There are some fracken idiots in the NT

Welcome to The Corner Shop

Moderator: andysfootball

freon
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

There are some fracken idiots in the NT

Post by freon » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:33 pm

Now i am neither for or against fracking and have only done a small amount of research
on the subject . I know the Territory is sitting on a huge fortune and there is a lot of pressure
to start the process. Last year one of the most outspoken anti fracking advocates was interviewed by the ABC
and he voiced his environmental concerns as owner of one of the largest pastoral companies in the Territory
I guess he was a valid spokesman
Well surprise surprise the NT Government has just issued his pastoral company a permit to clear 20,432 hectares
of native vegetation on Maryville station so he can graze more cattle so much for being an environmentalist.
These extra cattle will most likely become live exports to Asia who we condemn for clearing their forests
work that out

cheers

sherri
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Re: There are some fracken idiots in the NT

Post by sherri » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:45 pm

Money often wins out. I guess it's how these people became wealthy in the first place.

There has to be a balance I suppose. We need some industry too. I'm not a fan of live export because of the cruelty that often goes with it. I'm not in favour of selling off our industries & land to big overseas companies either.

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:02 am

freon wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:33 pm
Now i am neither for or against fracking and have only done a small amount of research
on the subject . I know the Territory is sitting on a huge fortune and there is a lot of pressure
to start the process. Last year one of the most outspoken anti fracking advocates was interviewed by the ABC
and he voiced his environmental concerns as owner of one of the largest pastoral companies in the Territory
I guess he was a valid spokesman
Well surprise surprise the NT Government has just issued his pastoral company a permit to clear 20,432 hectares
of native vegetation on Maryville station so he can graze more cattle so much for being an environmentalist.
These extra cattle will most likely become live exports to Asia who we condemn for clearing their forests
work that out

cheers
You can count me in the anti fracking group.

It doesn't take much research to find out it's potential for environmental disaster.

Mind you it pays not to use or fall for the Gas Industries biased information that says its all good and safe.

The evidence of its detriment from the US, the inventor of this appalling process is huge .... yet money and big Oil & Gas get what they want.

Yesterday that idiot Scott Morrison was on TV after the ACCC has criticized Gas supply & prices.

http://www.smh.com.au/video/video-busin ... 50vo7.html

Morrison said that the gas problem could be solved because it was underneath peoples feet.

That is the whole problem .... we should not be fracking gas anywhere near populations or our water storages and underground aquifers.

What the govt, the ACCC and industry keep doing is calling it "GAS".

The problem is that the country uses different types of "gas". One name should never fit all.

The gas used by most commercial businesses and residential users in their cookers and stoves and BBQs and cars ... is LPG - Liquid Petroleum Gas which comes off as a by product of refining oil for petroleum products. It was once just burned off to the atmosphere.

Our underground gas was found by conventional drilling during oil exploration ... this was most often used to supply large scale heavy industry.

The gas now being taken by multi well horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing (fracking) of coal seams(CSG) is also called LNG - Liquid Natural Gas. There's not one thing natural about it.

This gas was never intended for our domestic market by the Gas Companies ..... it was all to be for export ... and that's exactly what has been happening.

Yet this "gas" and it's export prices is what is being used as a benchmark for supply & demand prices of "all" domestic gases.

CSG/LNG gets sold en mass for around 3 or 4 cents a litre to Asia ... yet we pay up to 90c to a dollar a litre to put a different gas LPG in our cars.

A 9 or 8.5 kg Swap and Go bottle of LPG gas costs up to $60. It's bullshyte.

Freon keep the NT free of fracking.
Nappies & Politicians should be changed often. Both for the same reason.
I don't have an attitude I have a personality you can't handle.

freon
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by freon » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:11 am

Gnads they have been fracking in the Territory for a lot of years without incident but I believe its is only on
a very small scale compared to what they want to do.I just find it strange that the NT Gov has issued a permit
to clear 20 odd thousand hectares of native forest when we constantly knock our neighbours for doing the same

cheers

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:33 pm

Yeah I understand the clearing bit .. but a lot of the country being cleared is probably Savannah woodland ... hardly comparable to tropical rainforest jungle ... which is more or less a big part of being the lungs of the world.

but as for "fracking" ..... the unconventional multi well from one well head,using horizontal drilling in all directions is a relatively modern technique... 15 yrs maybe a bit more.

Anything fracked in years gone by was via conventional vertical drilling.

As for there being no incidents ...... no one knows what goes on underground once they start those processes.

And surprisingly ..... we can eat beef ..... we can't eat gas, coal or oil.

freon
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by freon » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:25 pm

But you will be eating it raw in the dark LOL
cheers

gnads
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by gnads » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:03 am

I doubt it.

Our coloured cousins could teach me 'ow ta rub two stigs togedda ... buddu ey.

freon
Full Time Gobber
Full Time Gobber

Post by freon » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:35 am

Yes Gnads but the VB will be warm

cheers

Return to “The Corner Shop”