' him. I respected him. Different things.

User avatar
max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 3327
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:39 am
Location: St Petersburg, Russia

Re: Daddyo has passed away

Post by max Headroom » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:12 am

For me worship is more than respect, but respect is the basis of worship (or should be). Worship is respect combined with love. But the respect itself, based on the abilities and qualities of the Person being worshiped is an extraordinary, ultimate respect.

Different things?
By attending a presentation or briefing, or accepting, accessing or reviewing this document you acknowledge, accept and agree to the matters set out above.

User avatar
sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 25207
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:14 am
Location: Melbourne Australia
Contact:

Re: Daddyo has passed away

Post by sherri » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:34 am

Definitely entirely different things, Max. I see clear cut differences between respect and worship.

User avatar
max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 3327
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:39 am
Location: St Petersburg, Russia

Re: Daddyo has passed away

Post by max Headroom » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:56 am

sherri wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:34 am
Definitely entirely different things, Max. I see clear cut differences between respect and worship.
I see once again you have as usual unable to comprehend what I have written, I like this forum it is such a great place for the feeble minded to vent their bent theories and have their 5 minutes of fame so back in your box snollygoster.

Once again you are wrong.
By attending a presentation or briefing, or accepting, accessing or reviewing this document you acknowledge, accept and agree to the matters set out above.

User avatar
Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 17037
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Saudi Shields

Re: Daddyo has passed away

Post by Pilot » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:03 pm

I bet Daddy0 will be hopping mad if they dont allow concealed weapons up there.
I voted leave

Image

User avatar
Rosie
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 5048
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:21 am
Location: Up on the roof

Re: Daddyo has passed away

Post by Rosie » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:22 am

I am sad to read Daddy O isn't with us any more. Life is very short and we none of us know what is around the corner. RIP Daddy O
Life doesn't have an undo button

User avatar
J Jackson
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 3169
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:10 pm
Location: 122 years in the future - we are all dead.

Re: Daddyo has passed away

Post by J Jackson » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:15 pm

Well I'm not going to pretend I liked him and leave it at that.

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber
Posts: 4070
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:55 pm

Re: Daddyo has passed away

Post by ralph » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:22 pm

Rosie wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:22 am
I am sad to read Daddy O isn't with us any more. Life is very short and we none of us know what is around the corner. RIP Daddy O
'Jarrow Pete' ,'Global', 'Daddy O' ... it sometimes feels as though we are on a conveyor belt heading for the exit - and I suppose we are really. :(

Post Reply

Return to “The Corner Shop”