Moderator: andysfootball

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: New Zealand

Post by sherri » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:40 pm

max Headroom wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:16 pm

What it boils down to that only ingnorant people travel without insurance, these idiots are prepared to loose their house if evacuated, get stung with expensive medical bills and medication, hospital and or accommodation in another country if unable to travel, loosing booked flights, paying for new flights. Most asian countries you pay all medical costs before treatment, no pay no treatment and I recall one person was being operated on and the procedure was stopped half way because the patient could only come up with half payment so if you think it is worth the risk then travel without it and never travel to arhnercah because then it gets very expensive.
Max-you sound as if you think someone had suggested it's okay to have no travel insurance. I haven't seen anyone in this thread say that.
If you had read earlier posts, you would have seen that I was the first one who suggested getting travel insurance. And Rosie said she knows all about travel insurance, just had not had to take it out before. I presume that is because her travelling has been local or mainly within Queensland.

For sure, if you travel, especially to some remote location, and then need to be evacuated, or have expensive medical treatment in places such as USA, then you'll regret not having the insurance.

I have an aunt who is a very fit 91 year old. At 90 she went to Israel with her daughter & son in law. On the way home at a stop over (forget exactly where), they were waiting for their connecting flight to Australia, went down an escalator and someone above them dropped a very heavy suitcase. It bounced down the steps, hit my aunt, she fell, & it landed on top of her, the metal parts on the bag cutting her to the bone. She required hospitalisation for several days, they thought she might lose the leg but she healed fast. That cost $4000 up front before they would take her in the ambulance. The airport does not take any liability for accidents. So.. lucky she had insurance.

My comment to Rosie about she'll be right-I would say most likely she will stay well & with luck won't need to see a doctor. Even with insurance, no one wants to ever have to claim on it for illness. It wasn't a suggestion not to bother with insurance, just not to over worry about the illness aspect.

max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by max Headroom » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:36 am

sherri wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:40 pm
max Headroom wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:16 pm

What it boils down to that only ingnorant people travel without insurance, these idiots are prepared to loose their house if evacuated, get stung with expensive medical bills and medication, hospital and or accommodation in another country if unable to travel, loosing booked flights, paying for new flights. Most asian countries you pay all medical costs before treatment, no pay no treatment and I recall one person was being operated on and the procedure was stopped half way because the patient could only come up with half payment so if you think it is worth the risk then travel without it and never travel to arhnercah because then it gets very expensive.
Max-you sound as if you think someone had suggested it's okay to have no travel insurance. I haven't seen anyone in this thread say that.
If you had read earlier posts, you would have seen that I was the first one who suggested getting travel insurance. And Rosie said she knows all about travel insurance, just had not had to take it out before. I presume that is because her travelling has been local or mainly within Queensland.

For sure, if you travel, especially to some remote location, and then need to be evacuated, or have expensive medical treatment in places such as USA, then you'll regret not having the insurance.

I have an aunt who is a very fit 91 year old. At 90 she went to Israel with her daughter & son in law. On the way home at a stop over (forget exactly where), they were waiting for their connecting flight to Australia, went down an escalator and someone above them dropped a very heavy suitcase. It bounced down the steps, hit my aunt, she fell, & it landed on top of her, the metal parts on the bag cutting her to the bone. She required hospitalisation for several days, they thought she might lose the leg but she healed fast. That cost $4000 up front before they would take her in the ambulance. The airport does not take any liability for accidents. So.. lucky she had insurance.

My comment to Rosie about she'll be right-I would say most likely she will stay well & with luck won't need to see a doctor. Even with insurance, no one wants to ever have to claim on it for illness. It wasn't a suggestion not to bother with insurance, just not to over worry about the illness aspect.
Only if you had taken time to read and comprehend what I have written, surely you can cover you arse better than that, these forums have a tendency to evolve and your case you don't, only degenerate further.
By attending a presentation or briefing, or accepting, accessing or reviewing this document you acknowledge, accept and agree to the matters set out above.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:50 am

max Headroom wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:36 am

------------------

Only if you had taken time to read and comprehend what I have written, surely you can cover you arse better than that, these forums have a tendancy to evolve and your case you don't, only degenerate further.

Deal with it.
The trouble with you, max, is you like to make trouble over nothing.

Rosie started out a bit worried about illness on board cruise ships, the discussion then moved on to the need for health insurance, & how much doctors might charge on cruise ships etc

I'm not trying to cover anything-I've already mentioned the need for travel insurance in international waters. How many times would I need to repeat it for it to sink into your head that I did advocate insurance? Obviously once or twice is not enough.
But the fact is most people don't need to claim for illness or calamity & with any luck, Rosie will be in their number & should be fine on a cruise.

Rosie
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Rosie » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:02 am

gnads wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:40 pm
YeaH good o Rosie.

re: the Credit card or your lack thereof .... I see you said you have a Visa Savings Card .... that is what's called a Debit Card .... it's hooked to your bank account & when you use it ..... you can nominate whether you use the "savings" key or the "credit" key. It doesn't matter.... if you don't have money in your account the transaction won't be approved. My bank told me to use the credit key when making purchases as it saves on fees. It won't let you use the credit key if you are getting cash out. Using the credit feature doesn't use the banks money like a credit card .... only the money in your account.

So when you speak of "on some ships you have to have a credit card" .... your Visa Savings Debit Card serves the same purpose. I only have a Debit Card so ...if account empty me no can spendy.
Thanks for that information Gnads, that's good to know.
Life doesn't have an undo button

max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by max Headroom » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:59 am

sherri wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:50 am
max Headroom wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:36 am

------------------

Only if you had taken time to read and comprehend what I have written, surely you can cover you arse better than that, these forums have a tendancy to evolve and your case you don't, only degenerate further.

Deal with it.
The trouble with you, max, is you like to make trouble over nothing.

Rosie started out a bit worried about illness on board cruise ships, the discussion then moved on to the need for health insurance, & how much doctors might charge on cruise ships etc

I'm not trying to cover anything-I've already mentioned the need for travel insurance in international waters. How many times would I need to repeat it for it to sink into your head that I did advocate insurance? Obviously once or twice is not enough.
But the fact is most people don't need to claim for illness or calamity & with any luck, Rosie will be in their number & should be fine on a cruise.
Once again you have barged in pontificating, I do not answer to you nor do I care of what you think or say, I do not have to deal with anything, you'll find I wasn't writing to you, I suggest you mind your own business.
By attending a presentation or briefing, or accepting, accessing or reviewing this document you acknowledge, accept and agree to the matters set out above.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:22 am

Max, you're a drama queen.

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:02 am

settle down ladies
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

max Headroom
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by max Headroom » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:17 am

sherri wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:22 am
Max, you're a drama queen.
There you go changing the posting, now lets see insurance then drama queen, why not go and do some queening on yourself I think you'd need it.

Return to “The Corner Shop”