terrorist attack or mentally insane?

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

andysfootball

terrorist attack or mentally insane?

Post by andysfootball » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:48 am

the actual term needs to be sorted out really

this bloke probably never had any links to anything

just a loner, mentally insane and adds the muslim bit as a bit of insane reasoning

did come from Afghanistan though

pointless putting more bollards up

coz there'll always be another nutcase.

cops done a good job
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: terrorist attack or mentally insane?

Post by niagraa » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:25 am

wake up andy, he's a mozlem terrorist, as for mental health, all psychopaths are mentally unfit, but with islam these psychopaths are created by their filthy warped religion, so yes, he's both, a mozlem terrorist AND a mental case.

no one should make excuses for any of these scum, if it quacks and waddles like a duck, it's not a flamin' dog.

hope he gets knocked off in prison.

Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:26 am

I think if you bring terror to people you are a terrorist regardless of the motivation.
I voted leave

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:40 am

Pilot wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:26 am
I think if you bring terror to people you are a terrorist regardless of the motivation.
true, and with islam terror has always been used, it's mohammeds trademark.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:44 am

I think there is a loose relationship.
It's not a highly organised terrorist act by a group but it still qualifies as terrorism.

I think that is the true evil of organisations such as ISIS.
They are running a campaign to make trouble.
They are encouraging people in westernised countries to 'do something'.

The man who drove into the crowd was a muslim, he was an Afghani, he claimed he was doing it deliberately as a terrorist act. That was his motivation.
At the same time, he was a druggie with mental issues. But he got his inspiration & ideas from the terrorist organisations, that's the problem. And maybe he didn't have any contact with known terrorist groups, but all the same, maybe he was spurred on by them.

The part I have a query about is the man caught filming it all, the one who had 3 knives in his bag.

No, bollards won't achieve a thing.
Maybe a harder line with criminals & deportation might help.

We also had an incident over in the western suburbs where dozens of African youths ran rampant. Police retreated in fear & no arrests were made. Maybe it's time for the water guns, tasers & that sound thingy that incapacitates people to be rolled out for riot situations.

Having officials claim it is nothing to do with race or terrorism when these things happen is not fooling anyone.

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:18 pm

sherri wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:44 am
terror laws need to include the death penalty, shoot the b*stards and don't waste another cent on the filthy animals.

ralph
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by ralph » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:23 pm

sherri wrote:
I think there is a loose relationship.
It's not a highly organised terrorist act by a group but it still qualifies as terrorism.

I think that is the true evil of organisations such as ISIS.
They are running a campaign to make trouble.
They are encouraging people in westernised countries to 'do something'.

The man who drove into the crowd was a muslim, he was an Afghani, he claimed he was doing it deliberately as a terrorist act. That was his motivation.
At the same time, he was a druggie with mental issues. But he got his inspiration & ideas from the terrorist organisations, that's the problem. And maybe he didn't have any contact with known terrorist groups, but all the same, maybe he was spurred on by them.

The part I have a query about is the man caught filming it all, the one who had 3 knives in his bag.

No, bollards won't achieve a thing.

We also had an incident over in the western suburbs where dozens of African youths ran rampant. Police retreated in fear & no arrests were made. Maybe it's time for the water guns, tasers & that sound thingy that incapacitates people to be rolled out for riot situations.

Having officials claim it is nothing to do with race or terrorism when these things happen is not fooling anyone.
I don't often buy newspapers these days and rely for my news on the TV, Radio and social media. This case does not seem to have been given much publicity in the UK except for Australian Police saying it was not being regarded as a terrorist incident. If what is being said here is true, it may not have been an incident linked to a named terrorist group, but of course it is a terrorist incident. When we has a 'loner' drive into a crowd outside a London Mosque, there was no p*ssy-footing about calling him a 'terrorist'. It looks as as though the Authorities in Australia, in the interests of social harmony are being 'economic with the truth.' and damaging their credibility.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:58 pm

That's the truth, Ralph.
I have to admit, I would be more worried if he had been part of an organised group & they were plotting lots of attacks. But we should still acknowledge the source of motivation.

I don't know that our authorities have quite come to grips with the idea that a terrorist can also be a person with problems. As I said, I think that is the main danger with groups such as ISIS, they reach out and give the disaffected a 'cause' to get their teeth into.
The siege a couple of years back in the Sydney café, where people were held hostage & 2 died, where Monis had flags & signs about ISIS, even then authorities were saying it wasn't really a terror attack as such, just a man with issues.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:11 pm

niagraa wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:18 pm
sherri wrote:
terror laws need to include the death penalty, shoot the b*stards and don't waste another cent on the filthy animals.
I think the day is coming when they may. Not here for a while, but in Europe & perhaps the UK.

For the moment though, I would like to see fast tracked deportation for serious troublemakers & cancellation of citizenship for serious troublemakers.
And unless police are given stronger rights to quell rioters, we're in for a lot more trouble.

We have the situation near here where in some really big retail stores (think Kathmandu, Officeworks etc), groups of Africans are walking in-not running or sneaking-just walking in as a group, picking what they want then casually walking out, laughing. No one can do a thing. Would you challenge a group of 20-30 youths, I know I'd be standing right back too. They don't hide their faces yet none of them ever get charged. These guys are bullet proof & unfortunately they know it.
I'm guessing, but I suspect if I got up a group of 20 friends and we tried the same stunt, they'd splash our faces on TV & have us arrested & charged in hours.
I've heard from a couple of sources that the Africans are the most violent in the community by far.

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:27 am

sherri wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:11 pm
niagraa wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:18 pm
sherri wrote:
I think the day is coming when they may. Not here for a while, but in Europe & perhaps the UK.

For the moment though, I would like to see fast tracked deportation for serious troublemakers & cancellation of citizenship for serious troublemakers.
And unless police are given stronger rights to quell rioters, we're in for a lot more trouble.

We have the situation near here where in some really big retail stores (think Kathmandu, Officeworks etc), groups of Africans are walking in-not running or sneaking-just walking in as a group, picking what they want then casually walking out, laughing. No one can do a thing. Would you challenge a group of 20-30 youths, I know I'd be standing right back too. They don't hide their faces yet none of them ever get charged. These guys are bullet proof & unfortunately they know it.
I'm guessing, but I suspect if I got up a group of 20 friends and we tried the same stunt, they'd splash our faces on TV & have us arrested & charged in hours.
I've heard from a couple of sources that the Africans are the most violent in the community by far.
that's where a 15 shot pump action shotgun would come in handy, get the b*stards down on the floor with their hands behind their heads real quick.

these b*stards have been nothing but trouble ever since the stinking government started to let them in, rapes murders robberies and a few years ago in alice springs they were even grooming kids and terrorizing alice springs itself, i'd like to see a few of these animals get their heads splayed out by a .50 caliber, see if that settles the mongrels down.

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:39 am

sherri wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:58 pm
That's the truth, Ralph.
I have to admit, I would be more worried if he had been part of an organised group & they were plotting lots of attacks. But we should still acknowledge the source of motivation.

I don't know that our authorities have quite come to grips with the idea that a terrorist can also be a person with problems. As I said, I think that is the main danger with groups such as ISIS, they reach out and give the disaffected a 'cause' to get their teeth into.
The siege a couple of years back in the Sydney café, where people were held hostage & 2 died, where Monis had flags & signs about ISIS, even then authorities were saying it wasn't really a terror attack as such, just a man with issues.
monis didn't have an isis flag, but he wanted the cops to get one for him, this prick was a shia, but he agreed with what the predominantly sunni isis was doing..

as for lone wolf attacks, who's to say that a group is not sending out people individually instead of in groups, islam is islam, whether they act as a group or an individual, it doesn't matter, the doctrine of mohammed is their inspiration.

i'm so sick of these mongrel apologists saying crap like "it's got nothing to do with islam" despite the fact the culprits chant allah Akbar..

then the dickheads tried to vindicate young mozlems going to Syria and joining isis by saying, "the poor little dears are bored with nothing to do", s**t, maybe the council should have the given the murderous little animals a swing set..

like, is it normal for someone who is bored to go off on a killing spree ? apparently it is if your a mozlem, but somehow that's our fault and not theirs..

to hell with the apologetic left, a few of those idiots need a .50 cal to the head as well.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:47 am

I think a tougher stance should be announced.
If police suddenly went in and challenged any of these youths, they would be attacked. The trouble with a gun is it can only shoot one bullet at a time so you might get a couple of them but then they would get you.
Why should police put their lives in the line like that? usually you're talking 2 police, against what-20 or 30?
I think there need to be squads ready to deal with riots. Plenty of police, plenty of weapons & advance notice they will be used. then carry through.

At the moment if police were to even so much as draw a gun, there would be major trouble. If anyone actually got shot, there would be calls that it was an over reaction.

It's a fine line. We don't want police routinely shooting at people either. A bit of tasering for some of them wouldn't go astray though.

ISIS has specifically encouraged lone wolf attacks.

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:12 am

sherri wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:47 am
I think a tougher stance should be announced.
If police suddenly went in and challenged any of these youths, they would be attacked. The trouble with a gun is it can only shoot one bullet at a time so you might get a couple of them but then they would get you.
Why should police put their lives in the line like that? usually you're talking 2 police, against what-20 or 30?
I think there need to be squads ready to deal with riots. Plenty of police, plenty of weapons & advance notice they will be used. then carry through.

At the moment if police were to even so much as draw a gun, there would be major trouble. If anyone actually got shot, there would be calls that it was an over reaction.

It's a fine line. We don't want police routinely shooting at people either. A bit of tasering for some of them wouldn't go astray though.

ISIS has specifically encouraged lone wolf attacks.
ever heard of machine guns ? give them to the cops when they have to confront mozlem filth, and why should cops put their lives on the line ? if they are not prepared to do so, then they should never have joined, just because we are a relatively untroubled country doesn't mean these cops can pick and choose what their job entails, I knew an Irishman in Brisbane who use to be a cop in northern ireland, he fired hundreds of rounds at various hidden assailants over the course of his career, but he expected s**t like that when he joined, our cops should have the same attitude, if they don't, they need to get out of the force and do something else.

man monis could have been taken out at anytime, police snipers had clear shots a number of times, but the idiots in charge didn't use them, some b*llshit about they didn't know if the plate glass windows would deflect the bullets, I call b*llshit on that, if they don't know what plate glass or other materials will do to a trajectory of a .50 cal, then they shouldn't even have sniper rifles.

no, the cops didn't want to shoot that mozlem filth terrorist because they wanted to avoid upsetting the mozlem populace, instead they get 2 Australians killed, heads should have rolled over that as far as i'm concerned, next time these cops better snipe the b*stards first chance they get.

"isis has specifically encouraged lone wolf attacks" you know why they say "lone wolf" ?

it's because a mozlem on his own is not sharing his plans with others, there is no chance of authorities finding out about a looming terrorist attack, terrorist attacks that our illustrious d*ckhead lefty politicians label as anything but what it actually is.

and I guarantee there will be imams in Australia who also encourage "lone wolf" attacks.

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:30 am

ralph wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:23 pm
I don't often buy newspapers these days and rely for my news on the TV, Radio and social media. This case does not seem to have been given much publicity in the UK except for Australian Police saying it was not being regarded as a terrorist incident. If what is being said here is true, it may not have been an incident linked to a named terrorist group, but of course it is a terrorist incident. When we has a 'loner' drive into a crowd outside a London Mosque, there was no p*ssy-footing about calling him a 'terrorist'. It looks as as though the Authorities in Australia, in the interests of social harmony are being 'economic with the truth.' and damaging their credibility.
yep, political correctness has a lot to answer for ralph, under political correctness mozlem scumbags are a protected species, and islam is not to be insulted, then we have traitorous politicians who say Islamic terrorists are not Islamic, bill shorten the leader of the opposition here in aus say's that, as doe's that dumb b***h that you poms call "prime minister" she needs a knock on the head, they all do..

i'll call a spade a spade, and to hell with the left and political correctness, the only other thing that is just as dangerous to western society as mozlem terrorism, are those bleeding heart lefty palistinian loving arseholes who back islam to the hilt.

last century they would have been called exactly what they are "5th columnists" but today they are seen as heroes for that human rights b*llshit..

and to quote barack obastard "the future must not belong to those who insult the prophet mohammed"..

that about sums up the attitude of the left..

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:47 am

I'm not sure I would like to see machine gun attacks on shoplifters, no matter how arrogant the gang members are. That's OTT.

At the moment, I don't think you can blame police who back off, niagraa, because they are not allowed to draw a gun except in the most dire of circumstances.
If you recall, even when Haider was shot, there were calls that it was over reaction, yet those 2 officers had been seriously wounded & were in a fight for life.
If politicians & higher ups won't support you, you have to tread carefully. Basically it means officers have to tow the line with policy, not matter what their own views might be.

Rather than machine guns, I would rather see tear gas, water cannons, that sort of thing on rioting mobs.

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:44 pm

andysfootball wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:48 am
the actual term needs to be sorted out really

this bloke probably never had any links to anything

just a loner, mentally insane and adds the muslim bit as a bit of insane reasoning

did come from Afghanistan though

pointless putting more bollards up

coz there'll always be another nutcase.

cops done a good job

What tripe Andy

you swallow the same old media fed BS.

He had an offsider filming who was also arrested

It was deliberately planned & is an act of Islamic terrorism.
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:23 pm

sherri wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:47 am
I'm not sure I would like to see machine gun attacks on shoplifters, no matter how arrogant the gang members are. That's OTT.

At the moment, I don't think you can blame police who back off, niagraa, because they are not allowed to draw a gun except in the most dire of circumstances.
If you recall, even when Haider was shot, there were calls that it was over reaction, yet those 2 officers had been seriously wounded & were in a fight for life.
If politicians & higher ups won't support you, you have to tread carefully. Basically it means officers have to tow the line with policy, not matter what their own views might be.

Rather than machine guns, I would rather see tear gas, water cannons, that sort of thing on rioting mobs.
over the top ? not for me sherri, the sooner we start shooting these b*stards the sooner they might start to behave themselves.

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:31 pm

gnads wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:44 pm
what tripe Andy

you swallow the same old media fed BS.

He had an offsider filming who was also arrested

It was deliberately planned & is an act of Islamic terrorism.
couldn't agree more gnads, too many people making too many excuses for these mozlem scum, I have a thing against lefty's because of their respect for islam, I don't think for one minute that andy falls into the lefty category, i'm certain he will come to his senses one day, I believe he's a pacifist because of his experience in the falklands, and while wanting peace is admirable, some lose sense of reality, because as is well known, the only way to keep peace and to hold on to what is yours when others threaten it, is to fight back for it.

andysfootball

Post by andysfootball » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:42 pm

it's the word terrorist that's the issue to me

it partly suggests that these people are linked to other terrorists and have the strength in an organisation

if it actually said "mentally deranged Afghani man mows down innocent people on Melbourne street" it would be more accurate

not that this incident did not cause terror

but it would not have been planned by a group of intellectual people sitting down drawing up a plan to cause mayhem

that's what the IRA used to do, that's what the 9/11 group did

those groups wouldn't have been mentally insane or juiced up on ice

we shouldn't be putting these mentally sick individuals on the terrorist pedestal

that actually helps the real terrorists cause.
STAY CALM AND SANDDANCE ON

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:12 pm

andysfootball wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:42 pm
it's the word terrorist that's the issue to me

it partly suggests that these people are linked to other terrorists and have the strength in an organisation

if it actually said "mentally deranged Afghani man mows down innocent people on Melbourne street" it would be more accurate

not that this incident did not cause terror

but it would not have been planned by a group of intellectual people sitting down drawing up a plan to cause mayhem

that's what the IRA used to do, that's what the 9/11 group did

those groups wouldn't have been mentally insane or juiced up on ice

we shouldn't be putting these mentally sick individuals on the terrorist pedestal

that actually helps the real terrorists cause.
andy, you are just another case of "can't see the forest because the tree's are in the way"

Return to “The Corner Shop”