terrorist attack or mentally insane?

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: terrorist attack or mentally insane?

Post by Pilot » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:15 pm

Surely a terrorist is someone who causes people to be terrified, I expect the people mowed down were terrified at the time making this guy a terrorist in my book, what caused him to become a terrorist is another matter.
I voted leave

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:16 am

andysfootball wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:42 pm
it's the word terrorist that's the issue to me

it partly suggests that these people are linked to other terrorists and have the strength in an organisation

if it actually said "mentally deranged Afghani man mows down innocent people on Melbourne street" it would be more accurate

not that this incident did not cause terror

but it would not have been planned by a group of intellectual people sitting down drawing up a plan to cause mayhem

that's what the IRA used to do, that's what the 9/11 group did

those groups wouldn't have been mentally insane or juiced up on ice

we shouldn't be putting these mentally sick individuals on the terrorist pedestal

that actually helps the real terrorists cause.

They do ..... it's now global because our stupid immigration policies & the looney left.

It's called their religion ......... ISLAM.
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:24 am

Pilot his cultural upbringing(inbreeding) and Islam make him what he is....

even when they go to a safer place with a better lifestyle .... it's no good

they have to turn it into the same hell holes they left

they destroy their own countries - even without western interference

and when bought to the west start the same shyte again.

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:08 pm

andysfootball wrote:

it partly suggests that these people are linked to other terrorists and have the strength in an organisation

if it actually said "mentally deranged Afghani man mows down innocent people on Melbourne street" it would be more accurate

but it would not have been planned by a group of intellectual people sitting down drawing up a plan to cause mayhem

we shouldn't be putting these mentally sick individuals on the terrorist pedestal

I agree with you actually. The word terrorist, as we have understood it for the last 40-50 years or longer, has meant a person with a cause, working on behalf of an organisation they supported.
The planning & action was carried out by members.

Just because an action causes terror, that does not make a person a terrorist. There was in Melbourne (or Sydney?) recently a woman who put her foot on the pedal instead of the brake & went through a classroom wall, killing & injuring some students. Did she cause terror & grief? of course. Was it deliberate, was she a terrorist? No.

But what we have to get our heads around is the fact that language meaning changes over time & the internet is changing things. First off, a lot of young people take d*ugs & it does influence their actions. Is that an excuse? No. It's not like no one knows they're addictive etc

Can a person feel as if they are part of a group of people they have never met, simply by going on the internet? Yes. This board is a case in point.

Are terrorist organisations such as ISIS using the internet to chat to young ones to influence their behaviour, to convert them to the cause? It sure is.

Are terrorist organisations encouraging lone wolf attacks by some of their admirers, in order to deliberately cause terror in western countries?
yes.

Was the man in Mebourne who carried out the attack a muslim in touch with these organisations? Yes.
Was he influenced by them in what he did? Undoubtedly. Even with d*ugs, he knew very well what he was doing, it was deliberate.

Given his motivation & connections, I think we have to put him firmly in the terrorist camp.

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:41 am

sherri wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:08 pm
andysfootball wrote:

I agree with you actually. The word terrorist, as we have understood it for the last 40-50 years or longer, has meant a person with a cause, working on behalf of an organisation they supported.
The planning & action was carried out by members.

Just because an action causes terror, that does not make a person a terrorist.
There was in Melbourne (or Sydney?) recently a woman who put her foot on the pedal instead of the brake & went through a classroom wall, killing & injuring some students. Did she cause terror & grief? of course. Was it deliberate, was she a terrorist? No.
But what we have to get our heads around is the fact that language meaning changes over time & the internet is changing things. First off, a lot of young people take d*ugs & it does influence their actions. Is that an excuse? No. It's not like no one knows they're addictive etc

Can a person feel as if they are part of a group of people they have never met, simply by going on the internet? Yes. This board is a case in point.

Are terrorist organisations such as ISIS using the internet to chat to young ones to influence their behaviour, to convert them to the cause? It sure is.

Are terrorist organisations encouraging lone wolf attacks by some of their admirers, in order to deliberately cause terror in western countries?
yes.

Was the man in Mebourne who carried out the attack a muslim in touch with these organisations? Yes.
Was he influenced by them in what he did? Undoubtedly. Even with d*ugs, he knew very well what he was doing, it was deliberate.

Given his motivation & connections, I think we have to put him firmly in the terrorist camp.
No but she was a non english speaking & reading Muslim ... who was in an area that she was not supposed to be in.

Sherri it may not have been a deliberate terrorist act so in looking at the case in question it is irrelevant.

For the last 30 years we have been importing more & more people of the same mindset as this Afghani scumbag, the recent illegal boatie arrrivals
are even worse than ever.

It's either no more Muslim immigration or our vetting system has to improve over 100%. The people we are bringing in like the perp aren't grateful they have a safe new life ... they hate us & all we represent.

It's a creeping insidious takeover ... that the suicidal PC leftards won't see until it's too late.

In the meantime anyone speaking out is labelled a bigot or a racist or the weasel word "Islamaphobe".

Truth is we have everything to be afraid of regarding today's Islam & a vast number of it's followers especially those we are bringing in now as so called refugees..

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:43 pm

The reason I mentioned the event at the school (or you could substitute any car accident if you prefer) is because of pilot's definition of terrorist. It was along the lines of "It caused terror therefore the perpetrator is a terrorist."
I don't agree with this. I think the term terrorist should still have clearly defined boundaries and a major one should be that the person we call a terrorist is identifying with a cause.
What is different these days is the person may not necessarily have had physical contact with other members, or meetings with other members. The internet is changing the way terrorism can work.

I have mixed feelings about migration. I would not take in muslim refugees from some of the most troubled areas at all. What seems to be happening is that even if many of the refugees themselves don't make trouble, their kids often do. I think many of the refugees fly under the radar. They may not break the law, but many of them have no love for this country or for the way of life here & that attitude rubs off to some extent to the children.

My main worry is that if the numbers of muslims hits critical mass, what we'll see is political change, the introduction of sharia law in some areas & perhaps a move towards a more radical, militant form of Islamic thought. If that happens, many of the moderate muslims will shut up in fear & go along with it. That's what happened in Germany in WW2. Not all Germans were Nazis or liked the party but they shut up & went along with it as they didn't want to be traitors either.

Pilot
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by Pilot » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:42 pm

Islam is just going through its violent stage like Christianity did back in the day of burning, beheading, hang drawn and quartering of anyone who was a none believer, our own King Henry VIII, invented his own version of Christianity and set about ordering the punishment and sometimes murder of those who chose to support Rome, even though he had been a devout Catholic. I guess one day we will turn away from all this religious hatred, bit too late for me of course but fingers crossed :wink:
I voted leave

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by sherri » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:03 pm

Pilot wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:42 pm
Islam is just going through its violent stage like Christianity did back in the day of burning, beheading, hang drawn and quartering of anyone who was a none believer, our own King Henry VIII, invented his own version of Christianity and set about ordering the punishment and sometimes murder of those who chose to support Rome, even though he had been a devout Catholic. I guess one day we will turn away from all this religious hatred, bit too late for me of course but fingers crossed :wink:
I don't mind people having religious beliefs & I don't mind them living by them but when it comes to attacking others simply for their religion then it needs to be stomped on. (As does any political regime that does the same & some around the world do).
Christianity did go through a violent period too but it was a long time ago & there's nothing we can do about it. It's ancient history.
I think Islam is revving up towards a more violent phase. That we can do something about.

niagraa
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by niagraa » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:30 am

Pilot wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:42 pm
violent stage ? what a load of crap, islam has been violent every day since that psychopathic pedophile prick mohammed invented it, for 1400 years it has terrorised murdered enslaved stole and lead by the sword against anyone they want to, why the hell don't people know or understand this, it's a bloody still ongoing historical fact.

but I guess too many people listen to the d*ckhead left and to the lies of islamics themselves.

Return to “The Corner Shop”