17 Dead and 11 more wounded

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

Daddy O
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

17 Dead and 11 more wounded

Post by Daddy O » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:45 am

At a high school just north of Mami, Florida, an expelled student with an AR-15 (Automatic Rifle) entered the school at 2:40 pm and opened fire. Three more in intensive care and not expected to live.

More later.

Oh......and happy Valentin's Day.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: 17 Dead and 11 more wounded

Post by sherri » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:26 am

It's a shame some of these dysfunctional students have got the idea now that to 'get back' at others, the right way to do it is to go into the school, firing.

Schools have traditionally been fairly open environments where people can just walk in & up to the office or even walk round to wait outside classrooms, it's all very convenient for parents & an excellent way for mums to meet others socially, have a bit of a chat, but the way things are going, schools would almost need to be like prisons to stop this sort of thing.

Just a shame that it has almost become like a contest to see how many people you can shoot, at schools or any open venue.

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:58 am

It said on the News, that this is the thirteenth shooting at a school this year - and we are only halfway through February. Here, we get teachers grumbling about pay and conditions, but at least they are fairly sure they will be home each night.

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:59 am

ralph wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:58 am
It said on the News, that this is the thirteenth shooting at a school this year - and we are only halfway through February. Here, we get teachers grumbling about pay and conditions, but at least they are fairly sure they will be home each night.
Ralph with what they put up with everyday of the week ... they deserve good pay & conditions.

Don't kid yourself just because there aren't shootings in UK schools ... that there isn't unwarranted violence perpetrated by students
with fists, knives & & other assorted weapons. Plus the general belligerence of students today to any sort of discipline or formality.

I'm not one to advocate the stringent gun control that the UK has or the restrictive Australian laws because criminals are still committing gun crime in both our countries.

But the way things are going in the US they need to tighten their laws more than any regulations they have now ... which I believe vary from state to state of across the 50 US states.
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:57 am

I've said enough on shooting deaths in the USA especially massacres such as this.

It's up to them to sort it out.

RIP the kids and teacher.
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:16 am

I think the Sates is a lost cause as far as gun controls are concerned even if laws were passed today it would take generations to get a grip on the situation with the number of guns floating around in the population.
I voted leave

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:59 pm

Swearing in clip.

Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:44 am

Pilot wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:16 am
I think the Sates is a lost cause as far as gun controls are concerned even if laws were passed today it would take generations to get a grip on the situation with the number of guns floating around in the population.
I don't think it is worth talking about gun control as such. The majority of Americans have decided that fairly free access to guns is worth the price.

Everything has good & bad points, whether it is strict gun control or practically no gun control. There is no way they could go to strict gun control from where they are now but over time there might be some moderation on exactly what weapons are available.

The main problem at the moment is this world wide (but skewed towards US) trend to go out & shoot in quantity. The media would do well to back off & refrain from commenting on it being 'the most ever' or the 'worst', just report actual numbers & leave it at that. No need to set goals for the dysfunctional.

Return to “The Corner Shop”